Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Alice: Madness Returns

I was kinda disappointed to find there isn't a thread on this game. It seems like in a lot of places American McGee's Alice sequel was flat out ignored. It's a little sad too since critics seem to pan it as highly repetitive and shallow, but all things considered I can't really understand the foundation of that opinion.

I finished this a few weeks ago, and I'm taking my time playing it again for all the collectibles. I'm not skipping a single cutscene or finding myself annoyed playing again, but again I play for about an hour or two a day. The world feels expansive despite how little you can explore of it, every area has interesting things just to look at, which sucks me into the game itself. I love the way Alice is animated and I feel like the control scheme is fairly solid.

I've seen one or two graphical glitches, but nothing to really hinder my experience. I just find myself consistently thinking about the game, the story, and world. I don't know what exactly drags me into it, but I'm not complaining.

If you're looking for something new to play (regardless of if you've played the original) I highly recommend this one.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Alice: Madness Returns

Well as for me I have play this game but for PC an let me tell you that the graphics are way better for the version than those of the Xbox360 and PS3 but still the way the game plays and the story makes this one of the best games I have ever play cause it takes the story of alice in a new twist that drags you more in the game...

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
cdoublejj

cdoublejj is a splendid one to behold cdoublejj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alice: Madness Returns

Aauuuhhhhh, I love American McGee's Alice! My buddy and I played the original last year or maybe the year before [it's been a while] and I remember the whole time we couldn't stop thinking/saying "How the hell did we not know about this game?"

I still the need to finish the first to the end but, I have playing through Madness Returns. It's beautiful I love the art work, some times I just sit and stare at some of the of the scenes for minutes on end. The Graphics and art work are truly awesome.

Game play keeps me on my toes for sure, I play the game every now and then as I often get stuck at difficult parts but, for the most part it plays well.

The only con is it's a broken p.o.s. port at times and from what I might guess, part of the problem may actually be that the DRM doesn't play nicely and causes a number of glitches. There may even be some discussions on Steam forums about that. I really wish it had been optimized and debugged a bit more because that would have really helped cement this as great game. However I most definitely still enjoy the game.

Another not so crucial con is there is no collector's Edition on Steam, the collectors edition comes with the remastered original, If any thing I'd like to have the original steam.

Last edited by cdoublejj; 09-21-2012 at 10:53 PM.
cdoublejj is offline   Reply With Quote