Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Gaining/Losing Weight!

We're all anime fans here. That means the majority of us are probably out of shape, statistically...

I've been losing weight since before Christmas, so I figure I should share what's been working with me, and other people can share what's been working with them for gain/loss.

It started for me with not eating anything bad over the holidays. I just made a conscious effort to not eat any christmas baking or junk over the holidays. I cheated a couple times after Christmas to try one of everything, but for me I find cheating at that point was ok because cheating once or twice is better then not trying at all.

During the hols I found the reddit community /loseit/ and one of the things they were talking about was a website called myfitnesspal. The next day I went to a diabetic dietician(I'm high risk) he mentioned the same site, so I joined it and it has been the biggest tool for me to lose weight. Anyone who needs to lose weight should be using this site. www.myfitnesspal.com

The thing about myfitnesspal is it just makes tracking your calories really easy. You type in what you eat and how much and it tells you how many calories you've eaten, and based on what you set it to do, how many calories you should be eating a day.

I haven't changed much of what I was eating besides getting rid of a lot of junk, and even then, on some days I have junk and as long as I limit myself with other stuff during the day, or even over the week it makes up for it.

I'm making sure to get a lot of protein to try and ensure the loss is fat and not muscle, and I don't feel any weaker so I'd say it works.

So far I'm down about 42 pounds, but I got a long ways to go yet.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote