Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Your Favorite Anime Movie and Why

Well I think that even though I disliked the ending, not gunna spoiler why but basically "The Girl Who Lept Through Time" Is by far my favorite anime.

The orginal story idea, the characters, the story all are so good...I just have to applaud the director for a job done amazingly well. It just makes me sad to see such a great director pass up the Haruhi movie XD

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Re: Your Favorite Anime Movie and Why

Movie Specifically? Porco Rosso.

Sheer perfection. Everything about this movie is concieved and executed to the highest standards. A beautiful story, with the wonder that Miyazaki brings to the table. I think if you are going to pick a single anime movie as the best, it HAS to be a Miyazaki film.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

Princess Mononoke

The story is amazing, delving both into myth and basic human instincts, while blending a beautifully drawn and well thought out background. Voice acting both in the original japanese and english are superb, and I could watch this movie again and again and not lose interest.

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Meh, I hate picking favorites. Just pretend there's one if it's a big deal. Generally a favorite depends on my mood, and what I really want to see at the moment. Having something solely focused on one genre is hard to do as well as limits the users enjoyment.

As such, my choices for best anime movie specifically would be Millennium Actress and Interstella 5555. People will recall the latter from late night Toonami sessions where they played cartoon-ish music videos (IE Daft Punk, Gorrilaz, etc). If I recall correctly the series never did finish airing, and I had to wait quite a few years to actually see the whole thing. Though now that I have, I have this fond love of watching it over and over again because I always notice something new. Not only did the director make a story without words, just using an existing soundtrack, but he was able to match animations and what not to very specific beats. The planning in this was insane, if not meticulous to such a fine degree it would case someone's head to explode. I can't imagine all the thought put into it, but generally it is a decent story with oddly likable characters.

Millennium Actress is more for the romantic in me per se. It is well done with good scene transitions, a moving story, and a conflicted time period. The fact it is able to provide a few slap-stick humor moments along with the moving tale is uplifting and effective in its execution. I don't feel as though I can say much on the title itself without giving too much away, but it is worth a watch. I highly recommend tissues or at least not being an emotionless douche. xP

Last edited by Kanashimi; 11-26-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

I don't really like doing x number of favorites, so I'll can throw out some names. For anime I'd go with The Girl who Leapt Through Time, beautiful would be an accurate, if cheesy, way to describe it.First Squad: Moment of Truth, I really enjoy stuff based off all the crazy magic research that took place during WWI and II and the Cold War, this was WWDouble, and I'm always amused by other languages in anime, this movie is almost entirely in Russian, with the remainder being German. Some other good stuff Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, and Grave of the Fireflies

Last edited by Shadowblade Edge; 11-26-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: I'm selectively literate.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Paprika is definetly on my too watch list @ Shadowblade, and high five for "The Girl who Leapt Through Time"

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

I haven't seen that many anime movies, but I enjoyed Princess Mononoke more than the others I've seen. That'll probably change when I've seen more, though.
TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Well, I just watched "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". Damn awesome.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #9
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

yes indeed, the girl who lept through time was a great movie... though yes, the ending wasnt 100% satisfactory to me...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Mistress Victoria

Mistress Victoria is on a distinguished road

I'll have to check out Girl who Leapt through Time. But I don't really count Miyazaki films in general because they're all time classics. Everyone loves them, so I tend to only discuss the lesser talked about ones.

Interstella 5555 is a favorite movie of mine because of similar reasons Kana stated. I only just recently watched the whole thing on youtube, and I have to say it pulled on my emotion strings during some of the songs and scenes within the film. I really felt for the main group of characters and how evil the antagonist was.

Mistress Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road

To this day I'd have to say that Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite. Sophie and Howl <3. ;_; I also love Spirited Away just as much.
The girl who leapt through time came pretty close. And Cowboy bebop the movie will always been in my top favs.

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I forgot how much I liked Howl's Moving Castle, I should watch it again, it's been awhile.

needed kissu! How come those are so rare to come by in Miyazaki films?

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

hmm miyazaki makes great films, but i cant really count them as the best... there are better films out there... just... i cant remember them off the top of my head...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #14
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

I'm not all that keen on choosing favourite when it comes to movies, but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Metropolis have to definitely be at the top of my list.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #15
Force-A-Nature
Fan

Force-A-Nature is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Only Anime besides Trigun in which I've cried.

Also, favs would be Akira (complete classic), First Squad (badass WWII supernatural battles, in RUSSIA, yes plzkthnx) and last but not least End of Evangelion. Quite the trolling ordeal, buuut, I liked how much it kicked me in the nutsacks.

i play dat tee eff two

Force-A-Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force-A-Nature View Post
First Squad (badass WWII supernatural battles, in RUSSIA, yes plzkthnx)

That's how you saying that makes me feel, it even makes up for you being a little girl and crying at TripleGun, and being a woman for crying at The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
Force-A-Nature
Fan

Force-A-Nature is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge View Post
[IMG]htp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z89/vash50000000/79b68813bbf1e745c307df76e0bff642.jpg[/IMG]
That's how you saying that makes me feel, it even makes up for you being a little girl and crying at TripleGun, and being a woman for crying at The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I am tiny baby man.

i play dat tee eff two

Force-A-Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

Favorite Anime Movie??? Let's try MovieS and what's streaming:

Cowboy BeBop: great collection of misfits, action, intrigue, contemporary themes (terrorism, corruption, alienation, waning social mores, etc). Terrific movie! Didn't fall asleep thru any of it! Good foundation movie for any newbie to anime.

5 Centimeters/second: almost an all-time fav (dangerous proclamation since there will be more great anime produced....someday). Semi-autobiographical: change the scenery only and that's my life as a kid. I like trains so I loved the role rapid transit played re character interconnectiveness, cohesion, loss.

Time of Eve aka Eve no Jikan: artist examines the diminishing boundary between human emotion and AI. Well done, made me both laugh and cry within the scope of 6 eps. Eps 3 and 6 are my favs in this story. Can be viewed on Crunchyroll.

FLCL: gotta love the tumultous times of puberty and agape....it's all there.

KGNE aka Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or Rumbling Hearts: I'm not a fan of this genre and I wish the characters portrayed were 3 years older but from the 2nd ep on I was hooked on the intensity of emotions rippling through all the main characters. Writers did a good job with this series! Very intense, gripping, heart wretching portrayal of PostTraumaticStress disorder and how it affected everyone. A lot of viewers hated this anime but I found it to be quite realistic and relevant re relationships gone awry.

Voices of a Distant Star: biting, eloquent commentary on the futility of war, possibly life in general if you are a goal-driven individual without a moral compass.

Cencoroll: liked some of the music. How many different school interactions can you illustrate in anime stories without becoming repetitive, monotonous, then boring? This show, though not long enough, was a delicious morsel of.. oh no,,, another school plot twist.

The Girl who leapt Thru Time: you guys have said what needed mentioning. A good watch!
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #19
IPaidthePrice

IPaidthePrice is meh

For me it has to be Spirited Away by Hideo Miyasaki, it was one of the first anime movies I saw and it's masterfully and beautifully drawn I just totally love it.

IPaidthePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #20
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Not even I shed a tear when it came to TGWLTT.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote