You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #21
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

They all sucked after V. I couldn't be less interested.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #22
zanctium

zanctium is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 View Post
^_^ I know a lot of people who enjoyed IX, including myself (except for the end, WTF was that about?). Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of VIII, and it remains the only FF (out of the one's I've played) that I haven't finished.
I have found FFVIII to be one of the best FF games ever. It had the most unique story ever. It had a system that actually made you excited to collect things. (GF's, magic, weapon upgrades all played a major part in stats and over powering) It had a great story that involved a lot of unique people. And the secrets you can find are amazing and rewarding. The music is amazing and is probably the best in series. And for the day the look was simply awe striking. And to a lesser extent the card game is totally awesome and actually serves a purpose when you get Card Mod.

I hope you reconsider it.
zanctium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

My fav FF is 10. Idk something makes me feel like 13 is gonna suck. Just a hunch.

G U R U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U R U View Post
My fav FF is 10. Idk something makes me feel like 13 is gonna suck. Just a hunch.
Trailers full of drama?

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #25
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Trailers full of drama?
Drama! What a foreign concept to Final Fantasy, just like linearity. They need to stop ♫♫♫♫ing up the formula.

Last edited by Shadowblade Edge; 01-16-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #26
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U R U View Post
Why? It's along the same lines at X.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #27
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Yah that's true but that also might be part of the problem. FFX isn't just my fav FF it's one of my fav games of all time so it's kinda hard for me to get my hopes up when I have such high expectations.

But I hope Square proves me wrong.

G U R U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanctium View Post
I have found FFVIII to be one of the best FF games ever. It had the most unique story ever. It had a system that actually made you excited to collect things. (GF's, magic, weapon upgrades all played a major part in stats and over powering) It had a great story that involved a lot of unique people. And the secrets you can find are amazing and rewarding. The music is amazing and is probably the best in series. And for the day the look was simply awe striking. And to a lesser extent the card game is totally awesome and actually serves a purpose when you get Card Mod.

I hope you reconsider it.
i wasn't putting it down or anything, i just haven't gotten around to finishing it. i'll consider picking it up again since you're opinion is so encouraging. ^_^ actually, i didn't stop playing it because i didn't like it, rather i got stuck in some place where i had no idea what to do. XP

PSN: mark_as_RED

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #29
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

The song... that "My Hands" song is driving me crazy. The melodramatics is just a huge annoyance.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

Ive played just about all the number FFs and enjoyed them all (some more than others)
My favorite Final Fantasys are FFVI, VII, and Tactics - Yeah FF Tactics had a great story.
the other ones if i were to rank them would be as follows, they are japanese release btw.

FFVIII
FFIV
FFV
FFIII
FF
FFII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII

i didnt really like the "Draw" system in FF8 but other than that it was a great game with many fun sidequests and a great card game.

victorious0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #31
dbull620
Demon Slayer

dbull620 is meh

I've played most of the Final Fantasy games. The only one I haven't played is XI (I don't do pay-to-play), and the only one I never finished was XII (got sick of the gambit system essentially playing the game for me, and the fact that the BGM didn't change when you encountered enemies on the field map didn't help either).

I'm optimistic about this one, in general the first FF game in each console generation is my favorite (can't make up my mind about the PS1 FF games, all 3 had their own merits that made them great).

dbull620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #32
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

oh man... ive been hearing a large amount of complaints about the game... and the fact that its being sold new in japan for the price of a old used PS3 game is a serious indication as to how good it is... FF7 was the last FF game i know that could be considered "great" in my opinion. as far as i know for FF games... id rank them high to low of ones ive played

FFVII
FFVI
FFIV
FFX
FFIX
FFXII
FFVIII

but then there are some square games that should also be considered as amazing RPGs too... i remember the heyday of Square games... back in the day of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars...

but anyways, im not going to just toss FFXIII aside just because of how the Japanese took the game... im going to at least try it out and see for myself how well it can hold itself to the old classics.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #33
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
but anyways, im not going to just toss FFXIII aside just because of how the Japanese took the game... im going to at least try it out and see for myself how well it can hold itself to the old classics.
What's 'holding up to the old classics' got to do anything? I wasn't aware we were afraid of change still.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #34
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
What's 'holding up to the old classics' got to do anything? I wasn't aware we were afraid of change still.
I'm preeetty sure he meant 'how good it is in comparison with the games we (pretty much) agree are good', not 'I hope this is exactly like the originals'.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #35
Oni
Banhammer'd

Well, I just don't where all the prejudice is coming from though. We don't even have the game yet, just trailers.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #36
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Well, I just don't where all the prejudice is coming from though. We don't even have the game yet, just trailers.
I'm pretty sure it's due to how the Japanese market pretty much trashed it. While Japanese reviewers such as the magazine Famitsu gave it great scores, many people spoke up saying it was terrible. People are naturally taking any negative they hear over the good. It doesn't help that several news outlets in the states have already agreed that with the fact that the game isn't very good, then again most RPGs in terms of reviews don't do that great over here.

So it's a matter of perceptive and influence. It's naturally going to happen.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #37
Oni
Banhammer'd

-Googles-

Ah, I see it now. It's basically FFX, but with less stuff, yet more walking...like FFX.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #38
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Despite the Japanese market, I've taken note that in America the Xbox is King and PS3 is the Jester while in Japan it's the complete opposite.
I honestly think FF13 will do well here, and I don't expect a dramatic price drop for the game until a year or so from now.
All I know is...
It won't be all Sugar and Rainbows after this
-shot-

points to anyone who gets that

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road

I've been hearing everyone hated it just because of it's linearity. I think that's a bit of an overstatement. DMC, Bayonetta, just to name are few are all linear as well yet no one criticizes them for it. It could be a really good game... Not as nice as it COULD have been mind you, but nice nevertheless. I myself was looking forward to versus more than anything.

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #40
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llian View Post
I've been hearing everyone hated it just because of it's linearity. I think that's a bit of an overstatement. DMC, Bayonetta, just to name are few are all linear as well yet no one criticizes them for it. It could be a really good game... Not as nice as it COULD have been mind you, but nice nevertheless. I myself was looking forward to versus more than anything.
Well, both DMC and Bayonetta are also action games though.