Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Games That Aren't As Bad As People Say

I thought this might be a fun topic since there's varying opinions for everything. I have several games I've tried that weren't as bad as I thought or was told. So let's put some spotlight on those not-so-bad games or perhaps even great games.

Last Rebellion - Maybe it's the roleplayer in me, but I wasn't against this game. I got it for the trophies, and I liked the battle system for what it was. Obviously, it isn't beautiful to look at, but it had an interesting ending and several funny, extra bosses. The ending was meaningful, but also a little sad depending on the player's view of it. I liked the idea of two people sharing the same body, so on and so forth. I also enjoyed two different play types.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: Games That Aren't As Bad As People Say

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Many YGO players really hated that adaptation, and it does take quite a while to get used to/into the play style. However, I enjoyed how characters were adapted into the story of the historical War of the Roses, and the whole deck master system. It wasn't a revolutionary YGO game, but it was fun nonetheless, and I see it get quite a bit of hate.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Final Fantasy 13

The battle system is new and fun and interesting, and the story is good, and the voice cast is amazing. The amount of game you get for the price far exceeds the standard amount of play time any other single player campaign will give you. Oh and I LIKE that you get level caps, because it makes you actually have to improve your skills.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Zelpheropolis

Zelpheropolis is meh

Nier
I read alot of poor reviews, but I thought the game was great. I loved the music and felt that the extra content was interesting enough to replay the game for.

I also agree with Kibs. FF 13 was great and ate up many hours of my life.
Zelpheropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

In my circles, this game was shunned for killing people's childhood memories. But it was a solid vehicle game.

Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

Sword of Mana for GBA

I still don't understand why this game was so universally panned. To me, it was just as good, if not better than the popular games in the series (Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana) - and yet this was the one that got the bad rap.

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
drewid

drewid is meh

Infinite Undiscovery: Despite the meh reviews this game has received I found it to be a very fun and engaging action rpg. The characters develop in interesting ways over the course of the game, and the story is well done overall. The crafting and title system is also very engaging. You have specific characters that have different professions like blacksmithing, enchanting, alchemy, and even scribing. As you progress through the game, level up your characters, and complete side quests, special titles will appear on your characters status screen, these usually have some interesting tidbits about the character. Like the heroine hates bugs so she has the Bug Hater title, and when fighting Bugs she is weakened. I could ramble on a lot more about this game but ill finish it up with this next sentence. Overall this was an amazing game for me, if you like rpgs and action games this you may really like this one.

And I agree, Final Fantasy 13, Yugioh Duelist of the Roses, and Sword of Mana were amazing, the others listed so far I have yet to play.

Last edited by drewid; 11-27-2011 at 01:39 PM.
drewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Sonic Unleashed

Despite the complaints regarding the Werehog levels. It was nice every once in a while to slow down from Speed sections and occasionally feel the need to take two enemies and bang them together like a monkey with cymbals.
Given the part is I despised the most was the Sun/Moon medal collecting, and the level gates where also in obnoxious areas. But given that it came after Sonic 06, I think its a huge upgrade. The Speed section was just what was needed to make games like Colors and Generations.
Really though, stop hiding behind the "Werehog sucks" defense

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
The Eternal Scholar

Every Question Has An Answer

The Eternal Scholar is meh

Final Fantasy 8

As a Final Fantasy fan, I don't see why this game is so widely hated. A different and unusual battle design added a bit of an interesting spin on leveling and powering characters up. For people who don't use magic constantly, it allows the player to power themselves up or gives the challenge of having a low level run. People also bash the story constantly, and I don't see why? Because it's being compared to Final Fantasy 7? Seriously, if you look into the back story of the game it makes quite a bit of sense.

Don't get me wrong, the other Final Fantasies are great games, but let's leave the bashing for something that deserves it. Like Final Fantasies 12 and 14

I kid, I kid.

The Eternal Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
NobouMansu

NobouMansu is meh

Lots of people overlooked "Mischief Makers" on the N64 because it was a side scroller released at a time focused on the 3D platforming of Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, but I think it's one of the action-platformers on the system.

Defiantly worth trying if you still have an N64 kicking around.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ~`~`~`Everything is Ruined Forever~`~`~`~ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

NobouMansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
PrinceVern

PrinceVern is meh

Dynasty Warriors

Reviewers just hate on the game so much, and I am still so confused why +_+ You have a HUGE roster of playable characters, each with different weapons and fighting styles, but all reviewers tend to do is point out that its fighting system is very repetitive, and that if you played one, you played them all @3@ however, there are so very few games that execute this style of action game correctly~
PrinceVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Heavenly Sword: Also known as a God Of War rip-off, but quite honestly had one of the best plots of the PS3. It's a game with a nice difficulty spike that makes the last boss actually hard versus press X to not die. I highly recommend it to this day in case you want something cheap, short, and fun... but with a ton of character.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
allanime01

91.8 Staff

allanime01 is meh

Pokemon Colliseum and XD: I hear people call this a travesty and that they only got it for some of the exclusives (Like Ho-Oh and Lugia, before HG and SS were a thing) but personally I think the story was wonderful, the take of Shadow pokemon was ill admit weird, but cool! Not only that it was an ACTUAL CONSOLE POKEMON GAME! Something I was begging for since Gamecube existed. I'm hoping some recent Pokemon X and Y hints are leading me to believe we might explore the Orre region again on Wii U!

Also, Bayonetta. There's a nice niche of fans, but most reviewers I see all call it a "Poor mans Devil May Cry, with added Sex Appeal" and like wow, did you even PLAY the game!? I mean yeah it's gonna have a DMC feel cause the EXACT SAME TEAM MADE IT, but it's still plenty diverse enough to be its own game.

Lastly, anyone even heard of a game called Pokemon Channel? If you still have a Wii or a Gamecube, pick it up (it cant be more than 10 bucks somewhere) it's a nice cute little game. Runs on an Animal Crossing style (IE if they say "Check in Tomorrow" then you come back tomorrow) with plenty of fun little entertaining mini-games, shows, etc. I personally think the Wii U is a perfect system for a sequel.

allanime01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #14
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I am going to go DEEP into terribad games territory and say ET isn't as bad as people say.

Yes there is a landfill that people are mining for remnants of the games they buried.
Yes if you pick up a copy and try playing it you will be frustrated to no end and maybe want to end your life.

The same could be said about a LOT of old games that just put you in the game and let you play. Especially graphically ancient games like Atari games.

I used to think ET had no goal. I used to think it was impossible to win. Turns out there is a goal and you can win, and much like many other old games, the key to victory is the Instruction Manual. A relic of a more sophisticated age, where some reading outside of the game was required, and tutorials in game were nigh unheard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9BdV6WmGQc

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote