You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh
Tempest's Downpour -- Why Women Want Yaoi

Here we go, folks. Possibly my most infamous article. Did I properly explain the phenomenon? Did I cover all possibilities? Let me know. But first, click here.

Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Tempest's Downpour -- Why Women Want Yaoi

I believe Women are just the same as men (They can be corrupt dictators if we let them), you know we can enjoy Yuri because "it creates an image of what we secretly wanna do, the art is good and it's cute" but everyone know's we're lying.
Guys wanna see girls get aggressive, Girls wanna see guys get aggressive, nuff said.

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
I believe Women are just the same as men (They can be corrupt dictators if we let them), you know we can enjoy Yuri because "it creates an image of what we secretly wanna do, the art is good and it's cute" but everyone know's we're lying.
Guys wanna see girls get aggressive, Girls wanna see guys get aggressive, nuff said.
The problem with that is that so many yaoi guys are pansies! It irks me to no end to see a guy character get all whiny and submissive. It's like, dude. C'mon. Stand up for yourself. Fight a bit!

That's why I was so compelled by FAKE. In it, Dee is all "I like you -- I'm gonna kiss you" and Ryo is all "over my dead FREAKING body."

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Wind View Post
The problem with that is that so many yaoi guys are pansies! It irks me to no end to see a guy character get all whiny and submissive. It's like, dude. C'mon. Stand up for yourself. Fight a bit!

That's why I was so compelled by FAKE. In it, Dee is all "I like you -- I'm gonna kiss you" and Ryo is all "over my dead FREAKING body."
There was a series... I'm trying to remember the name...
Where these two guys with multiple personalities have the problem with their alter ego where in a relationship, I know one of the character is a little head strong but his other personality is extremely feminine and the other is just a clueless idiot but his other personality is strong cocky and dominant....
UGH! i can't remember the name for the life of me, I watched it last month...

I thought it was really good despite that NOTHING was explained until the last 3-ish episode

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 02-11-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT ONE. o_____o the one with the dude with the pink hair and the guy with the blue hair? I HAAAAAAAATED that show.

Sukisyo, right?

Last edited by Tempest Wind; 02-11-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Thats the name! I liked that Anime, why did you hate it? Given the pink haired guy was kinda whiny

Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

XD For every reason imaginable. I hated the characters, I hated that there was zero to no characterization, I hated that there were no women in the show, I hated that the entire FREAKING school was gay -- because that tooooootally happens in the real world, right folks? I mean, sure, FAKE made the New York City Police Department a little gayer than usual, but there were perfectly straight characters and women all throughout it.

Sukisyo's entire drama and relationship seemed forced, like they were throwing concepts at the viewer and the viewer was meant to sit tight and enjoy the spectacle. It had nothing deeper in it than "LOOK. HOT MEN MAKING OUT."

The only thing I did enjoy about the show was the nurse, because I thought he was a woman for the longest time. XD Akira Ishida is an incredibly talented voice actor. Just sayin'. Also pink-haired guy was voiced by Goku from Saiyuki, so that squicked me a bit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I can't stand a show where the only important aspect of it is the romance. I need action! Adventure! Fighting! Ghosts! The romance, for me, needs to be a sidenote. An enjoyable sidenote, at that, with impact and characterization.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh

O.O I have never been one for Yaoi and although the appeal can catch the corner of my eye, its a little bit on the... ¬.¬ /cough
Meh I cant really say for other girls, but after watching Ouran the appeal to Yaoi is more intense after the twins, hence why wont allow the lil'in that I babysit to watch my DVD set of ouran lol

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

I hear ya, Jessileo. My roommate got me into Ouran and at first the twins horrified me. Somewhere along the line, my brain kinda fell out of my ears and I became a fan. XD They're ridiculous -- like Fred and George if the two had discovered that women like yaoi. Though Honey-senpai is my favorite character, hands down.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh

I stick to Tamaki, His Voice actor did such a brilliant job for the english ^.^

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Wind View Post
XD For every reason imaginable. I hated the characters, I hated that there was zero to no characterization, I hated that there were no women in the show, I hated that the entire FREAKING school was gay -- because that tooooootally happens in the real world, right folks? I mean, sure, FAKE made the New York City Police Department a little gayer than usual, but there were perfectly straight characters and women all throughout it.

Sukisyo's entire drama and relationship seemed forced, like they were throwing concepts at the viewer and the viewer was meant to sit tight and enjoy the spectacle. It had nothing deeper in it than "LOOK. HOT MEN MAKING OUT."

The only thing I did enjoy about the show was the nurse, because I thought he was a woman for the longest time. XD Akira Ishida is an incredibly talented voice actor. Just sayin'. Also pink-haired guy was voiced by Goku from Saiyuki, so that squicked me a bit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I can't stand a show where the only important aspect of it is the romance. I need action! Adventure! Fighting! Ghosts! The romance, for me, needs to be a sidenote. An enjoyable sidenote, at that, with impact and characterization.
I know, i watched the OVA and I was like "OMG a woman" then... the Spa Owner's true form revealed itself o_o;;;

Did you ever watch Princess Princess? It was Yaoi per say but is was close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessileo127 View Post
I stick to Tamaki, His Voice actor did such a brilliant job for the english ^.^
Vic Mignogna, he's extremely well known

Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

Well Tempest, It takes a great deal of courage to stare into the Yuri and survive!

Hopefully, you didn't get any mental scars from researching the subject...
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote