Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
DJ M.O.T.D
Fan

DJ M.O.T.D is on a distinguished road
Dungeons and Dragons

If you play DnD.
Post your Experiences and fun/not so fun times with your Play Group.
there wasn't really a "Misc" thing for entertainment. so i put this in general.

DJ M.O.T.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dungeons and Dragons

I got one I think is pretty amusing. So we were helping out some town by killing some troglodytes or some such thing, so night comes and the troglodytes come in and try to wreck up the place. Now they charge all up through the inn we're in with a couple of them coming around back near the kitchen/storeroom, which they bust up into and start to light on fire. Now for reasons I can't say for sure the floor/ceiling of the second/first floors, though it might have been the fire, not sure though. So my friend goes on over there to try and take care of the fire. When he gets to the hole he decides he want's to try and jump a top one of the enemies, which sparks a half hour or so of trying to figure how damage for that would work, and then he does, gets down there and kills all the guys down there and at that point in time me and one of my other friends are up on the roof fighting something. Well my first friend wants to come and help us, so logically he jumps straight up through roof, STRAIGHT THROUGH THE ♫♫♫♫ING ROOF. I pretty sure he wound up being no help because the couple things that were left and off and our ranger and myself chase them down. Also I believe the Inn burned down, good times.

Another time I was raped then killed by a dragon, same dragon two different encounters.

Talking about DnD makes me sad, because my dumbass friends are too lazy to skype me up or something, so I haven't played DnD or Shadowrun in over half a year.

Last edited by Shadowblade Edge; 01-15-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh

for some reason i was thinking u were talking about DDOnline

chefofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

I think the most amusing thing that happened when I played was actually an event that kept occurring in every campaign. One of the players always makes a character that specializes in using katanas and being fast and whatnot. (Kenshin clone, obviously) Now, he would always make this character all manly and somewhat of a pitiless jerk who looked out for himself. As such, he would always grab magic artifacts he wanted immediately without hesitation and ended up picking up more than his share of cursed items. I always roll for curses off of a table, but for some reason, every campaign, he would at some point get hit by a gender change curse and become a female. And it would always make him go emo in the corner. In fact, I still poke fun at him about it to this day.

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
TheGreatMoof

TheGreatMoof is meh

I've played a ton of different types of pen-and-paper RPGs (mostly at college) but a lot of the people I've played with just suck at it, sadly. I've got a few good friends who are even more into the game of DnD than I and playing with them has always been a treat, tho.

But onto the amusingly bad college players. For instance; this one guy, who always seems to play a min/maxed halfling rogue with the personality of Charles Manson, tried running a few campaigns as DM when everyone got bored of dragging the party around on a chokechain and they were the worst things ever. The entire campaign would eventually break down into not so much a band of adventurers doing cool stuff in the deep places of the earth, and more like a modestly amusing and incredibly dull fantasy world package tour of every freaking tavern in the world.

It got so bad that I eventually rolled up a vampire character who would travel with the party to new towns and while they would just sit around taverns and pick up chicks, my vampy would creep around the town at night and over time turn the entire ruling class of the town into his undead minions. Before that group finally dissolved and we stopped playing altogether, vampy had actually become ruler of enough towns that he was on the brink of declaring himself the new ruler of a small nation.

TheGreatMoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
Marpolo 1991

Marpolo 1991 is meh

For D&D my funniest moment was when the paladin in my group didn't want to take a negative for fighting with his eyes closed (because we were fighting a monster that could kill by looking at you) so he told the DM that he was looking at the monsters feet, so the DM told him to roll because there was a chance that he looked at the monsters eyes and he failed the roll and died and the person controlling the paladin was pissed. Also the same character was killed by a half orc dragon because neither he nor the DM were paying attention to the health of the paladin and was killed with a simple club to the head. It's funny because the the Paladin has died about 4 times. Then while I was controlling a wizard at the end of one of the main quest I decided to jump into a portal that lead to the plain of negative energy and died.

Marpolo 1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
Stone
Fan

Stone is meh

DnD hasn´t really made it´s way here, but we have something pretty similar, DSA (Das Schwarze Auge - The black eye)

I think how it is funny that not newcomer make any weird stuff, but rather the seasoned people in your group tend to do unreasonable things, like trying to buy a balista or readying it, and yes, it did happen while I was the GM...

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I think how it is funny that not newcomer make any weird stuff, but rather the seasoned people in your group tend to do unreasonable things, like trying to buy a balista or readying it, and yes, it did happen while I was the GM...
Heh, I can relate, and I don't mean just in general, I mean to that specific situation. One of our most veteran players, the guy who jumped two floors up in my first post, tries, and occasionally succeeds, to get away with the most absurd stuff, and ballista come up a lot more often than they should. We let him get away with this crap though, and implicitly encourage it really, because he's such a great guy, best person I've ever met.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Stone
Fan

Stone is meh

Best thing we ever did was make a shoot out with the biggest stuff there was available in the whole book, I think it was a tribok if I remember correct. And since nobody had any skill in siege weapon, we destroyed more of the surroundings than would be good, I think that was the first time, we destroyed a whole city and then made it canon for us. I think it´s still drawn as a ruin on the map.

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Kercon

Kercon is meh

I played classic D&D with my group I don't remember ver. of rules we had old book so one of older for sure but quickly we started changing rules ^_^ adding races, ability and other stuff like changing way of using magic and item creation >_< that was fun for sure. We were spending a lot of time on discussions and after some time (2~3 weeks we finished our Upgrades ^_^ ) and began from start few adventures ( about 1.5 month) and we stopped ^_^ cuz only 3 players left ( from 8 on beginning ) yeah that was good times.

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote