You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh
R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

Yesterday morning Leonard Nimoy, popularly know as Mr. Spock in the SiFi series Star Trek, passed away at 83 due to heart failure. As a writer, director and actor he was a big icon in both the serious cinematic and nerd community. His roles left an impact of humor, curiosity and entertainment. Nimoy suffered from his constant years of smoking and ran campaigns later in his life to help those who do smoke, quit, so they wouldn't suffer like he has.

As a in-training entertainer and fan myself, this is a sad loss. My late Uncle and Father showed me the original Star Trek as child and I remember growing up with the character which actually made me question what it is to be human at a young age. As Captain Kirk said in The Wrath Of Khan, "Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human." To those of the U.S.S Enterprise who have past, rest in peace. And to those still alive and to everyone else in the world, as Mr. Spock would say, Live Long And Prosper.

Now I would like to know your favorite Mr. Spock scene or favorite role of Leonard Nimoy. Mine is the ending scene to The Wrath of Khan. It was a scene that literally had me at the edge of my seat and made me cry for a character for the first time.

Bobby Henshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

It really sucks considering how much of an icon he was in the sci-fi community, and how he was able to go from trying to escape Star Trek (he wanted Spock's death in #2 because he wanted to stop) to embracing the community and loving every minute of it.

It sucks seeing him go.

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:13 AM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I'm more sad about Kingdom Hearts work than his work in Star Trek. RIP.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

OMG, it just occurred to me that he won't be able to continue as Master Xehanort D:

Old 03-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

Question is who is going to replace him?

Bobby Henshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

His final tweet was pretty amazing:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

I didn't start watching Star Trek until my dad brought home Wrath of Khan on VHS (yes, yes, before you remind me...I'm old!) I still tear up whenever I watch the final scenes.

Also, there is no replacement! LOL

Zachary Quinto does a good job though in the parallel universe that Abrams created for the latest ST movies.

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiMaki View Post
His final tweet was pretty amazing:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

I didn't start watching Star Trek until my dad brought home Wrath of Khan on VHS (yes, yes, before you remind me...I'm old!) I still tear up whenever I watch the final scenes.

Also, there is no replacement! LOL

Zachary Quinto does a good job though in the parallel universe that Abrams created for the latest ST movies.
That was great, my girlfriend had many feels when she read it :(