You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Don't know how many of you have picked this up, but it made me resurrect my PS3 and have been loving it since it arrived from Amazon.

All 6 vocaloids appear in the game as unlockable/playable characters. (Miku being unlocked by default, the rest require gameplay/completions to unlock).

Core of the game is not much different than the Rockband/Guitar Hero era play along games.

Difference being there is no instrument other than your PS3 controller. So that in itself isn't anything revolutionary.

Gameplay is smooth and responsive, however, plasma TV owners should take note about some annoying precision issues. After blowing through the Easy level with few problems. Normal mode suddenly exposed some pretty bad precision/accuracy problems. I tried tweaking the input settings in the game and have had mixed results. It's not a deal breaker, as I've just switched to a LED TV instead, but it's something to keep in mind if you don't have choices like I did.

What REALLY struck me was the animation, music, CG, and video quality. I've never really been into Vocaloid music beyond Luka Megurine (and that was because of VA Yu Asakawa providing her voice). But the music, much of it carried over from Project Diva is amazing and fun to play. I always thought Vocaloid music was fast paced/dance hall type stuff, but was happily surprised to hear many slower songs that were equally enjoyable to play.

Some of the videos were incredible enough for me to look into investing in a capture device or PVR to grab them and add to my PC collection.

Of course that brings up another pretty cool feature that allows you to create and edit your own videos featuring the lovable Vocaloids. You can also upload these creations to share on PSN. Pretty neat. I haven't messed with it much yet, as the PS3 controls are convoluted for someone who is used to creating and editing video on a PC. I'll get back to you on that.

The Diva Room is a pretty cute feature that allows you to interact with your favorite Vocaloids after you've unlocked them. I've only got Miku so far. You can praise your Vocaloid and buy them all sorts of gifts...from bento and drinks to plush toys. It seems like some items are preferable to certain Vocaloids, which gives them each a unique taste. Pretty fun. You can play rock/paper/scissors with them too. All these activites increase the happiness of your Vocaloid and will raise levels upon filling up a meter.

You can customize pretty much anything on the characters (outfits, accessories, etc). You can also outfit their rooms with multitudes of furniture, posters, figures, etc that you unlock and can purchase from the in-game store using the points you accumulate as you complete songs.

Pretty fun change of pace game in my opinion that will probably keep me quite entertained for the next few weeks if not months.

There appears to be downloadable content, which is cool. Hopefully, the plan is to release more songs/videos and character content (accessories, items, etc) via PSN in the coming months.

Will be plenty occupied until then :)

Last edited by MakiMaki; 09-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.
MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

I have the game since I pre order it an I only had a few times to play it and I like it, wish it came out for the vita cause I been moving a lot lately and I carry my vita all the time

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

I have the original on PSP that I imported. I wanted to pick this up eventually, but not there yet.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote