It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Server Change

As some of you have already noticed we announced last night we were changing the streams over to a new server. Doing this has changed the .m3u and the .pls files. Any instance of those files has been updated on the site as well as the forums, and the Heavy & Lite player have also updated.

The radio will work as it always has and shows will run without any interruptions.

On the back end of things however we will be moving all the music to the new server and eventually broadcast from that. This will be a slow process, but doing so will enable us to increase bit-rates for each stream as well as an addition of another stream all together if we so choose.

The new ways to access the radio are as follows:
If you are experiencing any problems please consider the following:
  • Have I cleared my cache?
    • There is an off-site guide here for different browsers on how to clear your cache.
  • Have I deleted my previous .m3u or .pls files and replaced them with the new ones?
  • If I am experiencing an error am I receiving any error message from either of these files?
    • Examples are "Request Timed Out" or "Connection Reset".
  • Have I restarted my browser?
If you still cannot listen please list what method you're trying (for example you're downloading the .pls file and trying to use it in Winamp), your browser (if you're using the Web based players), ISP, and general location. We will do our best to make sure the radio is working on your end.

The "What's On Now" isn't working anywhere?!

We decided to upgrade to Shoutcast 2, but apparently this isn't compatible with the system. We will downgrade later today. There will be no changes to any files or pages, so most likely you won't even notice us switching back. Fixed!

Thank you for your patience and for your continued support.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 10-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
JawnVick

JawnVick is meh
Re: Server Change

Is this also effecting the IRC chat? I can't get in.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawnVick View Post
Is this also effecting the IRC chat? I can't get in.
No, the IRC has never really been controlled by us. That's owned by the Rizon server, so if you can't connect it has nothing to do with our end.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

Chrome can be especially sticky with caching stuff, it was still caching the old stream for me.

Wrench -> Options -> Under the hood -> clear Browsing data.. -> empty the cache

Then reload the page.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Was? So I assumed it's a-okay now? Thanks for posting this tid-bit for Chrome users then! :)

Also, as an update TuneIn has also changed streams (we have no input over that what so ever, I really wish they would recognize me as the owner). iTunes also finally got back to me and they said the streams will be changed by the end of the week. What I mean by iTunes is we're listed in their radio directory, and updating can be a long process sadly.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
jimu00

jimu00 is meh

Hi, I usually use the Shoutcast app on my iPhone to listen to 91.8 The Fan on the go, but I notice that the station is no longer listed on the Shoutcast servers page. Is there a particular reason why this is?

Last edited by jimu00; 10-10-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimu00 View Post
Hi, I usually use the Shoutcast app on my iPhone to listen to 91.8 The Fan on the go, but I notice that the station is no longer listed on the Shoutcast servers page. Is there a particular reason why this is?
It might take a few days to update, or we might have to re-submit. I'm not sure. Either way, if you follow the hand dandy super special awesome to the max iPhone guide you won't need no silly app, and have faster access.

But I will look into the shoutcast thing.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimu00 View Post
Took me a little bit to look into this. It was kinda odd because we were appearing earlier in the directory, but it's all fixed now.

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Ra....8%20The%20Fan

The information was being automatically sent, but for whatever reason wasn't being accepted. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
jimu00

jimu00 is meh

Yeah, I saw that it's back up on Shoutcast again. Thanks for looking into this!
Closed Thread