Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Dokuro

I know that not many people will be playing this game, but that's why I want to make a thread on it to better promote it... because it's fantastic.

The story itself is pretty simple. There's a Dark Lord who has captured a princess and you're the skeleton minion that watches over her. You fall in love with her at first sight despite her being unable to notice you, and you let her go. From here you have to help guide her through two hundred and fifty levels (from what I know).

At this point the game becomes a puzzle game where your mission is to keep away baddies, block spikes so she doesn't walk into them, etc. The puzzles are quite clever and as you go on you get certain chalk mechanics. Such as connecting a box to a thread, changing water levels, or spreading fire to blow things up.

The game starts off fairly easy and once you get about eight stages in (each stage has ten levels) is when the game ramps up the difficulty).

It's a download only title at $20.00, but it's worth it for the amount of gameplay you get. I debated between Unfinished Swan and this, but this was the better choice in terms of how long I played it.

I really say give it a try if you're looking for something on your Vita. If you like Layton this is a good game for you, it also has some platform elements. GungHo is kind of a newer studio for consoles, they've released a lot of MMO stuff, so any support they get means more localization for little gems like these!

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Re: Dokuro

I have backseat played this game (when Kana was stuck on hard puzzles) and as an un-biased gamer, I agree this game is awesome. If you have a Vita, pick it up!

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

well since I know I have a Vita I should check it out I love Puzzle games and from the Videos posted here it looks interesting and it might be just as simple but entertaining as super meat boy

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Just a warning, the puzzles get fiendishly hard. Before my trip there were absolutely no guides what so ever.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Just a warning, the puzzles get fiendishly hard. Before my trip there were absolutely no guides what so ever.
Well I just brought it and I'm advancing really fast and puzzles like this are the best part about playing it I love it

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I really like the boss battles, too. I have yet to have one that was too difficult, but was fun enough to actually play.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Well I got stuck on 8-8 can anyone give me a hand I kind of figure it out but I get killed every time

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 11-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I had to load it back up. This one is kinda weird. I do remember having to do it twice for the coin. Turn the gravity on and jump "over" the spikes that keep crashing down. Go to the end the the goal is to hit the switch. If you can, see if you can gravity the large red knight into some spikes, or even scoot him under the spikes that keep going up and down BEFORE you pull the lever.

The entire level is just a matter of timing. Go back the way you came, grab the princess, and make a run for it. You can either change to the prince or be a skeleton to whack away monsters if you can't avoid them (or get rid of them while luring the red knight).

Hope that helps!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

thanks kana I manage to get it but it toke me a long time

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Just beat the entire game, and it was complete worth it! I won't spoil the ending, but it's adorable and nicely told. I still have to go back and get quite a few trophies, but I feel really fulfilled beating it. I can't think of anyone I wouldn't recommend the game to.

If anyone needs help on puzzles I'll do my best!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

well I'm halfway done Or so I beelive and I got to finish it but as for now I dont have lot of time but still i will try to get to the ending

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

New Dokuro trailer:

Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #13
Flayinglion

Flayinglion is meh

I agree this game is awesome. If you have a Vita, pick it up!
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest pass4sure and best quality COMPTIA and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) . We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with wikipedia and selftestengine.

Flayinglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I'm still missing two trophies in this game. Arrrg, so close! Has anyone here platinum-ed the game?

Old 06-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Well I beat it but I'm not a trophy hunter like you I just love to play games for fun good luck kana getting a platinum

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 06-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheflelouch View Post
Well I beat it but I'm not a trophy hunter like you I just love to play games for fun good luck kana getting a platinum
Yeah, I know. I have to do the boss rush without getting hit once and that trophy where you try not to get seen on that level with those enemies that send you back to the beginning. Gonna be fun times!