It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh
A New Arrival

Been listening to this station at work when I get tired of what's on my mp3 player. So far I've been introduced to quite a few good pieces and I've been hearing some old favorites.

Some things I'd like to point out:

You guys do have supercell on your playlist, but you're missing content from what I consider to be their best album.

Today is a Beautiful Day

Also, there's two groups I'd like to see added to your list of music.

Barbarian on the Groove
Or for that matter any of the music released by AkaBeiSoft2.

Wave
Probably one of the most epic classical composers I've heard. They've been putting out original pieces recently in addition to the remixes they started on.

Vocalists I follow:
Akiko Shikata
Noriko Mitose
Haruka Shimotsuki
Rekka Katakiri
Yuri Nazuka (Lily)
Kokia

Okay, all that out of the way. If you haven't guessed yet by that vocalist list, I'm a big Ar Tonelico fan. However, I do not think they should continue the series as the way the ended AT3 closed everything off quite nicely and I don't think they'd be able to reproduce the epic that they did for that series again.
LivingShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: A New Arrival

We have that Supercell album. I'm not sure if someone told you different, but we've had it since release.

Please feel free to request music here: http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2177

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh

I just haven't heard anything from it yet. Maybe I just haven't been on when it was played.

And will do. The location for requests wasn't that obvious so I'll post up there officially when I get the time.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingShadow View Post
I just haven't heard anything from it yet. Maybe I just haven't been on when it was played.

And will do. The location for requests wasn't that obvious so I'll post up there officially when I get the time.
Well, we have close to 40,000 songs at this point. So it's hard to hear it all in just a few months, haha.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh

At the very least you at least have Supercell in your collection (and probably Egoist by extension). Good to know it's in there somewhere.

Also, what are the policies on music like the vocaloid/utaite stuff? Does it have to be on an album for you guys to play it or would it be possible for you guys to get written permission from whoever uploaded it or something? I'm presuming the former.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Also, what are the policies on music like the vocaloid/utaite stuff? Does it have to be on an album for you guys to play it or would it be possible for you guys to get written permission from whoever uploaded it or something? I'm presuming the former.
It has to be released on an album in some form for it to be added.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Animelover19
Banhammer'd

Animelover19 is meh

Welcome To 91.8 The Fan Living Shadow!
Animelover19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Hello hello
Welcome to the fan I see you are alredy getting use to the way music runs here thats good now is you wanna hear a specific song or music from an album why don't you join us in the IRC where must of the DJ's take song request(usually as a price for answering trivia questions)

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Well met and welcome. I understand your confusion about music availability--I know that the station has albums and artists not listed on the official playlist, but it's a huge list and updating it has got to be a nightmare. (That said, it would be really great to hear some Rapunzel or Teto. . .*cough, cough, hint, hint!)

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
Well met and welcome. I understand your confusion about music availability--I know that the station has albums and artists not listed on the official playlist, but it's a huge list and updating it has got to be a nightmare. (That said, it would be really great to hear some Rapunzel or Teto. . .*cough, cough, hint, hint!)
Both on the station, but I can't do anything until we're back up as is. :P

Old 02-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh

How do you guys have the music stored? In a database or something? If so, it wouldn't be hard for you to set up something using sql or whatever language. If you do it right you could set it up to auto-update the list when things are added.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How do you guys have the music stored? In a database or something? If so, it wouldn't be hard for you to set up something using sql or whatever language. If you do it right you could set it up to auto-update the list when things are added.

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #13
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh

They don't call programmers "wizards" without a reason.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
We do have one for Fanatics, always have. However, since we're in the middle of a move, it's naturally down.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Ja I knew they were "wizards" no wonder I cant do that stuff

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

hello and welcome now if youll excuse me.....i have to go high jump kick a killer burrito

Bobby Henshin is offline   Reply With Quote