Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #21
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road
Re: Nintendo Wii U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
But seriously...
Criminy, i know it's a gaming console but give me some friggen options when I'm bored, otherwise I just turn it off and watch something on Xbox or PS3
I don't have a problem with it not coming with a DVD/Blu-ray player. If you've got either a PS3 or Xbox, they already come with one, so you've got a console with some type of player. You've obviously got a PC, which I assume you can also play DVDs with as well.

I guess filling gaming console with other devices are becoming something that people want, I can understand that, but the thing shouldn't be put down simply because it doesn't come without a DVD/Blu-ray player.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh

Well, my opinion starts on the Wii U is that it doesn't fit into the "console" section. It is promoting more on the handheld device using the console as some sort of "hotspot" for that specific controller (and probably only controller). This situation to me is like the "is it a smartphone? is it a computer?" ad

The only thing I would guess about the DVD/Blu-Ray problem is that games for it will not have so much content in them. From what I heard, Blu-Ray can read more data and makes great use to package data all together than the standard DVD players.

One other thing that bothers me is the HD promise while you are not using the TV hooked up to the console and that you can still play your game with the same format on the new controller. I think this is a bit of a huge promise that can be too true with how the streaming videos can be interrupted when moving too much and knowing when to activate that ability.
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

well another thing will be the price. if we look at the price of the wii when it came ut was 249.99 plus tax and it was not expected to have a DVD player so it didnt matter at all becuase of the price but now with the Wii U as it was told on E3 the price expected its going to be betwen the 300 to 400 so theres a lager incresing on the price. its ok that it doesent come with a DVD or BlueRay player but isint the price going to be expencier compare to other consoles that do have the formats to play DVDs the xbox360 its right now about 199, but if you wanted it with more fitures then the pirces go to 299 to 399
the playstation price es now 299 but if you wanted it with more memory its going to be 399 but with the same fitures
but if we compare this prices to the stating price of the Wii U then probably not many will like the idea of the price

even for me as an example I have the three consoles but i not ofthen use my wii because of the there are not many good games besides smash bros and zelda and in my opinion unless the wii U came withh good games then its not going to be worth it

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #24
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
Fan

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is meh

I will buy it for Pikmin 3 and that is the only reason, I hate how they kept the name "wii" I hate the new controller, its way too big, I am tired of physical gameplay, but Ill be damned if Im going to miss out on Pikmin 3 after waiting 4 years for it!!!

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
Trxd

Trxd is meh

To be honest other than the fact that the new generation of Nintendo first party games will be through the Wii U I really see no reason to buy this console. It's basically just the Wii has finally caught up to the graphics of the 360, and now it has a touchscreen. It's probably the crappiest idea for a "New" console since the Gamecube.
Trxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
deadlymustach50
Fan

deadlymustach50 will become famous soon enough

I know I'm coming into this like a week and a half late, but I thought I would post my opinion on this matter. Now when the Wii came out it was the real start of the era of motion control gaming. People really caught onto it and soon the Wii was the number one selling console. This was a great success for Nintendo, but they really didn't go anywhere with the Wii. Sure they came out with a few real nice games that complemented the Wii's motion control, but that wasn't enough to survive in the console war.

How could Nintendo contend against the many appealing games of the Xbox or PS3? They couldn't and soon after Kinect and PlayStation Move came out Nintendo lost its monopoly on motion control gaming. Nintendo needed something and eventually the 3DS was release and its amazing! The problem was that it cost the same has a console almost and there were no real games for it. With the Wii and 3DS issues Nintendo is hitting a finical issue right now. Due to finical problems they lowered the 3DS's price to $170, and the board members have cut their own paychecks to help.

Nintendo needed something to help them! So what do they do? Do they play it save and survive on the Wii 3DS? Or! Do they take a risk and introduce something new to the console war, just like they did with Wii? They choose the risk, and now introduce the Wii U! Sure it looks funky, but that's what they said about the Wii. Now with 3DS finally making some contribution and the introduction of this new console will Nintendo survive in the video game industry? Who knows, but since Nintendo released their new console, Sony has released their plans for new console too! Are they afraid of a repeat of the Wii? Who knows?

I know for a fact I will support Nintendo. Why? Well Nintendo has been in my whole life and I don't want to see it disappear!

Last edited by deadlymustach50; 08-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.
deadlymustach50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlymustach50 View Post
How could Nintendo contend against the many appealing games of the Xbox or PS3? They couldn't and soon after Kinect and PlayStation Move came out Nintendo lost its monopoly on motion control gaming. Nintendo needed something and eventually the 3DS was release and its amazing! The problem was that it cost the same has a console almost and there were no real games for it. With the Wii and 3DS issues Nintendo is hitting a finical issue right now. Due to finical problems they lowered the 3DS's price to $170, and the board members have cut their own paychecks to help.
Technically Nintendo doesn't have a monopoly on the motion market anymore, but honestly, the Kinect and Move aren't exactly successful. Kinect had the initial "wow factor" for casual and non-gamers that the Wii did, but rather than act as a sort of gateway into other games like the Wii and DS did, it's basically the Dance Central machine, and that's the way it'll probably stay since no one seems to be able to make anything that's not a mini-game collection. Plus the device is now some kind of joke to the hardcore audience. Move supposedly targeted the hardcore, and so far all that's meant was it was a Wii HD, but with more FPS's, and it's not getting much attention from either the casual or hardcore audiences.

But yeah while, those devices aren't successful, they basically set themselves up as the Wii HD, so the Wii U can't offer just HD motion gaming, especially at that price. Instead they're depending on some fancy new tech that looks like it's catered to the hardcore, which seems to be supported by their list of upcoming games. The problem with that is that Nintendo's "hardcore" games generally are all first party, and Mario and Zelda can only draw in so much attention. That recent fiasco with Project Rainfall will probably cost them most of the JRPG Nintendo fans (though only in the North American region) who'll migrate to Sony, and I really doubt any shooter fans would choose the Wii U over the 360.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote