Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
K Episode 013 Discussion

Kuro is like, "Yata. Fushimi. I ain't gonna take none of your ♫♫♫♫." He's such a neat character.

What? No? Backstory?! We don't have time for backstory. Oh well, at least we get to see why Fushimi is so messed up. Or not, opening time I guess. Hahaha, I love the bigger guy picking them both up. I also really adore Yata, he's such a tsun tsun derp.

He's taking in Kuro, too. Uguuuu.

I kinda figured he'd take the Colorless King and tell Kuro to kill him, but I guess he's gonna find another way to die with the Colorless King inside him. Though if he's immortal maybe he'll come back in the movie. At least it seems like Shiro is going to pass on in some form, which is pretty heartbreaking.

My kokoro. Man, they got rid of the best characters and now I just feel bitter. Can the movie just bring Shiro back so I'm not so upset.

Neko, Neko... don't do that.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh
Re: K Episode 013 Discussion

So my wish for no deaths other than the Colorless King went unanswered ;_;

I did not expect Murakata to have to make the killing blow on Silver King to destroy Colorless King.

For a minute I thought all of them were wiped out and that another disaster had occurred (Murakata's blue sword of damocles vanishing into the maelstrom created by Silver King and Red Kings wake).

But that happening and then gah Mikoto as well, combined with Anna screaming out and Neko's innocent reaction and Kukuri's tears because she couldn't recall Shiro...ahhhhh too much for me, waterworks ensued.

Yeah, I dunno how the movie picks up after this, unless it's going to be one of those time warp things into the past events or something, which would be sort of a cop out if they did that.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Overall, decent series worthy of adding to my BD collection. Had some meh moments, mostly due to what I felt was speeding through some potential content and stories that I would have liked to hear more about.

Specifically, Neko and the Strain, Anna and more on the other kings. We saw only 5 of the 7 right? Maybe the movie will introduce them...

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Ziven

Ziven is meh

I echo much of your feels on this. I was hoping that we could get through this with the fewest number of deaths possible (which I figured would be around 2-3: Mikoto, Colorless King, perhaps Fushimi depending on his capability of keeping a hold over himself), but alas.

I really liked the story and the set up. I wish that there had been a little more time spent on World Building, not necessarily for the current plot, but so far as the background info was concerned. Although there were enough hints to passably justify the flashbacks to War-Time memories/quotables from other Kings, they cut it pretty thin so far as I'm concerned. Much thinner than I would have liked.

Seeing the remaining Kings is something that I would like, but I sort of like the openness of it all. The fanfiction author in me sees the potential for a lot of character exploration without having to break the canon, per se, and I like that a lot (though that's very specific to me, lol, and not most viewers). The only real vein of knowledge that I feel needs to be filled in is information about the Strains and when they developed. Other than knowing that Neko is the first one for quite a while, without that information she seems rather like a cop-out option for the main protagonist without anything to validate her existence (this anime did a very good job assimilating her, though, and I respect the effort that went into that).

Perhaps the movie could be about how Strains came about and also feature the missing Kings? A girl can hope. XD
Ziven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziven View Post
Perhaps the movie could be about how Strains came about and also feature the missing Kings? A girl can hope. XD
The movie for me seems like a toss-up in terms of what they'll be exploring. I know Maki was also curious about Strains, but in a way I'm more curious about Shiro. I say that due to the fact he is the Immortal King, I still have this inkling they could potentially bring him back in one form. There were so many unanswered questions about the extend of each King's powers that I still felt this is probable.

Maki and I got into a pretty detailed discussion about it on Skype.

I do know there is a new Red King however, but realistically it's possible the new person is a reincarnation of the Silver King (going in terms with his immortality). Those are just theories though, but jeez, it's gonna be hard to wait.

In addition, I really want to know what the DVD/Blu-Ray situation is for K. Viz has been quiet on it's release and it is currently on Neon Alley, but no announcement? Despite there being a dub? Waaaah, let me throw money at you. :(

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote