91.8 The Fan

Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh
Fall 2010 anime and your thoughts

current anime line-up:

Toaru Majutsu no Index II (24 eps)- Fridays

Season 2 of Toaru Majutsu no Index. Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Kamijyo Touma’s right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, as well as his own luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index Librorum Prohibitorum—all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (12 eps)- Sundays

Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn’t gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle (Stardust Witch Merle), which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyousuke’s surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! (Love with Little Sister!). Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl anime at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke’s room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they “have things to talk about.” Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe anime and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.

Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls (12 eps) - Sundays

The story takes place in Japan in the early 21st century, in an alternate reality where the Tokugawa Shogunate has remained in power. In this reality, student councils are tasked with oppressing schools. Yagyuu Muneakira is a high school student who rebels against his student council with the help of girls who’ve had the names of famous samurai heroes passed on to them.

Arakawa Under The Bridge x Bridge (season 2) - Sundays

The second season of Arakawa Under The Bridge. The story is about the strange courtship of a successful executive in life called Kou and a mysterious woman called Nino who lives under a bridge. It all begins when Kou almost drowns in a river but is saved by Nino. For saving his life, Kou fulfills Nino’s desire to have a boyfriend. Thus, Kou becomes her boyfriend, but has to live with her under the bridge.

Otome Youkai Zakuro - Mondays

It’s the Meiji Era in a slightly alternate Japan, and the Gregorian calendar has just come into effect. The fox-eared girls living in the youkai part of town are about to be put to work together with a delegation of young human soldiers, to promote interracial understanding. So what will happen when Zakuro’s strong personality collides with human sensibilities?

Psychic Detective Yakumo (13 eps) - Mon

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo tells a story about a college student, Saitou Yakumo who is born with different eye colors. His red left eye gives him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain “cause,” and simply eliminating that “cause” will let those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa Haruka, they begin the investigation together.

Bakuman(25 eps) - Saturday

Moritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi are pretty much foils of each other. Mashiro, an average 9th grade student but talented artist, and Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. After great convincing, Takagi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a successful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to marry the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho.

Kuragehime (11 eps) - Thursday

The story centers around Tsukimi Kura!@#$a, a huge fan of jellyfish (kurage, a wordplay on the “kura/mi” and “tsuki/ge” in her name) and a girl who moves to Tokyo to become an illustrator. She moves into “Amamizukan,” an apartment complex that is full of fujoshi (diehard female otaku) with a no-men-allowed rule. However, one day, Tsukimi invites a stylishly fashionable woman to stay at her room at Amamizukan — only to discover that the guest is not who “she” seems to be.

Letter Bee REVERSE (2nd Season) - Saturday

Season 2 of Letter Bee (Tegami Bachi). Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it’s destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally realizes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.

Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto - Sundays

The story is about a boy called Takuto and a mysterious robot Tauburn.

Sora no Otoshimono: Forte (12 eps) - Friday

The second season of Sora no Otoshimono. Sakurai Tomoki has been having the same strange dream since he was a child and would wake up in tears. Sugata, an upperclassmen at his school, believes the dream to be of the new continent. Later that night, while waiting under the cherry trees for Sugata and his childhood friend, Sohara, an angel comes flying down and his peaceful life changes from then on.

MM! (12 eps) - Monday

Sado Tarou suffers from sexual masochism; he experiences sexual pleasure from pain. He feels he won’t ever have a normal relationship with his condition and decides to visit the Voluntary Club, a place that grants students’ wishes, for a cure. At the club, he finds Isurugi Mio, a girl who thinks she is a god, and Yuuno Arashiko, the girl who caused his condition in the first place…

Togainu no Chi - Thursdays

After being devastated in the third World War (known as The Third Division), Japan was divided in two. Several years after the end of the war, a crime organization called Vischio has taken control of the destroyed city of Toshima (formerly Tokyo, Japan’s capital city), where they are holding a battle game known as “Igura”. The is main character, a young man named Akira, is falsely accused of a crime. Once arrested, a mysterious woman appears before him, offering him freedom if he agrees to participate in Igura and defeat Igura’s strongest man: the king, or “Il-re”. The story follows Akira’s life in the harsh, lawless Toshima as he fights both to survive and to unravel the mysteries developing around him.

Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku - Friday

Fortune Arterial’s story revolves around the male protagonist Kohei Hasekura, who transfers into a prestigious public school in the style of an English six-year school encompassing junior-high and high school students. The school is on an island named Tamatsu Island off-shore from mainland Japan, and the only way to get there is by boat. Soon after transferring, he discovers that one of the student in the class next door to his, Sendo Erika, is in fact a type of vampire.

Arakawa Under The Bridge x Bridge (season 2)- Sunday

The second season of Arakawa Under The Bridge. The story is about the strange courtship of a successful executive in life called Kou and a mysterious woman called Nino who lives under a bridge. It all begins when Kou almost drowns in a river but is saved by Nino. For saving his life, Kou fulfills Nino’s desire to have a boyfriend. Thus, Kou becomes her boyfriend, but has to live with her under the bridge.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes (12 episodes) - Thursdays

The story takes place in an imaginary world in “the Age of Detectives”, where private detectives and phantom thieves overwhelm the cities. It’s about four girls who aim to be great detectives.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume/Squid Girl - Mondays

The sea in our world has been polluted. All sorts of trash were thrown into the sea, making it unpleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitants of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. Clueless about the surface, she seeks to invade humanity alone, trying to rule over the world, only to find herself slaving away at one of the nearest beach-houses for breaking a side of its wall.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru - Thursdays

Clumsy Arashiyama is a girl with a love for mysteries and a knack for getting into trouble. She works for an old lady’s lackluster maid café in a small shopping district. The cafe is largely unsuccessful in attracting customers aside from Sanada, a regular and one of Arashiyama’s classmates (who has a secret crush on her). One day Arashiyama’s clever friend Tatsuno is invited to the café, and, upon seeing the miserable state of things (and Sanada, whom she has a secret crush on), decides to work there. Don’t miss the crazy antics of Arashiyama and friends, mismatched love stories, and all the hilarity that is created as a result, in Sore Machi.

Yosuga no Sora - Mondays

The story is set in the distant mountain village of Okukozome-chou. Haruka Kazugano and his twin sister Sora have fond childhood memories of going to the village to visit their grandfather during their summer vacations. However, after losing their parents in an accident, the two must move in with their grandfather.

The twins get reacquainted with their old childhood friend Nao Yorihime, their new classmate Ryouhei Nakazato, the shrine maiden Akira Amatsume, and Akira’s friend Kazuha Migawa. All seems peaceful and familiar. However, beneath the surface is a secret promise that the twins made with each other long ago, the whereabouts of an important lost item, and the real reason they chose to come back here.

Hakuouki 2 - Saturdays

Second season of Hakuouki. The protagonist, Yukimura Chizuru, is the daughter of a doctor who works in Edo. The father leaves Edo to work as a volunteer doctor and moves to Kyoto without his daughter. As time passes by, Chizuru starts worrying about losing contact with her father, so she decides to go to Kyoto in search of him. On the way, Chizuru is attacked by few criminals and witnesses a fight between an oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody and saving her, the Shinsengumi debate on what to do with Chizuru when they discover that she is the daughter of the doctor they are also looking for. So they decide to become Chizuru’s protectors and help her look for her father(the doctor). Lots of events happen while she stays with the Shinsengumi, as they discover mysterious secrets and also fight against the Bakumatsu group. The story is overall romantic with a historical and political background.

Motto To Love-Ru -Trouble- - Tuesdays

The story is about Yuuki Rito, a high-school boy who cannot confess to the girl of his dreams, Sairenji Haruna. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, nude girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from the planet Deviluke, where she is the heir to the throne. Her father wants her to return to her home planet so she can marry one of the husband candidates, but she decides that she wants to marry Rito in order to stay on Earth.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai/The World only God Knows - Wednesday

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as “The Capturing God” for his legendary skills to be able to “capture” any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane, a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-”glasses”).

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to “capture” girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girl’s heart, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by “capturing” their hearts—making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in “capturing” 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Fridays

Daten City is being rocked by weird happenings. It's the work of Ghosts taking advantage of human desires! Two angels, Panty and Stocking, are sent from above to deal with the threat...but they turn out to be a pair of delinquent miscreants?! A storm is brewing in Daten City as the double trouble ghost hunt begins!!

Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector - Sundays

The era known as "New A.D."
Six months since the DC War, where the Divine Crusaders rose up against the Earth Federation Government, and the "L5 Campaign", against the alien Aerogaters...

Yumeiro Patissiere Professional - Saturdays

According to Ichigo Amano, she doesn't do anything better other than eating cake. She can't find anything she wants to do everyday. However, when she meets a teacher from St. Marie Academy, Henri Lucas, her fate changes. She discovers that she wants to reproduce the flavors that her grandma used to make! So begins the discovery of her dream!

The nice part is a bunch of these animes will be streamed by via Crunchyroll, funimation or Hulu.
Jrockergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Fall 2010 anime and your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrockergirl View Post
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Fridays

Daten City is being rocked by weird happenings. It's the work of Ghosts taking advantage of human desires! Two angels, Panty and Stocking, are sent from above to deal with the threat...but they turn out to be a pair of delinquent miscreants?! A storm is brewing in Daten City as the double trouble ghost hunt begins!!
That is all.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Anime has been somewhat declinging me recentley, last season the only anime i watched was "Highschool of the Dead", this season I'm only interested in the (finally) continuation of "Majutsu no Index", and "Star Driver" seems great thus far, despite the major headache i got trying to understand the plot.

Although thanks to this I;'m finally watching animes I shelved a while ago, specifically "Shakugan no Shana" and "Spice and Wolf 2". "Turn-A Gundam" would be on that list but I heard the ever sweetest new report that the dubbed version will be out soon.

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
microgamer2vs2
Fan

microgamer2vs2 is meh

Ore no Imouto is a really good show so far. I'm actually getting really good laughs when I'm watching this show, which doesn't happen too often.

Star Driver is okay. Nothing seems to stick out about it, but I'll keep with it 'cause it's one of those high-production shows.

Bakuman, Arakawa 2, Soredemo, and Ika Musume are the other shows that I'm watching; all of which are solid.

(X'______') wideface the blog

microgamer2vs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

My two favs so far are definitely The World God Only Knows(Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai) and Otome Yokai Zakuro. Demon Girl Zakuro has been surprisingly good and even pretty funny at times - based on manga by Lily Hoshino.

Also like and been watching Squid Girl and Fortune Ariel.

Sure hoping that Funi/Hulu will announce some simi-casts soon - like Star Driver so it can be watched.....legally.

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

I've been wanting to see Otome Youkai Zakuro since I read about it (in Crunchyroll, maybe? I'm pretty sure that's where I read about it and Panty and Stocking). I'm not so interested in the others, although something might surprise me like Clannad did.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
toyNN
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
I've been wanting to see Otome Youkai Zakuro since I read about it (in Crunchyroll, maybe? I'm pretty sure that's where I read about it and Panty and Stocking). I'm not so interested in the others, although something might surprise me like Clannad did.
Yup - Crunchyroll is the place. Their current Fall line up of new shows (doubt there is a Clannad in the bunch),
  • Fortune Arterial
  • Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Kaminomi) The World Only God Knows
  • Otome Yōkai Zakuro (Demon Girl Zakuro)
  • Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
  • Squid Girl (Shinryaku Ika Musume)
  • Sora no Otoshimono Forte (Heavens Lost Property)
  • Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector
  • Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
  • Tegami Bachi Reverse
  • Yumeiro Pâtissière Professional

Old 10-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

OK, good. I save all my crunchyrolls for later. =9 I just gotta look through them for details. . .Thanks

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh

haha so much crunchy love in here, funny since most places seem to dislike but i mean hey free legal anime that is free no brainer.

Currently some of the series have gotten better some have gotten the same but none of them have gotten worse thank god, like Super Robot and Fortune have just gone to my top for sure. Im sad ANN doesnt air Samurai girls and Oremo anymore due to the problems they faced with the leaked ep but like Toynn said hopefully others will announce other series or crunchy can just pick up the left behinds ppl want.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

I want to see Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt sooo bad, but I just dont have time..... for panties ;-;

ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #11
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZshadowX View Post
I want to see Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt sooo bad, but I just dont have time..... for panties ;-;

lol never!! everyone has time for panties! the beauty is just go to Crunchyroll
http://www.crunchyroll.com/panty-and...ith-garterbelt

and just stream and ep or 2 and see your pantsu
Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

Yay! Happy Dance

ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

My top picks so far are Star Driver, Bakuman, and TWGOK. I'm extremely behind in almost everything, but from what I've seen, most look okay. Yakumo piqued my interest after the first episode and while Togainu no Chi seems decent, I'm picking up some hard yaoi undertones to it. Most of it is pretty low key though, so it's still bearable. Things that I can't understand are MM! and Soredemo. MM! is just out there in terms of concept, and Soredemo doesn't interest my in any way, shape or form, yet I continue to watch it. Squid Girl and a few others are tolerable. Panty and Stocking has it's own category, as every Gainax series should, but it seems like they're doing it just beacause they can for the 'wow factor' and not for fans of their previous work. But hey, that's Gainax for you.

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:25 AM   #14
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
current anime line-up:

Toaru Majutsu no Index II (24 eps)- Fridays

Season 2 of Toaru Majutsu no Index. Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Kamijyo Touma’s right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, as well as his own luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index Librorum Prohibitorum—all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.
I was quite taken by the whole new take on the 'Science vs Magic' approach the series brings, but I was kinda disappointed with the first season. The second season I'm hoping for something coherent in terms of an actual plot. More Biribiri x Touma is never a bad thing either.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh

The World God Only Knows has in one episode just reached my top list of this season. Episode 4 is probably the most random hilarious episode in any anime yet.

To be so devoted to saving a game girl is epic and doing it all without saving a true gamer!!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
toyNN
Fan

Quote:
The World God Only Knows has in one episode just reached my top list of this season. Episode 4 is probably the most random hilarious episode in any anime yet.

To be so devoted to saving a game girl is epic and doing it all without saving a true gamer!!
That has been a very good show. Of course for me eps 4 is their worst eps so far but still enjoyable. I still I'm really liking Otome Yokai Zakuro the best with The World God Only Knows second.

I've not seen Kuragehime yet which was picked up by Funimation and I think started streaming on the 28th. That's supposed to be quite good so I want to watch a couple of eps and see for myself.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyNN View Post
That has been a very good show. Of course for me eps 4 is their worst eps so far but still enjoyable. I still I'm really liking Otome Yokai Zakuro the best with The World God Only Knows second.

I've not seen Kuragehime yet which was picked up by Funimation and I think started streaming on the 28th. That's supposed to be quite good so I want to watch a couple of eps and see for myself.
really I actually thought episode 4 was actually the best so far, probably because I am a gamer and otaku so i will beat something no matter how hard.

on a side note winter 2010 anime has been announced:

http://www.moetron.com/2010/10/22/wi...nuaryfebruary/

some good series coming out Beelzebub is my most anticipated I can probably bet 10 bucks Crunchyroll will pick this up since its such an anticipated anime and awesome manga.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #18
Tsundere
Fan

Tsundere is meh

I have been following most of the series this fall; mainly Star driver, bakuman, TWOGK, SROG and Otome Youkai Zakuro.
  • Star driver while weak in story makes up in being FABULOUS!!!
  • SROG... I watch it for the story..... It also has copious amounts of breasts
  • TWOGK is a good harem with an interesting premise
  • Otome... Is like JC staffs other work.... But better

Tsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

Index part 2... finally I love Toaru Majutsu no index. Besides Baccano and Durarara! They are some of my favorite anime.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
toyNN
Fan

Quote:
really I actually thought episode 4 was actually the best so far, probably because I am a gamer and otaku so i will beat something no matter how hard.

on a side note winter 2010 anime has been announced:
I understand about the gaming and you are right I'm not the gamer. But anyway they're back on track with eps 5 & 6 being very interesting.

Too early for me to think about Winter season yet - as long as I know Mitsudomoe 2 season is coming.....I'm good.