You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #11
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh
Re: Do you buy your anime DVDs as boxsets or volumes?

The problem i find with individual DVD boxes is the fact that many times, you end up missing one or two volumes, which is further more annoying because of the higher prices you have to pay for just a single disk with only a few episodes on it.
I dunno... paying the standard oldschool $20USD for a single disk with 4 eps on it is REALLY pushing it, thats $5/episode, when you can pay $35 for the entire series of 24 eps, which gets to about $1.45 an episode, you get the same exact episodes, you may miss out on a few extras, but hey, instead of paying $120 for a 24 ep series, you pay $35, if a 70% discount isnt attractive... then you either crap gold bricks or dont know how to spot an amazing deal. Even if you get the single disks at $10 a pop, its still $60 for the series... as compared to some of the box set prices out there... its still not a great deal.

You know what would be amazing? if anime companies released SUBBED only versions of box sets, think about it. It cuts costs by very large amount due to the lack of any need to pay a junkload for the subbing work. I would jump on that in an instant. I almost NEVER pay attention to dubs, I think that anything made in any language should be kept that way, whether its anime or a sitcom or a movie. Japanese anime should be kept Japanese, Hollywood movies should be kept in English, Bollywood movies should be kept in Hindi, Mexican soaps should be kept in Spanish, etc. subtitles are for people that do not have the ability to understand the language (IE I cant fully understand Japanese... yet...), where it allows the watcher to still be somewhat immersed in the overall mood of the piece in question since the structure of the language is important and is nearly impossible to replicate in other languages with the same effect, or people who are hearing impaired.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Last edited by Elc1247; 04-29-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote