You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #101
luigimeister

91.8 Staff

luigimeister is meh
Re: Sub Vs Dub which do you like

I like both subs and dubs since I usually turn on the captions on things whenever their available. I think this might stem from watching shows late at night, and not wanting to wake people up back when I didn't own a pair of headphones.

luigimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #102
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

There are good dubs, and there are good subs, likewise there are terrible dubs, and there are terrible subs. It mostly goes with preference, but I will go with dubbed, mostly because I like my anime to be comedic, and I don't get a whole lot of Japanese humor. I love my action anime, but even then dubbed have always for some reason been very epic, probably because I can find out who the voice actors are a bit more clearly. Baccano is a great dub, and I prefer it than the subbed, which is equally good. On a reverse although I love the dub of Durarara, there are certain aspects that the subbed only can get, because it is set in Tokyo, and set in a scenario where accents, and Japanese norms make sense to use, which don't translate good into an English audience.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #103
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh

This topic is the one I always give a straight answer: Both, not one or the other

I am hard of hearing and sometimes confirming the English dubs with subtitles if whenever possible (I don't have problems like this with Spanish dubs when watching them in Mexico). If subtitles are the only way to go then by means it is there. I can pick out some bad subs with context and meaning such as the infamous "People die if they are killed" line. Dubs I have no problems unless they take drastic measures to alter a storyline like Ghost Stories by ADV which I think was below average than the originally scripted version.
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #104
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

I normally prefer listening in Japanese while reading English subtitles. The only real problem I've had with this is when the subtitles are only shown for a split-second before being replaced. It's only after losing too much of the storyline through vanishing subs that I give up and go to a dubbed version, if available.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #105
ShadowSmidge

ShadowSmidge is meh

I like dubs because I can sit there and say "Oh, Its that Guy from This and its So-and-So from That." but over the years, I've gotten used to subs so either ways fine with me. I don't really have a preference on it.

ShadowSmidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #106
KrazyKook

KrazyKook is meh

I like them both! ^^ A good dub for when I'm ready to just sit back and relax, not having to read or anything. A good sub for when I'm ready for the full original fun adventure. ;P I am also very big into comparisons.. So I've pretty much seen the dub and sub for every anime I like. I find it fun to compare them in many ways. Such as in how well the cast was roled, voices, what was cut when it was brought over to dub, etc. ^^
KrazyKook is offline   Reply With Quote