It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #61
Tewy

Tewy is meh
Re: Sub Vs Dub which do you like

i love sub just cause its the original one and when i was bored and decided to compare a episode from Naruto I couldn't stop laughing at the dub version because i would notice that when a character was to talk their mouth movements weren't in sync with the audio vocals also in my opinion the person behind the voice in dub sounds very odd. But, if i can't find a certain anime in sub then I wouldn't mind watching it in dub.
Tewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #62
AudriSampson

AudriSampson is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
But they haven't "Americanized" an anime for around...7 to 8 years?
Actually no.. Just recently Funimation did a huge re-write on Sgt Frog.. It even has a Heath Ledger reference now...

AudriSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #63
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Yes, but people liked that however.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #64
Stone
Fan

Stone is meh

I like both the same, as it is nice when you don´t have to look down the whole time to read the subs for dubs, but with dubs, many jokes get lost and not always there are awesome voice actors for it, though I have to say that they always do their best.

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #65
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

It all depends, if the series finish and if its already been dub i watch it but if there no dub ver then i watch the sub,( Imo I think the sub is way better)

ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #66
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Sub by a mile. The amount of Dubs I like can be counted on one hand compared to the hundreds of subs I like.

G U R U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 AM   #67
That-Pig-Has-A-Bow

That-Pig-Has-A-Bow is meh

I like both, but I have a preference towards one or the other with some anime...depends on which I watch it in first (subbed or dubbed ) as to which way I like it better. If that makes any sense @_@

That-Pig-Has-A-Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #68
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Pig-Has-A-Bow View Post
I like both, but I have a preference towards one or the other with some anime...depends on which I watch it in first (subbed or dubbed ) as to which way I like it better. If that makes any sense @_@
Thats exactly how I feel. Must be an Australian thing?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #69
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
Thats exactly how I feel. Must be an Australian thing?
I'd disagree with that, as I'll watch it in whatever language may be available. Although when I start something in a certain language, I'd like to finish it in that language.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #70
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
Actually no.. Just recently Funimation did a huge re-write on Sgt Frog.. It even has a Heath Ledger reference now...
Right, I think that will work fine because some references that make sense over there, don't always translate right over here so adding in these known references help it out some but not ruining the whole experience.

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #71
That-Pig-Has-A-Bow

That-Pig-Has-A-Bow is meh

Quote:
I'd disagree with that, as I'll watch it in whatever language may be available. Although when I start something in a certain language, I'd like to finish it in that language.
I agree with watching an anime in one language for the entire season/series etc. But there are times where I like to listen to it in another language (namely english) just to see how much better or worse the voices are.

Can't say I've deviated away from listening to anything other than English or Japanese though :P

That-Pig-Has-A-Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #72
Oni
Banhammer'd

If I watch the anime in a language other than the one I originally started with, it's usually because I bought the DVDs. If I buy the DVDs of a series I have already seen, I'll always watch it in the language opposite to what I originally listened to.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #73
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

For the most part i would say subs are better, DBZ is perty bad in subs id say but then again i saw most of that series in spanish... I personally pay moar attention to subs than dubs because having to read the subs means i cant really multi task and do or think about other things which i usually do with dubs. I even put subs on dubs at times even in video games. If i really like a series i would watch it twice once in each.

if you cant read and pay attention to wats happening in the screen then you fail at life and should strictly watch dubs.

I know way more japanese VAs than english because i like them better and they have great songs in anime which many are done by the japanese VA. I have seen plenty of anime in subs and dubs so i am perty comfortable saying subs are better for the hardcore fans.

victorious0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #74
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorious0702 View Post
if you cant read and pay attention to wats happening in the screen then you fail at life and should strictly watch dubs.
That line there is strikingly ignorant to the fact that some people like dubs by choice.

Quote:
I have seen plenty of anime in subs and dubs so i am perty comfortable saying subs are better for the hardcore fans.
So is this.

Last edited by Oni; 01-21-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #75
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

the first line u quoted i have no idea why u called ignorant. i never said dubs were bad, it just means if you honestly cant read something on the screen and pay attention to wats happening in the background then ur a bit slow so id recommend watching dubs if it gets in the way of understanding the anime.

overall hardcore fans would enjoy subs over dubs. i said hardcore because if the concept of japan is too strange or new to you then you might enjoy dubs better. make an experiment and have 100 people who have watched over 100 animes watch a random anime they havent seen in both japanese and english im pretty sure at least 60% of them would say they prefer japanese with subs on average if this test was done many times. It does not seem like ur new to anime so im pretty sure u should know this oni. even though you are an exception to this.

Last edited by victorious0702; 01-21-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #76
Oni
Banhammer'd

I called the first line ignorant because some people choose not to read and watch what's happening at the same time, it's not because they're slow.

Actually, that second paragraph is really...wow, I wasn't aware we had people on the site who were this close minded. That paragraph would have been correct, 15 years ago. "Hardcore" is merely being into something a lot, liking it to an extend more than others, it doesn't designate how you prefer to experience whatever you're in to.

Quote:
i said hardcore because if the concept of japan is too strange or new to you then you might enjoy dubs better.
This implies that most anime that have been dubbed by the Americans have been Americanised. Ignorance.

Quote:
make an experiment and have 100 people who have watched over 100 animes watch a random anime they havent seen in both japanese and english im pretty sure at least 60% of them would say they prefer japanese with subs.
That depends entirely on the anime in question.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #77
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

once again i did not say anything about preference on the first quote i just stated a fact, if you like dubs better i did not say ur slow, if you thought i did then im saying it now that i didnt. I dont even consider watching 100 animes as being hardcore but i used that to point the example (did not know what else to use for that example to work) since hardcore is not a concrete term it was slightly better than saying anyone.

Most anime dubbed by americans has been americanised. The fact that its english alone is enough even if dialogue is exactly the same. Thats why i said might because it does depend on the viewer.

I also edited my test result around the same time you quoted me to say "on average if this test was done many times" so i apologize for my mistake there.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #78
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That depends entirely on the anime in question.
How about Bebop, Trigun, Kenshin, Baccano, and Death Note?

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #79
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

The english is better in bebop, trigun is around the same, english better in kenshin and japanese better in baccano and desu note. My opinion only though.

Last edited by victorious0702; 01-21-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #80
.wneivf

.wneivf is meh

it really depends on the anime , I used to be a big sub person but I have grown to like some of the dubs. The main factor is if the dub is awful really and they are not faithful to the anime in question as mentioned above the Cowboy bepop dub was good , Hellsing was another really good one in my opinion.

.wneivf is offline   Reply With Quote