You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
JinnRemona
Fan

JinnRemona will become famous soon enough
Battle for 91.8 The Fan - Chapter 1: Recruitment

The city of merchants, Estis, was alive with the bustling sounds of people buying, selling and trading good and services for a price. Mixed into this loud commotion, the sounds of battle rang out the closer to the large colliseum you got. Today was the day the monthly tournament took place, and because this was a place where everyone could come peacefully to trade without worry of war, both sides of the warring nations used this tournament as a place to recruit potential soldiers to their cause. The main reason for this place being a recruitment round, was the lure of battle, fame and wealth made it so nearly all warriors came to the arena at least once in their lifetimes.

Two contestants walked into the simple sand covered arena where most of the battles took place, ready to fight the other into submission. The announcer, perched above the battle on a platform above one of the entrances into the arena, began to speak, "Welcome one and all, to yet another thrilling fight between two warriors, here to test their skills against one another! Before you eyes, in this very battlefield, these warriors will fight until their opponent either gives up, or is unable to continue fighting. Now, let me introduce the warriors. Coming from the entrance below me. The young female many thought was joking when she asked to participate, and one many claim won't win today's match. Introducing, Kisa Janelle Torren!" The audience erupted in both cheers and boo's, most cheering for the one they bet money on. Kisa slowly walked out of the dark tunnel and into the brightly illuminated arena, squinting as her eyes adjusted to the light. "Coming from the entrance opposite me, a giant brute of a man, who is surprisingly a beginner in these tournaments himself! Everyone yell your loudest for the fan favourite in this fight, only known by the name, Orson!" Orson walked fast and steady out of the entrance, his long legs making his strides long. Stopping just as he entered the arena, Orson pulls a large club off his back and slams it into the ground, sending a shockwave of dust across the entire arena. "Let the battle commence!" yelled the announcer as the audience starting screaming out towards their chosen fighter.

Kisa was the first one to take action once the match began, dashing quickly at Orson, her cutlass held gingerly in her hand. Eyes focused on the approaching target, Orson raised his club high above his head, and swung downwards towards Kisa immediately when she came within range of the club. Hitting the ground and slidding between his legs, barely avoiding being hit by the club, Kisa easily bounced to her feet, and in one swift movement, kicked Orson between the legs, sending a wave of pain to ripple through his body. Taking it like a man, Orson spun on his ankle and slammed the club into Kisa's side, taking her by surprise and sending her sprawling across the ground in pain. Trodding slowly towards his target, Orson perched his club up on his shoulder. "You are definately an agile little girl. Moving so easily to attack me from behind. But it looks like my club put you in your place." said Orson, stopping just beside her.

Pulling herself onto all fours, Kisa looked up at Orson. "Stay still. I'll end this now, and let you rest." said Orson as he quickly raised his club above his head yet again and slammed it down, causing an explosion of rock and dust to burst into the air, blocking everone's field of vision. Just before the club struck, Kisa transformed quickly into her dog form, bursting away from danger quickly just as the club hit the ground, and vanishing into the confusion, rushing towards her cutlass on the ground where she was originally hit. Taking the handle of the blade in her mouth as she dashed by, Kisa rushed back at Orson while the dust was still hovering in the air, and transformed mid-dash, and jumped at Orson, swinging and cutting the tendon's on the top part of his elbows, making it nearly impossible for him to use his arms. Landing, just as the audience and announcer began to regain their vision over the fighters, silence fell as they looked upon the scene, wondering what had happened.

"What a turn of events! Kisa, who before was on the ground in pain, has somehow retrieved her weapon and struck back at Orson, dealing out serious damage to the giant." yelled the announcer just as Orson dropped his club, unable to carry it with his arms in the condition they were in. Orson looked around, and calmly began to leave the battlefield, accepting defeat instead of pushing on with no means of defence. Taking a sigh of relief as the announcer called her name as the victor, Kisa rubbed the giant bruise across the right side of her body where the club had slammed into her, and slowly made her way out of the arena. Looking down at the battle, two figures watched from a exclusive spot above the rest of the audience. "These fighters are talented, and both are rather intelligent." said a devilish voice from beneath his hood. "Yes, and I rather admire the females ability in the heat of all that chaos, to incapacitate her opponent instead of going for a killblow." said a kind and gentle, womanly voice, almost the completely opposite of the person she was talking to. "I disagree. To take complete advantage over the battle to kill your opponent, is a skill not many have." the man said, looking towards the door to this area, and as if reading his mind, a cloaked figured entered. "Go and recruit that man. What was his name? Orson? We'll see what we can do with him." said the man, as the cloaked figure vanished through the doorway he had just entered. "This has been fun, but I'm heading back. Let's hope we don't meet again outside of this arena." The women let out a laugh, that felt out of place after the blatant threat she just received. "Yes. Let's hope we don't." said the girl as she stood up, and leaned over the railing, eyes locked on Kisa until she was out of sight.

"So what are you in for this time?" said Jinn Remona, standing in the medical wing of the main military building in the Kingdom of Euphanthene. Jinn was the the official doctor of the kingdom, usually being the first on the scene to handle the serious injuries in battle, or when no other doctor was around, the regular injuries. Sitting on a nearby bed in front of Jinn, Katanashi Jesus Maxwell frowned down as the doctor examined the large gash going from the middle of his chest to the top of his shoulder. "I was training, and having a few drinks. It was going perfectly fine, until I fell on one of my swords." said Katanashi, his eyes completely unfocused. Jinn sighed lightly, opening a jar of water of the nearby desk. "I've warned you on countless occasions that your drinking problem would continue to get in the way of your usual training. Do you listen? Most of the time. No." said Jinn, the water flowing out of the jar, and following Jinn's hand like a stream, and Jinn focused the water around the wound. The wound quickly began to stitch itself together. "I'll warn you again this time as well. This wound was very close to causing serious damage to you." said Jinn, and within a few short minutes, the wound was completely sealed shut, and Jinn released the remaining water around the wound. "Alright, you're set. Now get out of here." said Jinn, as he returned to his desk nearby. "Thanks doc. Say. You wouldn't happen to have some extra water laying around, would you?" said Katanashi as he headed for the door. "Yeah. So you can injure yourself again? Get out of here before I have to call on the Fuhrer to handle you." said Jinn quickly, and in responce, Katanashi's hand instinctively moved up and rubbed the top of his head. "Alright doc, I get the message. I'm off." Jinn sighed as Katanashi left. "Let's hope the Fuhrer is safe in returning here from her recent travels." said Jinn, continuing the work he was doing before Katanashi showed up.

Side effects of reading the above post may include nausea, headaches, itchiness, impotence, temporary blindness, weakness in knees, mild pregnancy, and a loss of faith in humanity. If death occurs, consult a mortician.

Last edited by JinnRemona; 08-06-2010 at 10:26 PM.
JinnRemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Drago142222
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Drago142222 is meh
Re: Battle for 9.18 The Fan - Chapter 1: Recruitment

wow that was really good for the first chapter

Drago142222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
grimdefeat

Fan

grimdefeat is on a distinguished road

i just had a major nerdgasm

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

Can't wait for chapter 2!

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!

Lite is on a distinguished road

Liking this already, nice work Jinn! More please! :3

Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold

Moar Boar wants Moar

Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
Camajak
Fan

Camajak is on a distinguished road

Oh my GOSH. I was almost jumping up and down! You did an amazing job, I haven't seen a story like this in such a long time! Amazing, everything is amazing, can't WAIT for chapter 2! This is going to be absolutely amazing, Jinn, absolutely amazing :)

Camajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
yugiboy360

yugiboy360 is meh

like I said before Jinn it is win.

yugiboy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
JinnRemona
Fan

JinnRemona will become famous soon enough

Well, It's good to know everyone liked it. ^-^
Side effects of reading the above post may include nausea, headaches, itchiness, impotence, temporary blindness, weakness in knees, mild pregnancy, and a loss of faith in humanity. If death occurs, consult a mortician.

JinnRemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

I give it two thumbs up, and I eagerly await the next chapter!

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Chris

asdf

Chris is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Can't wait for chapter 2!

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/918TheFanChris
Add me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/918TheFanChris

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #12
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I give it two thumbs up, and I eagerly await the next chapter!
I Eaglely await it too
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I give it a Zeta Gundam out of Universal Century.

Good work!

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Rocco
Fan

Rocco is a splendid one to behold Rocco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
I Eaglely await it too
Did sombody say eagerly awaiting the next chapter??

It was awesome Jinn!
Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
Camajak
Fan

You know, I just realized that Homie Jiraiya hasn't been here yet to complain about his character being beaten by a sweet little girl.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camajak View Post
You know, I just realized that Homie Jiraiya hasn't been here yet to complain about his character being beaten by a sweet little girl.
Sweet little girl? You mean mutant dog thing.

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
Camajak
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow View Post
Sweet little girl? You mean mutant dog thing.
See that girl in the purple? CUTE LITTLE GIRL

See this dog? STILL A CUTE DOG

Last edited by Camajak; 08-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
Drago142222
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Drago142222 is meh

lololol Awesome

Drago142222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #19
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!

Lite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camajak View Post
See that girl in the purple? CUTE LITTLE GIRL

See this dog? STILL A CUTE DOG

Face it Camajak. You're as bad as a Wolfs now. Tut tut.

...xD

Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #20
Camajak
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite View Post
Face it Camajak. You're as bad as a Wolfs now. Tut tut.

...xD
A what? >.>

Tags
chapter one