Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Parthmakeo

Parthmakeo is on a distinguished road
Warcraft Mangas Reviews (Various series)

As a person who loves mangas, i was surprised when i heard that Blizzard was releasing Warcraft Mangas. They are not done releasing them but i would love to say what i think about the series they released and without spoiling too much. I may shorten the review as i just want to review by series.

Manga: Warcraft, The Sunwell Trilogy

Volumes: Three (or the Ultimate Edition which is big. And i mean BIG.)

Story: It tells the tale of Kalecgos, a Blue Dragon, In search of the Sunwell's power to restore it. He is rescued by a girl called Anveena. The story also introduces up to other characters including Lor'themar Theron (Bloodelf faction leader), Sylvanas Windrunner (Undead Faction leader), and Dar'Khan Drathir (Who is a level 21 Elite Mob for a quest in Ghostlands).

Review: Since i have the Ultimate Edition, i have a bit more to include. First, the book looks huge and may look awkward among the other mangas but the art is big as well. Some extra goodies include a mini manga of the birth of the Sunwell, a back story of World of Warcraft, and some extra art in the back. The story itself was interesting and the tauren, Trag Highmountain, will have his own story in the next manga series. What made this story seem good was the connection it has to the Burning Crusade Expansion to Wow. When the manga was released, Patch 2.4 included both Kalecgos and Aveena (though she is at the end of the raid dungeon). I do like the art style of this manga as it made the story more serious.

Rating: 7/10 Non-Warcraft Player. 8.5/10 for Warcraft Player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manga: Warcraft Legends

Volumes: five

Story and review: This time it is various stories as each manga is a collaboration. There are two 2 part stories and a four part about Crag from the previous manga. Each story has different themes or revolves around a certain character. from Volume one, The story called "An Honest Trade" is about a Dwarf hailing from Thorium Point and moves to the Goblin city of Booty Bay to sell his blades that people nearly kill themselves to see before the move. In Volume Two, "Family Values" gives you a different look on the first warcraft game. It happens when the Orcs drank the Demons blood and went to kill there former allies, The Draenei. One orc saves a small Draenei girl from death. The Third has a nice tale about the best hunter in all of Azeroth, Hemet Nesingwary. a hunter walks into a bar and lies about a big kill he did without a trap. When Nesingwary inspected the cat, He starts to tell him that he was a coward and tells a story about three Frostsaber Cubs he had to protect from five low life hunters. The fourth has two stories and a two part that talks about Thrall's mother, Daraka. The fifth was my most favorite as the story "A Cleansing Fire" Gave us a better understanding of the Headless Horseman in Wow (sadly that one i will not talk about as it is too good for me.). One day i might review each story in more detail but from above, you get the basic idea.

Rating: 8/10 Non-Wow, 9.5/10 Wow player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manga: World of Warcraft Death Knight.

Single Volume series.
Now before i review it, i will clear this up now. Unless you play World Of Warcraft and made a Death Knight or seen the guy in-game. It may be mysterious to everyone.

story: It tells the story of Thassaria, Alliance Death Knight, and his past. What led up to him being a Death Knight and what happens after they have been freed from Arthas.

Review: Not much to review, although i do like some moments in the manga and how they were drawn (like the guard spitting on Thassarian).

Rating: If you want to read about his past 7.5/10. If you don't, pass it.

there is another called Mage (it was alright) and the next one is Shaman. I also have the sequel to The Sunwell Trilogy called "Shadow Wing" but i have yet to start reading it.

I do recommend picking up the Warcraft Legends series as you don't need that much knowledge of warcraft to understand the meaning or some jokes.

I am a Zombie in this place.
Slow but still alive! (somewhat)

Parthmakeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: Warcraft Mangas Reviews (Various series)

Interesting. I always enjoyed the Warcraft lore, and found it one of the bright points of the series. I might have to go find some of these...they sound rather awesome.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Nice review. +1 rep.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Animebaum

Animebaum is meh

Jubilee did you ever play wow, because if you did cataclysm is coming out with a new secondary skill call acheology which is all about getting into the lore of warcraft. It's gunna be awsome @.@
Animebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road

Very nice review D:!

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animebaum View Post
Jubilee did you ever play wow, because if you did cataclysm is coming out with a new secondary skill call acheology which is all about getting into the lore of warcraft. It's gunna be awsome @.@
Yes Indeed! It does sound quite awesome...I'm happy they changed it up to more so suite its secondary skill status. I think that this makes it less required...but more optional, but awesome nonetheless.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road

I have to be honest, the novels didn't really look appealing to me, even though I am well established with the lore of the Warcraft universe. Your review actually made me think twice about maybe picking one of these up. Thanks for the short synopsis. ^^

((Oh, by the way, I CANNOT wait for Cataclysm!))

twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Parthmakeo

Parthmakeo is on a distinguished road

I forgot to add that i indeed love the lore too...not just about the world but that it's so BIG!
It could very well be like Our world length if it was a game.
You can see all kinds of information over at Wowwwiki.com.

I am a Zombie in this place.
Slow but still alive! (somewhat)

Parthmakeo is offline   Reply With Quote