You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh
Recipes For The Restless

well kinda curious on what kinda food that you guys prepare and would like to find out some of the crazy recipes you guys use . . .. . ill go first ....
Chicken Ginger Soup

1 Whole chicken
12 cups water or till chicken is fully submerged
1 each hand of ginger
1 each bulb garlic
1 each celery sock
8 each bunches of bok choy
TT salt and pepper
1 Pot of Rice ... i goes real well with this soup :D

First
you get a pot fill it up with water,bring water to a boil. while that is going on clean and wash your chicken. then put i in he pot.

Second
Once i is brought to a boil turn the stove to medium high, add salt and pepper then cover with a lid.

Third
While the chicken is cooking this is when you prep the veggies, take your garlic and give it a fine mince then set aside in a bowl, after that peel the ginger and mince it like you did the garlic and add it to the same bowl.

Now that the chicken has been cooking for a few mins its time to check it. there should be some foam on the top, take a slotted spoon and skim off all he impurities in a bowl and throw away. When doing this it makes your soups come out clear without it looking murky. when that is all done cover the pot again and turn the heat down to medium.
important you want to do this about every half hour or so

Fourth
Now its time to clean and cut the bok choy. Take the bok choy bunches and cut the dirty bottom parts and peel off the leaves like a banana peel and set them in a colander, once you have all your bok choy in the colander begin to rinse them until all the dirty is no longer visible. when this is done set the bok choy in a bowl for later use.

Fifth

The chicken should be cooked till the point that it practically falls off the bone. when it has come to this point take the chicken and set it in a sheet pan or bowl big enough to put in. Let the chicken rest for about 10 to 15 mins. while the chicken is out of the pot turn off the stove. once the chicken is cool enough to work with start to pull off all the meat and set it in a bowl. once the chicken is shredded you can put it back in the pot . If the length of the chicken isnt what you desire you can chop up the chicken into small pieces.

Once the shredded chicken is back in the pot turn the stove back on to medium , add the ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper. once it is brought to a boil again add the bok choy and cover it. while this is going on its time to wash and cut the celery. First trim off the bottom of the stock and the top if the celery has a bit of white stuff on top. then begin to cut it in small or medium dice depending on how big you want it. By the time this is done take the lid off the soup stir it a bit , then add the celery. once the celery is in turn the stove down to low cover the soup back up again.

Sixth
Once the celery is cooked enough to your liking turn off the stove and DIG IN

Over all you want to time it just right when you add the bok choy and celery ... you don want to over cook either of them just enough so it wont be all soggy.

chefofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road
Re: Recipes For The Restless

Actually, that sounds fantastic! I'll have to give that a shot when I get my kitchen back. I'll get back to you with how it turns out.
I think I have a few recipes buried away in storage. You'll just have to wait a couple of weeks :P

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollybibbles View Post
I think I have a few recipes buried away in storage. You'll just have to wait a couple of weeks :P
heh good luck in finding stuff in a storage i know how long it takes .... then u get sidetracked when u start finding other things of interest

Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
hounddog

91.8 Staff

hounddog is meh

I let mr. hounddog do the cooking...he's a lot better at it than me. :) I do the baking. Here's an awesome cupcake recipe:

Root Beer Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes

For the cake:
1 cup root beer (not diet)
1/2 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg

For the frosting:
1 ounce 60% cocoa, melted
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons - 1/4 cup root beer

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar

To make the cake:

Preheat even to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.

In a small saucepan, heat the root beer, cocoa powder and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugars and whisk until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.

In a small bowl whisk the eggs until just beaten. Then whisk into the cocoa mixture until combined. Gently fold the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Don’t over beat the batter or it could cause the cake to be tough. The batter is very loose.

Pour the batter into the pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full and cook 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the frosting:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using an electric hand mixer, beat softened butter and cocoa powder. Once combined add the melted chocolate, salt, powdered sugar and root beer. Beat together until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cupcakes.

91.8: The HoundBlog...sugar and spice and everything awesome!

Episode 8: “Meow! Let’s break into Kanemasa and wage war MEOW!”

hounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Speaking of Cake!
This is not my recipe...it is Ina Garten's...But it is so delicious

Coconut Cake
Ingredients
3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pans
2 cups sugar
5 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup milk
4 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
For the frosting:
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
6 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans, then line them parchment paper. Grease them again and dust lightly with flour.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until light yellow and fluffy. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl once during mixing. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. The mixture might look curdled; don't be concerned.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula.

Pour the batter evenly into the 2 pans and smooth the top with a knife. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until the tops are browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.

For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extract on low speed. Add the confectioners' sugar and mix until just smooth (don't whip!).

To assemble, place 1 layer on a flat serving plate, top side down, and spread with frosting. Place the second layer on top, top side up, and frost the top and sides. To decorate the cake, sprinkle the top with coconut and lightly press more coconut onto the sides. Serve at room temperature.

Last edited by Jubilee; 08-18-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh

oo those sound very good to bad i cant bake

Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
hounddog

91.8 Staff

hounddog is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Speaking of Cake!
This is not my recipe...it is Ina Garten's...But it is so delicious
omg I love her stuff! As a person she bugs me a little, but the things she makes are SO GOOD.

91.8: The HoundBlog...sugar and spice and everything awesome!

Episode 8: “Meow! Let’s break into Kanemasa and wage war MEOW!”

hounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Oh Yes!

Her and Rachel Ray are probably my two favorites on Food Network...

A few of her things are a little...How do I say it...over the top...

But the things she bakes are out of this world

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
ClearMetalVoltar
Fan

ClearMetalVoltar is meh

that looks really good chef! i'll eat anything with garlic and/or onions

and houndogs recipe looks interesting and complicated. im going to print these out and try them after i recieve my paycheck
ClearMetalVoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
chefofdeath
Fan

chefofdeath is meh

i get sick of watchen foodnetwork ive seem almost everything that they show