91.8 The Fan

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #41
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Well, both DMC and Bayonetta are also action games though.
Mm, well that's true but.. I still think that it shouldn't take away from the game 'that' much, ya know?

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #42
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llian View Post
Mm, well that's true but.. I still think that it shouldn't take away from the game 'that' much, ya know?
Well, they're no RPGs, and at least I can look around for stuff.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #43
Llian

Type 1 Go

Bahumbuck! I think there's more to the game other than walking around on a big map with the possibility of getting lost (and you will get lost) for hours on end. >_>

Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #44
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Well, yeah, but there is also more to a game than just a story, specially in Final Fantasy's genre of RPG.

Since there aren't any actual towns, I don't presume there are any side quests, which even games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII managed to pump out.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #45
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I can't decide whether or not to purchase this game, although the $60 price bothers me, and the wildly believed "price drop he should follow in a month's times or so"
But it looks so darn pretteh

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #46
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Since there aren't any actual towns, I don't presume there are any side quests, which even games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII managed to pump out.
Twenty to thirty hours in there are side-quests. The thing people are complaining about is how linear it is up until that point.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #47
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Twenty to thirty hours in there are side-quests. The thing people are complaining about is how linear it is up until that point.
Which is the 50% line, so around 20-25 hours till you get to any.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #48
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
Despite the Japanese market, I've taken note that in America the Xbox is King and PS3 is the Jester while in Japan it's the complete opposite.
I honestly think FF13 will do well here, and I don't expect a dramatic price drop for the game until a year or so from now.
All I know is...
It won't be all Sugar and Rainbows after this
-shot-

points to anyone who gets that
well actually... its not quite like that when it comes to comparing japan and the US,

in japan, the 360 is almost non-existent, its a failed product, microsoft isnt even offering XBox live anymore since noone wants the system, the game stores are offering ¥500 for a used 360 elite since they cant sell them... BRAND NEW 360 games are in the bargain bin for ¥500... thats pretty bad if you ask me...

over here in the US, its leaning a good amount towards the 360, but the PS3 still has a good hold on the market and is expanding slowly. its not like the PS3 is out of contention and noone wants it. it has a strong user base here in the US.

but enough about that. looking at how some gamestores (it ends with "stop") are still selling a bunch of old games at the full $60 price... i dunno if the price on such a big title as FF13 is going to drop anytime in the next 5 years, at least for a "certain" gamestore...

i dunno... im going to be borrowing it from a friend of mine who is buying it, i dont have money to throw around for brand new games.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #49
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post
well actually... its not quite like that when it comes to comparing japan and the US,

in japan, the 360 is almost non-existent, its a failed product, microsoft isnt even offering XBox live anymore since noone wants the system, the game stores are offering ¥500 for a used 360 elite since they cant sell them... BRAND NEW 360 games are in the bargain bin for ¥500... thats pretty bad if you ask me...

over here in the US, its leaning a good amount towards the 360, but the PS3 still has a good hold on the market and is expanding slowly. its not like the PS3 is out of contention and noone wants it. it has a strong user base here in the US.

but enough about that. looking at how some gamestores (it ends with "stop") are still selling a bunch of old games at the full $60 price... i dunno if the price on such a big title as FF13 is going to drop anytime in the next 5 years, at least for a "certain" gamestore...

i dunno... im going to be borrowing it from a friend of mine who is buying it, i dont have money to throw around for brand new games.
looks like I know what I'm picking up when I go to Japan

Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #50
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
looks like I know what I'm picking up when I go to Japan
oh... one note... the japanese 360s are PAL, so you cant play US games on them since the US format is NTSC i believe... so the cheapo 360 cant even read US games, plus im not sure they will allow you on XBox live... since they are suspending service for Japan soon. plus... what happens when it RRoDs? you cant really send it in to get it repaired... haha... plus its not like you can buy the games in japan for cheap since u have to mod ur US 360 to play them... and M$ will permaban your 360 if they detect any modding whatsoever... just lots of things to think about...

but if u buy it in japan and get a ton of games... it would be an ok investment i guess, no online interaction, but a bunch of cheap 360 games for your single console enjoyment... though im not sure they are even going to release new 360 games in japan anymore...

its a sure shot with FF13 though... if you can read japanese, by all means go over there and buy the game and system for like $30 or something, since well... in japan, FF13 is like ¥1500 or something.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #51
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post

Okay, like, no....Yeah....

Quote:
oh... one note... the japanese 360s are PAL,
No, they're NTSC-J. There is pretty much a 50% compatibility rate with NTSC-U games.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #52
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Thors swings Mjöllnir
Oni swing Arrogant Truth
lol

don't take it too personally Oni
Regardless, what does everyone think? for the 360 or PS3?

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 03-03-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #53
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Thors swings Mjöllnir
Oni swing Arrogant Truth
lol

don't take it too personally Oni
Regardless, what does everyone think? for the 360 or PS3?
Arrogance? It was hard to disprove such information. On another note, I'm not a 360 fan, so what's arrogance got to do with this?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #54
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

oiy Oni... nevermind...

Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #55
Llian

Type 1 Go

Hey guys...watch it. Let's nip this at the bud and get on with our wonderful lives shall we?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #56
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

>_> ok... well i got some of the information wrong, since i dont own a J-360

but that paragraph you highlighted in your analysis of my statement stands true, ask around japan... look at the trends of japan as of now...

w/e you believe what you want man... to each their own reality.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 AM   #57
Oni
Banhammer'd

Alrighty, I think you were aiming for 5,000 yen though. I doubt they'd be sold at US$5 (500 yen).

Also, I did link you to a trend. Japanese gamers are buying lots of games off of Xbox Live, as of early January. That negates Live being pulled from Japan.

Hell, if that was the state of the Xbox there, Japanese developers wouldn't bother, would they?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #58
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
Alrighty, I think you were aiming for 5,000 yen though. I doubt they'd be sold at US$5 (500 yen).

Also, I did link you to a trend. Japanese gamers are buying lots of games off of Xbox Live, as of early January. That negates Live being pulled from Japan.

Hell, if that was the state of the Xbox there, Japanese developers wouldn't bother, would they?
im really sorry man... but i have some evidence to show the decline of the 360 in japan...
im not saying its a bad system or anything... its just its a doomed console in japan if it goes at the rate its at at this point... and microsoft pays a handsome sum of money to make games 360 exclusive (only for 360 for a year or something like that), so with such and incentive, many developers have taken that money to further develop their games for their PS3 versions, IE: Namco, SquareEnix (Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope) but at this point, with the 360 in decline in japan, they are not as willing to risk not making enough sales because of the anger it causes the fans of certain series and other reasons.

a bit of a mistake was made on my part, M$ is stopping original XBOX live service, not 360. but you will no longer be able to play original xbox games online, nor get any support for them.

stories:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...l-humiliation/
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/1...se-completely/
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/1...es-plummet-70/
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...-worth-only-5/
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...-live-service/
Sources(google translated):
http://translate.google.com/translat...F51513496.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...%2F346248.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...8790_1124.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...F51624052.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...age_100205.htm

I know some of them are not from 100% reputable sources... but some of them are obviously reliable, but im sure the fact that games that are pretty much brand new being in the bargain bin is a bad sign when there is a 50% markdown on price or more... and im pretty sure the Famitsu source can be trusted... well... since its FAMITSU...

for all original x-box owners and owners of online multiplayer original xbox games, my sympathies... you will officially no longer have X-Box live for original xbox games starting on April 15, 2010. (that means that you wont be able to play Halo 2 online)

im just throwing what ive seen out there, but this conversation should be taken elsewhere. should be about FF13 here... which i still plan on "trying it out" (borrowing from my friend when hes done with it).

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Last edited by Elc1247; 03-09-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #59
Oni
Banhammer'd

But...the original Xbox Live service is also being ceased in April of this year in the west, so I have no idea why that is relevant. Hell, one of your link's confirms this. It's most likely a business decision, all online services are discontinued eventually.

Also, I'm really sorry man, but one store's decision =/= every store's decision. And a 50% markdown isn't based upon US sales prices, games there most likely cost around 10,000 yen.

And yes, a topic should be made for this.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #60
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
But...the original Xbox Live service is also being ceased in April of this year in the west, so I have no idea why that is relevant. Hell, one of your link's confirms this. It's most likely a business decision, all online services are discontinued eventually.

Also, I'm really sorry man, but one store's decision =/= every store's decision. And a 50% markdown isn't based upon US sales prices, games there most likely cost around 10,000 yen.

And yes, a topic should be made for this.
why must you persist... ive made it clear in my last post i made a mistake sir... and games in japan are usually ¥6000-¥8000 or so, its a bit more than in the USA, and about how much its worth in your Australia sir, having games like Prince of Persia which only came out a few months at most ago, go for ¥1500 is pretty bad sir... though i may have overstated how cheap the games are, it still does not change the fact that sales are sharply dropping and that overall, the japanese attitude on the 360 is not that great.

thats it, thats all im going to say on this topic, more from you and i would consider it trolling. thank you very much.

now... on to FF13, i wonder how the 360 FF13 set looks like... i believe the game is on 3 disks? ive only seen one other game with that many disks on the 360... and thats SO4. and too bad the game isnt just on 1 disk... less of a hassle if it was. i remember having to swap out disks whenever i wanted to travel in SO4, which was a bad decision on the game developers part >_> why couldnt they have the last disk contain all the locations you can get to in the end? like in FF 7 and 8... well i might have heard that it installs on the HD enough to not require frequent disk swapping for FF13 on 360... but i dunno where i heard that if i did at all... plus its a bit dubious if its even necessary given the reported amount of linearity the game supposedly has... oh well... we shall see shortly how things work out. ah... maybe it will remind me of the old days of the PS1... i expected the whole "multidisk game experience" to die with the current gen of game consoles but i guess i was wrong...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Last edited by Elc1247; 03-09-2010 at 02:52 AM.