It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
drewid

drewid is meh
Re: Your Video Game Ideas!

I've been working on this idea for about 8 years since I played the first US Fire Emblem on the GBA and I've actually developed a paper/pencil/dice version of the game.

Battlefield Tactics

The gameplay is very similar to the Fire Emblem series. The player is a tactician that commands several individual units on the field. As missions are completed the player gains experience and can level up to learn new perks for their units and possibly bonuses for tactical formations. An example of a tactical formation could be something like when two or more Knights(high defense units) are adjacent to each other the Shield Wall formation would activate giving defense bonuses to the knights.

The game would have several preset story-lines or campaigns for the player to experience. Some would have you control specific units or heroes for the story, your own custom units, or a combination of both. Once a campaign is completed the player could then recruit some of the campaign specific characters to their rosters.

As missions and campaigns are completed the player would earn gold to purchase new recruits and gear for them. Recruiting would work like creating a custom character. You can pick their class, character model, colors, name, etc. More class would become available as the player levels or certain conditions are met.

Units will gain experience in the field as the fight. Like the majority of the FE games the level cap would be 20. When a unit has reach at least level 10 they may use a special item to change their class, or if they reach the equivalent of level 21 they would class change automatically. Upon class changing they have a choice of two or more class paths to take. For example,
Steven the archer has reached level 20, upon gaining 100 more experience he begins a class change. He can choose to become either a Sniper or a Ranger, each class path has different perks and benefits, Snipers have extra crit chance and eventually extra range whereas Rangers ride a horse and move faster than the Sniper. We'll say Steven becomes a Sniper.
Upon reaching a 21st level sniper Steven again class changes, at the moment he can only choose to become a SharpShooter which gives additional range and crit.

The game would have a creation system that allows full player made campaigns to be easily shared and played. The creation tools would be ideally be simple to pick up and use while having more intricate features like triggers and special winning conditions.

that's all I have time to explain at the moment, I have written down a lot of info about this that i need to dig out of my closet.

drewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #22
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

I have an idea for a great Facebook game! There's a picture of a cow, and every six hours you can click on it to receive a point or "click." You can invite up to eight friends to join your "pasture" and every time someone clicked the cow in it, everyone got a "click." Add in a leader board and a way for people to buy an in game currency (let's call it mooney) to use towards more clicking/cows and BAM! Instant success! Of course, every time you clicked your cow your Facebook feed would proclaim "I'm clicking a cow"
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I was thinking of a game called "Highschool Debate Club" which would be kind of like Rock Paper Scissors, and you choose things like "You're stupid" "That's not what my Mom says" "*Suckup to the judges*" "*use big words*" etc etc

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

Dino-Sand Franchise

Dino-Sand is a video game set on the planet Avesauria which is a planet in Computus Lore which is the lore of the Computus Galaxy which is the galaxy that my main story DWA is set in. Dino-Sand has very little to do with DWA's story, because it is on it's own timeline, and mostly deals with myths. In fact DWA at several times cites the myths told in the Dino-Sand franchise.

Dino-Sand isn't just a mere myth, but it take a player who is a human born as a slave in the Dinozuron (evolved dinosaur people). Humans are not usually slaves, but in the land of Tyran humans are considered second class citizens, and given almost no rights. You play the character of "Insert Hero Name Here" who is never named. The game has a morality system similar to that of the 1st Fable game, but functions similarly to Knights of the Old Republic. The game plays similar to that of LoZ: OoT, MM, and Nier. There are RPG elements, but the game is mostly an action-adventurur with some puzzles. Weapons which are medieval in nature level up in a similar fashion as weapons do in Ratchet in Clank series, however you do not have to buy the upgrade the weapon will naturally do it after so many kills.

You will fight many enemies, mostly dinozuron grunts, wild dinosaurs, and encounter both friends, and enemies. You will have a main story which will be relatively unchanged by your character's morality paths, but the way you get to this final conflict will change, and how you access certain paths will be changed by your morality.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

A Girls' Generation video game! It could be a strategy RPG with dance segments!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #26
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayarath View Post
A Girls' Generation video game! It could be a strategy RPG with dance segments!

It's an iPhone game called Girls' Generation "Shake".

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #27
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

I would like to see a multitude of MMO's from various series...HP, Bleach, Avatar, Pokemon...I think they are all far to commercialized though to actually ever be decent games though.

For anyone who has read Stephen King's Dark Tower series, I think those would make a beautiful gaming environment to explore...the novels really set up a sense of expansiveness that reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus or something...and I think visual art is something that could be beautifully portrayed from that series.

I also want Diablo meets Steam Punk. Yeah, I just said that.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote