Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Additions & Retirements

It’s not often we have to make an official statement due to a person’s absence as people come and go. We’ve witnessed several members of 91.8 The Fan leave to pursue other things or have been asked to leave due to various incidents. While I am generally unable to talk about them in full, the staff here at 91.8 The Fan has come to an agreement to address a certain issue.

Recently, we have asked Kusari to go his own separate way. The reasons for such are quoted here: “With that, and the lack of communication with almost everyone, (not telling other staff you were in the server, not talking with Kana about anything that's going on); lack of compromise or willingness to accept fault; trying to bypass Kana on a major decision, (talking directly to Eternal about making a shift change); and complaints and inability to get along with other staff members.”

For those unaware of how our system works: I am in charge of the DJs while Kibs is in charge of the content providers. There are several decisions that the two of us agree on before we act on them such as asking someone to leave or hiring someone else. When there is a problem amongst staff we both know of it regardless.

It is sad whenever anyone does have to go, but overall things were not working out peacefully. In continuation we have discovered several people involved in this incident that have breached their Non-Disclosure Agreements. Due to this we are unable to stay as quiet as we have been during the situation. Ceased & Desist letters have been sent out at this time due to the delicate nature of the situation.

Our official statement is as such, Kusari was let go due to previously mentioned problems as quoted above. We do not ban members for leaving the site; we allow them to do what they wish as long as they remain civil. However, due to "he said she said", Twilly (a former staff member) and EagleEyes (a former staff member and now ex-moderator) have been banned from the IRC and forums; the latter being banned only for a week's time. On the 28th of August Twilly had decided to post nude photos in the forums, insult all of our staff, and EagleEyes kicked several staff members from IRC before leaving (as such he was abusing his power). Many of you are very aware that these things are against our rules and as such we have removed them from the site. In addition, Kusari was also banned from IRC once proper proof was obtained of a broken Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Despite all this, as with many losses, 91.8 The Fan continues to grow. We’ve welcomed two new DJs to the site, Eternal Scholar and Zero Gravity and we have two more that we are waiting for confirmation on. So while we have regrettably suffered loss we have also gained additional members. Please treat them well and welcome them to their new home. I am personally grateful for your patience as we sort this matter, and I hope this bout of drama will not deter you from listening. The people on staff continue to work hard for you, the fans, and we will continue to do as such as long as you will have us.

If you have additional information on this incident, specifically concerning leaked information, please report it to us at once. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 08-29-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Team

Team is meh
Re: Additions & Retirements

Sad that this had to happen but I do believe this is the best for us all that it happen!

Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Renku

Renku is meh

I don't see why EE kicking staff is so bad, he dose it all the time. He did it when he was staff. And staff kick staff all the time. :/ That just seem a little rash to me. Just saying.

Renku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renku View Post
I don't see why EE kicking staff is so bad, he dose it all the time. He did it when he was staff. And staff kick staff all the time. :/ That just seem a little rash to me. Just saying.
Typically a joke requires other individuals to be in on it, simply entering and kicking people and then leaving without any explanation is not a joke nor should it be an acceptable course of action.

I'm extremely disappointed with the childish behavior of these two whom I thought were friends. Its unacceptable and I feel that Kanashimi and Kibs have both made the right decision in revoking their access to the IRC and the forums for damage control.
As for Twilly, No soul of high estate can take pleasure in slander. It betrays a weakness.

In addition, breaking an NDA can be an extremely big deal. I hope that in the future Kusari will take into account the gravity of the situation before he makes another mistake like this, for his own sake and for the sake of others.

The above applies to any others that have been found to have broken their NDA.

Last edited by Amui; 08-28-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
NeonX

Fanatic

NeonX is meh

I now understand why they did it. But as Amui said, it was very childish. Just because a decision you don't like is made, doesn't mean you do what they did.

NeonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

As a note, since I couldn't say it before, Siege has officially joined us as a DJ between 4 AM to 8 AM PST on weekends. So now you have three DJs to welcome :)

Last edited by Kanashimi; 05-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #7
AyumiTenshi

AyumiTenshi is meh
Question Re: Additions & Retirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
The reasons for such are quoted here: “With that, and the lack of communication with almost everyone, (not telling other staff you were in the server, not talking with Kana about anything that's going on); lack of compromise or willingness to accept fault; trying to bypass Kana on a major decision, (talking directly to Eternal about making a shift change); and complaints and inability to get along with other staff members.”
With what exactly?
AyumiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiTenshi View Post
With what exactly?
Explained to him beforehand is that he was missing shifts without notifying anyone. Everyone here has missed a shift or had to go away, but we have a procedure in which to let everyone know as such. He did not follow said procedure.

If you worded it better it'd be "In conjunction with..." and all of the reasons listed. Not following procedure was essentially his last chance on top of everything else.

We quoted, as in did not change, a single portion of what was told to him when we asked him to leave. We feel that these reasons specifically need to be highlighted. If DJs were asked to leave on the guise of missing one shift then we would never have a DJ more than a month if that.

In fact, the proceeding sentence started off as such, "Missing the time I suppose is understandable, everyone does it at some point or another, but..."

So to sum things up as best as possible the reasons given were as follows:

• Lack of communication with the majority of staff.
  • Trying to bypass Kana on a major decision. This is mostly credited to Kusari attempting to permanently change one day of his schedule with Eternal Scholar, a trainee, without consulting myself to see if this sort of schedule change was okay.
  • Complaints and inability to get along with other staff members.
  • Lack of compromise or willingness to accept fault.

Chat logs or more in-depth reasons will not be given.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 08-29-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

Oh dear lord what a pain. And EE was such a positive member and staff - I don't get why you'd want to go out that way.

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Wow, the things I miss when I wander off for a while. This deeply saddens me, but the rules really are spelled out quite simply. Let's hope we never lose anyone else like this. . .

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
dbull620
Demon Slayer

dbull620 is meh

Bwa...? Man, I guess I need to get in the IRC/forums more often, this is all news to me >_> This is pretty shocking to hear, but I'm not going to ask what anyone's motives were, because frankly I haven't been around and it's probably none of my business anyways (not to mention opening old wounds and summoning the drama llama just isn't cool).

Anyways, with that said I wish the best of luck to the new DJs. I'm sure you'll see me around some time eventually.

dbull620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull620 View Post
I'm sure you'll see me around some time eventually.
Yeah, we never see you anymore :(

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
dbull620
Demon Slayer

dbull620 is meh

Well, you may see me more often. The last several months I've been spending a lot of my free time playing an MMO (Pandora Saga if anyone's curious) but my interest in the game is falling fast.

dbull620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #14
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh

Wow. This is news to me. However i do understand the reasons these actions were taken. These proceedures are in place for a reason, and when they aren't followed, things snowball. I'm sorry to see them leave, but i also welcome the new DJs.

The things i miss when i'm not paying attention...
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Oh, wow....I thought people that were part of the staff actually followed rules.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 02-11-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Osaka is offline   Reply With Quote