Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
Fail-tacular

I found the fan Thursday, 1/7/10, via Kyle Hebert's Facebook status saying he was doing an interview. Later that night, I desperately tried to get The Fan on my PSP's radio player.

Fail #1 The standard PSP radio players only select random stations. Giving me a 1/9000 chance to actually find the station I want.

Friday, 1/8/10, I come back asking Kana-chan for help, which she was very nice about, but we can't seem to come up with a solution. So I ran a quick Google search, which I should have done in the the first place, and found a way to download a different radio player. Immediately after getting the set-up for the new player all set, something horrible happened. Not only was I trying to work with my PSP, I was also listening to The Fan on my laptop, when the whole network timed out, and I had to reset my router, Fail #2. Even with a re-established connection, I had to restart my computer, because, Fail #3, I couldn't hear the music being played, which was Chain by Back-On, a song I had waited all day to hear. After tuning back in I hear Sandgolem say this: "--mail in to try and win for the contest."

I jumped into the irc to find that the contest is for the One Piece movie: Episode of Alabasta and received Sandgolem's E-mail address to enter the contest. After some careful timing, and in the meantime set up the needs to get the station on my PSP. After a few minutes, Sandgolem announces the winner, which was me. I almost cried. My fail had turned into a win. And to make it all better, Chain was played 20 minutes later.
christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Fail-tacular

Awww! Well, thank you so much for trying to consistently listen. Keep optimistic about it, and we're sure there's more goodies for the future!

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Kana. I've got everything smoothed out now, and expect more great stuff from you. Can't wait for the next Kana's Korner Monday
Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Is it wrong I laughed that your chances of finding the station were almost OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
christmas4477

Smugleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
Is it wrong I laughed that your chances of finding the station were almost OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, that's why I put it there
Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Then you sir are very win. Also good to see annother Fanatic!
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote