Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #21
cj16bit

cj16bit is meh
Re: How'd you decide on your nickname(on the forums)

My user name came from the first letter of my names CJ and since that name is always taken everywhere my friend suggested 16bit since he knows im a big snes fan and ive had the name for years

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

cj16bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #22
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

This one time, at duel camp... no wait. This one time at ballet camp about two years ago, I killed my knee and couldn't perform so I spent the last two weeks with the American Ballet Theater mentors, hobbling along, watching anime and having a grand ol' time. By the end of the program all of the mentors called me anything from House to Mollybibbles.... So it was either that or House. One can guess which I would prefer. "bibbles" just kinda stuck I guess. Not entirely sure why >.>

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
deadlymustach50
Fan

deadlymustach50 will become famous soon enough

it started when i got my xbox, and i was deciding on a gamertag to use. My friend, who was with me at the time to help me set up my xbox, had a gamertag with deadly in the beginning of his, so there was the start.

Im really into the Mario series, so i included the mustache, but someone already had deadlymustache.
So i added 50 which was my soccer number, and had to delete the e of the stache to fit it in the gamertag.

And deadlymustach50 was born, and now you know... the rest of the story.

deadlymustach50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
Sheep

Sheep is meh

My name's just a shorten copy of a username I use for a different site

I go by Mentally ILL Sheep on a different site, and that was from me liking the phrase "Your mentally ill! " from Trapeze

But I do love sheep =w= so I use it as a short name for things

Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
Aravyre

Aravyre is on a distinguished road

Aravyre, its a nick I randomly generated for usage in an mmorpg a while back, and it stuck every since then, and appears in all mmos I play now xD

Aravyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #26
Hakuro de Killer

Hakuro de Killer is meh

For the prefix, I thought it up a long time ago when I was a huge weaboo and I was like "Why not combine the romaji for White and Black together into something cool sounding? So basically, Haku + Kuro = Hakuro. Later, I found out that 'Hakuro' was romaji for morning dew, so I was like "Okay, that doesn't sound TERRIBAD, so I'll keep it."

As for the suffix, it's a tribute to my favorite Phoenix Wright character, Shelly de Killer.

Hakuro de Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #27
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

Oh, boy...

So back in late 2003 I decided to make my second account on gaiaonline. I wanted to be explore roleplaying more naughtyish characters (in what my innocent mind deemed naughty. Flirty perhaps? Evil/flirty?). So I wanted a nice dramatic name that summarized all the tumultuous.... stuff... and things. Emotions? Behavioral patterns? Whatever.

I sat with dictionary.com for a good couple of hours before I came across the word "Tempest." I thought, "Whoa, that would be an AWESOME name!" The definition of a tempest is a violent windstorm, and honestly part of the reason why I wanted to have this character was to be more unhinged and yell at idiots when I feel like it. ^^;;

But Tempest was already taken. So I went, "Uhhhh.... thinkfast.... WIND." Tempest Wind.

I found that I rather enjoyed letting loose and saying whatever was on my mind, so Tempest became my preferred avatar. Then it became my preferred internet name. It's the name I use for everything except certain RP forums, for some random reason.

Tempest has grown a considerable amount, and I no longer use her name to flame trolls and such, but she does express that I have a more tumultuous side. =) Ooooh, poetic.

Yeah, or I just thought it was purdy.
Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #28
Drago142222
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Drago142222 is meh

i like Dragons but everyone uses the name dragon so i thought i would take away the n

Drago142222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #29
helixD

Fanatic

helixD is meh

I thought I would make a website called helix-designs back in 2003, never panned out but the username stuck. I hate it, so I shortened it to helixD.
YGOTAS Merch http://sharkrobot.com/yugioh-abridged

helixD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #30
Itachi0970

Itachi0970 is meh

Well, itachi means weasel...

Yeah, j/k. First forum I ever joined was a Naruto forum. Never bothered to change anything.
0970 doesn't really mean anything.

I make all my own gfx.

Itachi0970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #31
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

Back when dinosaurs were still sighted roaming the Kansas prairie aka before you were likely born...bohemian was an NYC term I heard describing someone socially hip above the beatniks during the '60's era. So, what the heck, why not? More uplifting than "better off dead" or someone who IDs with objects. Bemused is my usual state of mind at this stage of the game. After all, I am older than dirt.
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #32
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road

My progression of screen names is as followed: sparx60407,Xplayman2541, SergeantRickJames, and finally XIamSogekingX. I have no idea about the numbers but sparx is from Spyro the dragon, Xplayman is from my love for the early days of X-Play, SergeantRickJames stems from my love of sergeant type characters and Rick James is from watching the Rick James bit. Now here is the origin of XIamSogekingX.

One Piece has been one of my favorite animes and the character of Usopp had always interested me because he used his wits instead of relying on brute strength to solve his problems. When he created his super hero personality, Sogeking, I just thought it was the greatest thing ever. It also connects with what video games I play. When I wasn't playing an RPG, I normally played a sniper in an FPS. I always liked sneaking around and trying to out smart your opponent. So I always considered myself a Sogeking and at the same time a fan of the superhero too.

The Xs at each end were just for flair. The I am stems from saying Sogeking with pride. Being able to say I AM SOGEKING is so awesome and it's sort of copied from the University I attend because their big thing is...We Are Marshall. Just being able to say it with pride.

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #33
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

My dad's nick name is Skribby, my brother's name is Binski, my nick name is Scribbles. It's kind of like a family thing actually. And my teachers started calling me it. Kinda creepy actually.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #34
Cerulaine

Fluttershy

Cerulaine is meh

Well...Cerulaine is derived from Cerulean my favorite color and an Irish goddess Aine (Or Anya but Aine is better)

I do not happen to be Irish, I'm mostly Norwegian but I thought of the name and wondered if it had any meaning and found an Irish goddess.

Soon after I made it my sister commented on how she thought I combined my first and middle name which would make you lulz if you knew my first and middle name. :biggrin:
Cerulaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #35
The Eternal Scholar

Every Question Has An Answer

The Eternal Scholar is meh

Well, I had several old screen/nicknames that didn't really fit me. One day I was reading a philosophy book, and my friend said "You're quite the scholar aren't you?". This got me thinking. And one day while playing Tales of Symphonia, I had just gotten the title Eternal Swordsman. That's where I got the idea to make my name The Eternal Scholar, since The Eternal Swordsman would probably get me yelled at or people wouldn't get the reference. So I just made something original. =D

The Eternal Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #36
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche is meh

Mine is very simple, my favorite hockey team in the entire NHL.

And the best team in the whole league =D

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #37
Force-A-Nature
Fan

Force-A-Nature is meh

Force-a-Nature= FaN

Nerdy TF2 thing.

i play dat tee eff two

Force-A-Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #38
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Mine is very simple, my favorite hockey team in the entire NHL.

And the best team in the whole league =D
Sorry, after Roy left that title went back to the Montreal Canadians.

Anyways, Elk once stood for EvilLaughKid(and if you frequented the BnG IRC chat, ElectricLizardKing), I got it in Gr. 6 at the local uni's anime club. After my first viewing of AYBABTU I nearly died of laughter, multiple times, and thanks to my mom's side of the family, when I REALLY get going I have a very unique laugh. So I was known as "The Evil Laughing Kid/Guy" so I ran with it. But once I stopped being a "Kid" I just kept ELK and turned it into a regular name. The Anarcho is an optional modifier because I'm an anarchist, and to diffirentiate more between me and Elc (whose name comes from Arc the Lad I believe)

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
machetecat

machetecat is meh

Back when I was on gaia, my friends and I would chose weapons to "kill" trolls and such on our threads with, and I always went with machete, since it was a bit unusual and it's a funny word. Then I saw one of the AMV hells with the Azumanga Daioh kitties singing "I am the one and only" with their sharp teeth shining and such, and it made laugh and jump at the same time. I loved it so much, a new nickname was born.

My other online nickname is Kyoko, which long story short, I was a weeabo when I was 14, and I looked through a list of Japanese names until I found one I liked enough to use as a nickname. It's been 8-9 years since, and after all that time it's all but become my second name now. ^ ^;

Last edited by machetecat; 03-18-2010 at 03:03 PM.
machetecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #40
Camajak
Fan

Camajak is on a distinguished road

When I was roughly 10 years old, I was REALLY into Neopets. So, I wanted to create a reaaaallly original name, something that sounded cool.
After a few tries, I came up with Cama, I think from the series with the girl with a photographic memory they call Cam? I don't remember the series. Ahaha.
Anyway, I had that. then, I kinda screwed around with random letters, and I came up with Cama-Jack.
There's at least 7 Acara Neopets (My favorite Neopet) Floating around with variations of this name.
Eventually, I dropped the hyphen and the c. So, Camajak was born! Kinda goes along with my real name, which is Jamilyn. LOL. And it's fun that Camajak isn't found ANYWHERE on the internet, unless it's from me. Cama is even difficult to find. :)
Anyway, that's how I got my username, which I use almost everywhere, and it's stuck for roughly 7 years now ^.^

Camajak is offline   Reply With Quote