It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh
AM² Announces Behind the Voice Actors Studio Presented by Major Voice Talent Manageme

off the AM2 Website, this will be something pretty cool for fans of the JB Blanc, Neil Kaplan, and Steve Staley...but I have read on the AM2 forum they may announce more.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 8, 2011) – Move over James Lipton! Popular anime convention personality, Guyver, sits down with major Hollywood Voice Acting Heavy weights, JB Blanc (The Incredible Hulk, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, Avengers, Resident Evil, Naruto, Bleach, Blue Dragon, Hellsing Ultimate, Read or Die, Dangaizer 3), Dave Vincent (Bleach, Naruto, Blue Dragon, Durarara!!), Neil Kaplan (Transformers, Digimon) and Steve Staley (Starship Troopers, Godzilla, Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Antz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), for the one-on-one interview series, “Behind the Voice Actor’s Studio” at this summer’s most anticipated FREE anime, music and manga convention AM². More info and attendee registration can be found at www.am2con.org

Fans and those interested in getting into the voice acting industry are welcome to attend for FREE and learn about what happens behind the scenes and the experiences of some of the most successful voice actors in Hollywood.

AM² representative Chase Wang states, “Having such amazing Hollywood and anime voice talents come to AM² is truly a treat and an amazing opportunity for those that are interested in learning more about the industry as well as those that are fans of some of the most memorable animated voices! Join us and have the time of your life this Summer!”

Gashicon, IBI and MINT have been announced as official AM2 Guests of Honors for 2011 with more to come.

AM² current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV’s, Arcade, Summer Festival, World Cosplay Summit, Rum Party Pirates, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, AniMaid Café, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!

Partnerships include Ani.ME.

Prize sponsors include Atlas Games, Cosplay Wigs USA, FUNimation and Gaia Online.

Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/am2con

Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/am2con

Also, 25% of all official Passport sales will be donated directly to Japanese Disaster Relief efforts.
Jrockergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: AM² Announces Behind the Voice Actors Studio Presented by Major Voice Talent Mana

I won't lie, these are good guests because you don't see them at conventions commonly; however, why is this convention deciding to host the same days as AnimeExpo in practically the same area? I'm not trying to bash anyone here or anything, but it seems practically suicidal when you know most of the press will be at AX.

I'm all for more conventions, but it seems sorta odd they'd pick those specific dates. I don't really understand it unless they're purposely trying to compete with AnimeExpo.

I actually looked up how far these conventions are. They're thirty to forty minutes away in distance... sounds like convention drama, heh.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 04-12-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh
Re: AM² Announces Behind the Voice Actors Studio Presented by Major Voice Talent Mana

listened to a podcast that featured the head of AM2 Chase Wang, and that question was asked. Chase Wang replied it was the only available date this year for the con, but who knows.

Even if its convention drama to me the con that offers more wins, right now AX only has 2 GoH's nothign special, AM2 has quite a few from Japan.
Jrockergirl is offline   Reply With Quote