Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Moderator Applications

We are currently accepting applications for forum moderators.
Thanks to the enormous boom of growth of our website and community we are now in need of people who can keep an eye on the forums as we are all very busy, and don't have much time to read every post made on the forums!

What a moderator does:
A moderator is assigned to a section, sometimes multiple sections, and keeps an eye on everything going on in there, making sure everyone is following the rules, and deleting spam/rule breaking posts as necessary.

A few stipulations:
I will not be accepting applications from anyone with less than 100 posts, and/or has not been active for more than a month. We're looking for people who have spent some time in the community, and who want to do something to help by giving their time and talents to the forums.

What you need to do to apply:
Send me a PM with information about yourself, the section you would wish to moderate, your availability, and a short paragraph about why you think you would make a good moderator. Make sure to title the PM "Moderator Application", or it might get overlooked! I will have Kana look over the applications with me and we will decide based on many criteria.

S-Mods:
Amui
Cameron
Grimdefeat

Moderators:
Kanashimi
PissedSilentBob
Christmas
Jubilee
Tempest
LeviathanMist

Moderator Positions
  • General - Grimdefeat
  • Introductions - PidssedSilentBob
  • General - GrimDefeat
  • --Serious - Vacant
  • ----Debates - Vacant
  • Forum Games - Christmas4477
  • --Conventions - Vacant
  • ----Cosplay - Vacant
  • ----Convention Reviews - Vacant
  • ----Upcoming Conventions - Vacant
  • Entertainment - Vacant
  • Anime - Vacant
  • Manga - Vacant
  • Movies - LeviathanMist
  • Television - Vacant
  • Music - Filled (Jubilee)
  • Vidja Games - Kanashimi
  • Creative - Vacant
  • Art - Vacant
  • Literature - Filled (Tempest)
  • --Role Playing - Vacant

DJ Shifts, Features and Articles are all moderated by their respective owners.

Last edited by Kibs; 03-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Moderator Applications

I applied....
-not good with rejection-

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
dbull620
Demon Slayer

dbull620 is meh

Perhaps I'll apply after I've actually been here for over a week (don't see myself leaving any time soon :wink: ) provided there's still positions left to be filled of course.

dbull620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Catilena1890

Catilena1890 is meh

Boy I would like that literature spot, I do oh so love fanfiction. Back off everyone, that spot is mine when my account is old enough! *takes out Tetseiga and waves it around the literature mod spot*
In a world that has enslaved dragonkind and their riders, the Dragons of Pern face holders whom harvest them and their young for food. Some riders and dragons have fought back, and have fled the cruelty of the North. They hid away in the Southern continent where they founded the weyr of Vulnera. It's a man eats dragon world out there, will YOU join the fight to protect the dragons?

Catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

List has been updated.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Aw shucks :\

Imma try again for the Art section! >:)

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 01-26-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Kibs

Fanatic

All applications have been viewed thus far, anyone who has not receieved a reply was not selected, as of the timestamp on this post. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

CURSES! >_<

Foiled again!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Updated.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
Kibs

Fanatic

Update:
S-Mods have now been assigned as heads of their respective sections, they will keep a general eye on all of the sub-sections, and will be the person to go to with a question about your section. As such, some sections have been made vacant, and we will require more moderator applications.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #11
Kibs

Fanatic

After a long dry spell of not Maintaining the moderators, I've done some pruning and tweaking. There are now 7 open moderator positions, no super moderator positions from this point forward will be available to new hires and will solely be available through promotion.

Grimdefeat has thusly been promoted to SMod in charge of the General Section, while retaining responsibility for the General Subforum.

Pissedsilentbob whose name I cannot get the altcaps right for has also been promoted to S-mod, he will be overseeing the entertainment section while retaining his responsibilities in the introductions.

The current open moderator positions are as follows:

General

The moderator for this position needs to be able to decide whether or not the topic at hand is of a more serious import than things such as celebrity gossip or chips. Serious news such as Public Service Announcements, or Natural Disasters would go in here.

The moderator of this forum needs to be able to know when to stop a discussion when it gets out of hand without judging based on personal bias. The best person for this job is someone who will not likely involve themselves in the debates and does not judge people based on religion, political positions, or sexual preference.

Entertainment

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of anime, this position is perfect for those who spend all day watching anime.

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of manga, this position is perfect for those who are connoisseurs of manga both old and new.

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of television, this position is perfect for those who spend a great amount of time in front of the boob tube.

Creative

This moderator's main focus will be reprimanding people who are insulting of other people's art. Let's be honest, everyone has an opinion, and when it comes to art, people can be very nasty. Occasionally you will have to remove nudity, whether artistic or not, it's a violation of our rules.

The Role Playing mod will have a very large responsibility, as it is their responsibility to oversee the RPs and make sure nobody is godmodding or playing unfairly. It is a good idea to actively involve yourself in many of the RPs while staying objective.

Applications should include information such as your forum username, what section you wish to apply for, and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position.

Applications for moderators can be sent to me via either Private Message, or Emailed to Kibs(at)918thefan(dot)com.

Last edited by Kibs; 03-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold

Conglaturations Grim, DON'T LET ME DOWN.

ಠ_ಠ

Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

Movies is empty? I thought I was moderator of that one :P

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
Team

Team is meh

lol nice too bad im busy enough i would love to be in one of those but im not active on forums enough

Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Kibs

Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist View Post
Movies is empty? I thought I was moderator of that one :P
Oh!, Sorry, I must have misaligned while looking. Fixed.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh

Thanks for considering my application even though i wasn't assigned a spot.

I know it was due to my lack of activity on the forums rather than the amount of posts i have on file.

Good luck to those applicants still being reviewed.
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
Kibs

Fanatic

GracefulDisaster/Aeri/Aerianna/PickAName has been accepted as Moderator for the Art forum.
Moonhawk81 has been accepted as Moderator for the Serious forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
Thanks for considering my application even though i wasn't assigned a spot.

I know it was due to my lack of activity on the forums rather than the amount of posts i have on file.

Good luck to those applicants still being reviewed.
Three things.
1. I literally just got to reading over your application.
2. Now that I've read it, you applied for a position that isn't even open.
3. You've accepted a lack of response after less than 24 hours as a rejection?

Last edited by Kibs; 03-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Application summited I hope I can get In

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote