Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
tombhex

tombhex is meh
Talking A New Challenger Awaits!

Hey everyone!

I'm Adam. I'm 26, and I'm a graphic designer living in Chicago, Illinois and working in the suburbs.

I like writing and playing music (if anyone wants to start a chiptune band, even if it's over the internet, PLEASE LET ME KNOW), playing Magic: The Gathering, reading, comics, anime, etc. I used to be really into videogames, but my interest in that has waned over the past few years.

I've always liked and watched anime (anything and everything Gundam, Accel World, Mushishi, GaoGaiGar, Total Eclipse, My Little Sister, Evangelion, etc – mostly mecha-based stuff) but I'm relatively new to the culture and community. My first immersion into the community was this year's ACEN (AnimeCentral) con in Chicago. My girlfriend and I took her little brother and I had so much fun that it completely revitalized my love for the finer (nerdier) things in life. I cosplayed a Hiker from Pokemon Red for the first two days and Krillin from DBZ for the last, and since then I've been hooked on the idea of cosplay and helping people with costumes. I finally got over my apprehension about building models and started on some Gundam Gunpla, which are really helping me understand shapes and forms with building a Zaku II costume. I'm now absolutely obsessed with Gunpla, even though I'm still a beginner.

I actually found the site when searching for help finding materials for mecha cosplay, where I stumbled upon MechaGirl's thread "Diary of a Mecha Cosplayer" where she starts to build a helmet for a MachWindy cosplay from Iron Leaguer. I dug through a huge amount of threads on the site and decided I want to be a part of your community!

So here I am, happy to be here! I hope you'll have me!

tombhex is offline   Reply With Quote