You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Tron: Legacy

Alright...Who is excited for it? Discuss, yo!

For one, graphics look awesome...
If I am not mistaken, this one is actually a precursor to the original Tron storyline...although I am unsure about that...
And best of all...Daft Punk is composing the entire soundtrack.

Sounds like win to me!

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tron: Legacy

Not a big movie person outside of animated features and spaghetti westerns, but wasn't the original Tron considered one of the worst movies ever?

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Jubilee

Très Bien!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was...but looking on the list of films considered to be the worst of all time it isn't listed...Howard the Duck is though

It is one of those movies that collects a gathering...even though the original movie itself doesn't look so awesome today...(I always thought of it kind of like Star Wars...but not as big)

Maybe it is just me...but I always thought it was epic...I have always liked the concept of going into your computer's inner world

Old 11-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
soundbreaker
Ask An Australian

soundbreaker is on a distinguished road

You probably already know by now, but in case you don't, it's not a Precursor Movie (the new trailers should have given you a hint about that, what with an old Lloyd Bridges, and a young man calling him "Dad" and all, lol). It's a proper sequel, set almost 30 years after the first. I am so excited to see this film! It looks epic! The graphics have been upgraded, the music has been upgraded, the chicks look hot in tight leather; ACTION! DAFT PUNK! LLOYD BRIDGES!

soundbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbreaker View Post
You probably already know by now, but in case you don't, it's not a Precursor Movie (the new trailers should have given you a hint about that, what with an old Lloyd Bridges, and a young man calling him "Dad" and all, lol). It's a proper sequel, set almost 30 years after the first. I am so excited to see this film! It looks epic! The graphics have been upgraded, the music has been upgraded, the chicks look hot in tight leather; ACTION! DAFT PUNK! LLOYD BRIDGES!
Ah Okay! I couldn't remember if it was the game or the movie that was going to be the precursor...
But yes, it looks epic beyond epic

Last edited by Jubilee; 11-08-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

I didn't like the first movie. Heck, I didn't like going through the Tron part in Kingdom Hearts II. I remember sitting in my shop class one day, got stuck watching this movie and all I did was draw the whole time. It was awful. Also had to write about something from the movie. Never again...

Anyway, this movie doesn't really interest me. When I first heard word about this, I was like, "really? A sequel?" If I do watch it (would be only when my step-dad and mom watch it), I'll give it a shot again. Until then, yeah..

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Rhetorical Gamer
Fan

Rhetorical Gamer is meh

Ok so this a sequel and I know very little of this movie but it looks like something i would like what its about? Also am I going to have to see the first movie from the 80s to get it or is it going the be like the second hulk movie and ignore the first film?

Rhetorical Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
JinnRemona
Fan

JinnRemona will become famous soon enough

I'm am pulling my hair out in anticipation for this movie. Unfortunately with alot of movies that I thought were going to be really good based off what I saw in the trailers, I ended up being really disappointed in the movie. If they ruin this movie for me, there will be hell to pay.
Side effects of reading the above post may include nausea, headaches, itchiness, impotence, temporary blindness, weakness in knees, mild pregnancy, and a loss of faith in humanity. If death occurs, consult a mortician.

JinnRemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

Well movie came out now so we can talk about it now right?

It was visually stunning. The battle grid had some great action sequences, though its followed by a lot of exposition, then a fight scene in a club, some more exposition, finishing in a breathtaking finale. So, pacing is a little off but its a pretty good movie.

And the part when you realize what happened to Tron is pretty "oh sh!t".
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Saw it in IMAX 3D and thought it was unnecessary, but hey... free movie tickets. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Soundtrack was stuck in my head for days, the imagery was just amazing, and I adored the plot for its cliche excitement. I went just to see it, and I think because of that I enjoyed it. I assume with a lot of hype it wouldn't live up to expectations, but honestly I really did have fun with the film. I can't wait for the DVD release to come out so I can see it in 2D.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote