Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
White Knight Chronicles

Another Playstation 3 exclusive hitting the console on February 24th! All I can think about when I hear this game's title is I was waiting for this last year and the year before... I'm just finally so relieved they're going to put the game out for the US audience.

I give Level-5 a lot of props for not only making---at least in my opinion---a breath-taking game, but also taking the care to add features that weren't originally in the Japanese version. You might know Level-5 for their Dark Cloud series as well as producing those fun Professor Layton games on DS. The studio has a really nice style, and always takes good care in their games. So, I naturally have high hopes for White Knight Chronicles.

I've also just found out a 91.8 The Fan favorite voice actress will be playing the princess featured in many of the story's cutscenes. Many of you know Kari Wahlgren from previous interviews, but she will be lending her talents as Princess Cisna.

What I also like is it feels like a true RPG, there seems to be a lot of customization and there wasn't any slacking on the fun bits.

The characters seem like they have personality, and they're not made more "hardcore" for Western audiences.

There's also a customization feature, which allows a character you create to go online and do various missions with others. If you're subscribed to Qore on the PSN, they had an exclusive video preview up for their December issue.

Anyway, I'm increasingly looking forward to it.

Last edited by Kibs; 01-09-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: White Knight Chronicles

Could this be the PS3's Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean?

Now that was an excellent RPG. Obviously they don't have the same gameplay, duh.

I'm kinda interested in this now.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Trailers =/= game.

The gameplay looks a lot like an MMORPG, right down to your moves having a recharge time. I don't like to be the guy that's always so skeptical about games that come out, but when all I see of the gameplay/battle system is something greatly similar to something I absolutely hate (see Heavy Rain, Quick-Time Events) I can't exactly rush into the game with great confidence, and one really cool thing about a game (IE the character customization) can't simply redeem it for being what it is as its basics: a glorified MMORPG without the MMO (See: Oblivion).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way I can say that the graphics look pretty and the story seems par enough for the course.

Though I'm starting to see a trend with a lot of the newer games (that aren't Uncharted 2 or Brütal Legend) in the way of "pretty graphics and useless features, that are kind of cool, hobbled around an empty shell of a game (see FF13)". (see: Nintendo Wii*, Nintendo DS*, Xbox and PS3's version of the Wii controller)

*AKA Nintendo Gimmick Machines

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Kercon

Kercon is meh

Don't have PS3 (T_T) but I know about this game from gametrailers and other services. Game looks fine but I'm not sure what to think so about gameplay mechanics and command ways but characters looks fine (almost classic group ) It could be good tale for sure and it will give quite amount of fun.
when I buy the PS3 ( hope that is not that far in future ) I will buy it for sure but it will be in middle of list

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote