You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Anime diverges from Manga

i hate how Animes nowadays are catching up to mangas therefore theres nothing but near endless fillers...
FMA Brotherhood is catching up to it's manga, I would much rather they just end Brotherhood at a specific point and pick it up next season, like Gundam 00 did with S2

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
Sheep

Sheep is meh

Well for me it depends on the series if they stick to the manga or not.

Like take the re-make of Negima! (the one with the ? at the end)

That didn't follow the manga at all, in fact they had to make a spin off manga for it. I thought it was one of the best copy's of the Negima series in anime form. Then again that series gave more screen time to the small characters in the class, and still used the same designs and characters from the manga. (even if some hair and eye colors where changed)

Or take Umineko if you want a more rage induced answer

They tried to keep all the important scenes in that, that kind of failed when they gave almost all of the 4th arc's screen time to pointless scenes that could have been done in 10's mins tops not the full episode. Plus they kind of ruined how some of the characters act because they cut all the scenes with development for them.

Still some copy's of a anime turn out better then the manga or light novel it's pasted off of. I for one loved the Spice and Wolf anime, and when I read the novel I kind of thought it worked better as a anime.

Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #23
Stone
Fan

Stone is meh

Actually I like when the anime diverges from the manga, as it gives often a different point of view n the manga, like what Negima!? did, I really liked how they finally gave some of my most favorite girls in the class more screen time and gave them a personality, even used in the manga now.

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #24
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Actually I like when the anime diverges from the manga, as it gives often a different point of view n the manga, like what Negima!? did, I really liked how they finally gave some of my most favorite girls in the class more screen time and gave them a personality, even used in the manga now.
I sorta decided to use that in a possible Manga/anime I wanted to do, like I wasn't gonna think much into it in the manga but if it ever turned into an anime I would have it do more character background

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
However, this was a pristine failure. It left out too much and came to a grinding halt way too fast.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #26
Sheep

Sheep is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
However, this was a pristine failure. It left out too much and came to a grinding halt way too fast.
Don't bring up that failure of a anime for Negima!. They ruined the Kyoto arc, one of the best arcs in the series got two episodes to tell the whole arc :mad:

Now the OVDs are god tier Shaft has out done them selfs for how well they can stick to the manga. To bad the Summer training arc and the Magical world arc are getting about 5 hours of anime time. The movie is going to be godly though

At least all the copy's of the anime are better then the god awful live action series.

Last edited by Sheep; 01-24-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #27
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Live Action series? Japanese Harry Potter?

That's what I thought.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #28
Sheep

Sheep is meh

It's nothing close to that. I think only the first episode or two got subbed before any sub group working on it just quit it was that bad.

I mean they screwed up pretty bad with the live action series. It's like they took the first anime, made it live action, didn't even bothered with the hair, or anything thing else and just butchered the plot and made it all low budget.