It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh
.Hack//Conviction

The World. There is something about The World that brings chills to the heart of every player who has ever stepped one virtual foot in this game heaven. It's been ten years since the last calamity. This new version is revolutionary. PKer's have lowered their grasp on the game, thus the need for PKKers is lowering too. It's returning to that once stable environment where there were patrols of guards, anti-hacker legions, and players here to play a game like no other before it. The World is at peace, Aura has returned to her full stature at the high throne set above all else. However, there will always be imperfections in the finest of swords. Though The World may be perfect, under the thick layers that show a perfect realm, the truth arrives. Players who are accused of hacking are being locked away, their characters never to be freed. The high guard has set forth once again - as they once did under the command of Kamui - to rid The World of all hackers, hacked items, and NPC's. But there has always been a league of players set forth to do something no others could do: The Dot Hackers, the Twilight Brigade, the Epitaph Users. So who is it that will save these players? Or are they lost forever, never to return to the bright skies of Mac Anu.

[1] Introduction
[2] Rules
[3] Character Skeleton
[4] Accepted Characters
[5] Locations & Servers

Last edited by LucJenson; 01-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
LucJenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh
Re: .Hack//Conviction

Rules

[1] Keep it semi-literate or better. That means you must have proper grammar and do speak third person, you aren't the character. I'm asking a minimum of five sentences each post if you can do that. Three pushes it but no less than three is tolerable. And lastly; no text talk.

[2] No Godmoding. That is strictly forbidden. This also includes auto-hitting.

[3] PM me all of your profiles titled "I am convicted." (Type "Doctor Octagodapus!" as the first line in the PM to prove you've read the rules.)

[4] I'm going to ask to keep it PG-15. I don't need sex, and since the game is The World which is a virtual reality game of infinite possibilities I'm going to say romance is allowed and somewhat encouraged.

[5] If you're going to swear which I don't mind personally, keep it neat and tidy no need to make it every other word. I will intervene if I notice you are swearing too often or use a term that can be offensive to those who read it.

[6] Use [({< and >})] to show you are speaking OOC (Out Of Character).

[7] Use respective colours or a shade of that colour according to what you are, Hacker, Player, or Guard. Hackers being Red, Players being Blue, and Guard's being Green. If you don't know how to colour-code your text don't fret to ask others. We're all here to help.

[8] All characters start at level 1, combat will rise your level gradually. You cannot pass more than five levels a day; sure it may seem unfair but I find it more realistic. If you want to challenge yourself when you get into a combative situation, roll a dice 1-3 you hit 4-6 you miss. ;)

[9] Lastly and not the least important, follow 91.8 The Fan forum rules.

[1] Introduction
[2] Rules
[3] Character Skeleton
[4] Accepted Characters
[5] Locations & Servers

Last edited by LucJenson; 01-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Character Skeleton

Hackers

Quote:
Character Name:
Job: (Steam Gunner, Adept Rogue, etc. . .)
Second Job: (Adept Rogue Only)
Third Job: (Adept Rogue Only)
Fourth Job: (Adept Rogue Only - Fourth because they can hack)
Appearance:
Level:
Weapons:
Guild:
Mount: (Steam Bike or Grunty)
Players

Quote:
Character Name:
Appearance:
Level:
Weapons:
Guild:
Guards

Quote:
Character Name:
Division: (Crimson Guard, High Guard, etc. . .)
Appearance:
Level:
Weapons:
Guild:

[1] Introduction
[2] Rules
[3] Character Skeleton

[4] Accepted Characters
[5] Locations & Servers

Last edited by LucJenson; 08-17-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Accepted Characters

Hackers

Character Name: Hideki
Job: Edge Punisher
Second Job: N/A
Third Job: N/A
Fourth Job: N/A
Level: 1
Weapons: Broad Demon
Guild: N/A
Mount: N/A

Character Name: Mara (still answers to Mia and Macha)
Job: Blade Brandier
Appearance: A tall, purple, anthropomorphized cat with white patches of fur around her torso and face. In this incarnation, she has long hair grown from her head like a human. She wears armor on her legs and arms and cloth-like armor around her torso.
Level: 50
Weapons: Princess Blade, level 42, Hold and Release, Rarity x5, +8 Wind, -2 Earth,
Special: Wind Attack Critical + 10%
Guild: None
Mount: Dislikes steam bikes and would rather converse with a Grunty than ride one.

Bio: With the belief that everything deserving of a second chance also deserves a third, Aura searched the dark recesses of The World for the few remaining strings of data that once comprised Macha and Mia. These little bits of code and memory were not enough to create a PC, so Aura merged the data with those of a few broken, Vagrant AIs from Net Slum. Aura infused this new PC, dubbed Mara, with her own memories of the events of the past few decades.

Due to her mixed programming, Mara’s speech patterns are broken and she oftentimes speaks in a circular pattern, or in riddles. She can be found talking to herself or other AIs in the game, and claims that Grunties are “sad to look at” even though she leaves Net Slums only to visit the Grunty Farms on the other servers.

Mara’s memories are incomplete and faulty because Aura spent so much time removed from the game - being data drained during the time of the first Twilight and receding into the depths of The World throughout the duration of Project G.U. - Mara knows her role is important, but she doesn’t know what Aura truly has planned for her; if her role is to be like the Azure Knights, or to function as a Phase once again.

Players

Guards

[1] Introduction
[2] Rules
[3] Character Skeleton
[4] Accepted Characters
[5] Locations & Servers

Last edited by LucJenson; 01-27-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Insert Character to The World
Old 08-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Locations & Servers

Δ Delta Server, with Root Town Mac Anu

► Level 1 - 25 Zones.
► Main Server.
► Level 1 @ Home's.
► Home of Chim Chim Quest.

Θ Theta Server, with Root Town Dun Loireag

► Level 26 - 50 Zones.
► Level 2 @ Home's.
► Home of the Steam Bike missions.

Λ Lambda Server, with Root Town Carmina Gadelica

► Level 51 - 75 Zones.
► Level 3 @ Home's.
► Home of the Lucky Animal missions.

Σ Sigma Server, with Root Town Fort Ouph

► Level 76 - 100 Zones.
► Level 4 @ Home's.
► Home of the Mecha Grunty missions.

Ω Omega Server, with Root Town Lia Fail

► Level 101 - 125 Zones.
► Level 5 @ Home's.
► Home of Events.

Φ Phi Server, with Root Town Dol Dona

► Level 126 - 150 Zones.
► Level 6 @ Home's.
► Home of Crimson Vs.

Λ Lambda Server, with Root Town Lumina Cloth

► Level 151 - 175 Zones.
► Level 7 @ Home's.
► Home of the Arena.

Ψ Psi Server, with Root Town Breg Epona

► Level 176 - 200 Zones.
► Level 8 @ Home's.
► Home of the Black List Bounty Hunter missions.

Net Slums

► Level 1 - 100 Zones.
► Level 1 - 4 @ Home's.
► Home of broken NPC's & Corrupt AI.

Net Slums Tartarga

► Level 101 - 200 Zone's.
► Level 5 - 9 @ Home's
► Home of hackers.

[1] Introduction
[2] Rules
[3] Character Skeleton
[4] Accepted Characters
[5] Locations & Servers

Last edited by LucJenson; 08-18-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

~Reserved~
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

-Reserved-
Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Waiting for more characters before opening it.

Last edited by LucJenson; 01-22-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
Minette

Minette is meh

New Players

Character Name: Minette
Job: Twin Blade
Second Job:
Third Job:
Appearance: Petite
Weapons: Twin Blades
Guild: (None)
Mount: Grunty
Minette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

I'd appreciate it if you read the rules. It says in the rules that you have to private message me the character as to prevent filling the actual roleplay with unnecessary posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minette View Post
New Players

Character Name: Minette
Job: Twin Blade
Second Job:
Third Job:
Appearance: Petite
Weapons: Twin Blades
Guild: (None)
Mount: Grunty
Old 01-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Luc sits in his chair, places his headset on and smirks as he presses the log in button. It's his second time logging into The World, he only had about twenty minutes to check it out the night before and because of that he never had a good time to train, or time to train at all.

Loading ...
Processing ...
Entering Net Slums ...

Entering The World certainly was an escape. Hideki looks at his now digital hands before his face.
"This'll take some getting used to, I think. Now then, time to train up so I can be even more powerful!"
He starts to run down the street before a Guild Shop's display catches his attention. He approaches it and looks at all of the items, probably hacked items, but none-the-less, they were very powerful items. He looks up at the shopkeeper then back at the items but notices the price. Although he too was a hacker, he still found some validity in gaining status, levels, and currency the old fashion way and decided to resort to hacking only in dire situations.

[Sorry for the delay, that assignments out of my way now. So ta-da! Let the roleplaying commence! Sorry for a rather. . . short post. Soon as I get back into my roleplaying-mode I'll improve.]

Last edited by LucJenson; 02-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

((OOC: Sorry, dude, but I have trouble reading tiny text. I'm leaving the size as-is.))

Convincing time to pass by was like convincing the goddess herself to bow to CC Corp's rules and regulations. Despite the fact that "The World" was the leisure activity 9 out of 10 Japanese citizens chose to occupy their free time, the entertainment was limited to the coding.

What really drew people into the game were interactions with other players. Online advertisements that floated in the air like Skywriting declared "The World" the "number one social medium!!" complete with gratuitous exclamation marks.

But where was the fun when your own limited coding and memory rendered interaction with humans too difficult? Other NPCs were blessed with ignorance and a small database of phrases. Mara had no such database and more often felt her words were scrambled as soon as they left her lips.

That was fine. She knew from the day she was "born" that she wasn't a social creature. Macha had a purpose that was carried out, followed by other purposes based on her growing principles. Eventually these "principles" were what got her killed. Mia wandered aimlessly until the day she called out to the nervous Wavemaster who followed her from afar. Then, when her data shifted and changed with the tides of "The World," she wandered again until her new purpose was fulfilled.

She died that day, too. She remembered coming back, but more vividly she remembered the pain of dying yet another time as CC Corp tore her data off of her in their misguided attempt to put Aura under their control.

Mara remembered snips of information: a flashback of the marketplace in the new Mac Anu. She remembered selling some sort of weapon before CC Corp deleted all NPC shopkeepers. There also was something about asking for a login name and password, but she couldn't remember the significance of it all. Then there was the useless gossip transfered from one broken NPC to the next in Net Slums. If one thing never changed, it was a Vagrant AI's inability to pass along information in a substantial format.

Perhaps that was why Mara spent so much time in the Net Slums. After all, she was a Vagrant AI, if she really counted as anything other than an anomalie. But her coding and memory may have been created for the sheer purpose of believing that she was different than the other NPCs.

Her own limitations made it hard to think beyond that concept. She couldn't question Aura's decisions and didn't have sufficient data to process the matter further. And so she spent most of her time among her kind in the Net Slums.

Hooded figures shuffled around as Mara knelt down beside a four-legged figure made of stitched cloth and fur with a portal for a face. She scratched its back and felt coarse fur against her fingers. She wondered if this sensation was entirely caused by a string of data comprising numbers.

Nearby, two rings of light appeared and split apart, revealing an Edge Punisher in bright colors. Mara watched out of the corner of her eye with mild interest and her tail flicked, though she did not move otherwise.

As soon as the Edge Punisher was several paces away, Mara leaned down to murmur to the dog-shaped creature: "One senses the return of a countryman to his kingdom."

Last edited by Tempest Wind; 02-01-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
LucJenson

LucJenson is meh

Hideki looked around one last time at the shops before deciding to make a move for the fields. Reaching over his head to the handle of his sword he noticed someone behind him of a higher level who either saw something they wanted in his direction, or was looking for a player to kill. "Great! A Player Killer on my first day. . . "

Returning his hands to his side he looks around acting as though he hadn't seen anything out of the norm, which is rather impossible being surrounded by hacked AI, players, and partially fragmented AI. Walking between two screen-faced dogs he finally reached the the Chaos Gate. Pulling his left arm in front of him, a console appears and he selects his server, Delta, and field; Burning Passed Over Aquafield. Upon finishing his selection he pressed the enter button and as was when he logged in, three blue rings form around him, join as one and he disappeared.

Falling through a blue tunnel of data he closed his eyes thinking to himself,
"This escape, it's required sometimes. But this one in particular is so addicting already. I know I'm going to like this world."
Having quit many games after a few weeks of play, Luc considered himself to be a 'professional' gamer and after finding The World he knew he had to make the next step up in the video gaming world, the next generation of Virtual Reality. So far, he was glad he made the decision regardless of the possible threats surrounding The World.

Loading ...
Processing ...
Entering ∆ Burning Passed Over Aquafield...

Upon entering the new zone Hideki ran down the hill he started on and upon seing a Monster-Gate he approached it, weapon at the ready.
"Alright then, my first battle. Here goes nothing, I s'pose."
Holding his sword steadily in front of him he waits as his first trio of opponents appear, three Goblin Rookie's.
"Alright! You all look pretty weak this won't be a problem at all!" He yells as he charges in, slashing and blocking as they attack, waiting for a good opening before taking the last swing at one of the three knocking it back. Distracted by the graying corpse he is taken off guard by one and it swipes him in the side pushing him back.
"Crap! I forgot about you two so easily! Everything is just so new."
Returning to his feet he holds his sword in front of him, again and this time charges his attack. Upon the second approach of the now two enemies he releases the swords power and swings it down through the earthen layer beneath the three not only knocking them back, but him too. Lifting his head from the ground to look up he notices a blue ethereal haze over his body, warming him to the core. "Hey, I leveled up!" He jumps up from his position and cheers with himself. "That wasn't hard at all, this game's going to be great!"