You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Nirvash_Redemption
Fan

Nirvash_Redemption is meh
I need a editing system like Sai

I've been doing my artwork all traditional, but i want to go clean up my art and fix them up to look all clean and shiney. However, since there are so many editing programs out there, i have no bleeding clue as to which one i should get. I heard of the program Sai, but i also use photoshop, but it's a bit harder for me.
If you could please help me find a editing program, i'llbe more than grateful. <:3

PS: TO whoever has the better recomendation, i'll do a free commision for them, but only one.

"Don't ask for it; go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed."
"When you think of music or movies, instead of remembering what they are about you're more likely to be reminded of the memories you have of that time and the people you knew then."

Nirvash_Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold
Re: I need a editing system like Sai

I've heard GIMP is pretty good, and free.
But PhotoShop is where its at.

Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

Photoshop is king. After trying many different ones, I'd have to say it's the best one and completely worth the time to learn.

PS: Do not confuse Photoshop with Paintshop. >.>

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
deadlymustach50
Fan

deadlymustach50 will become famous soon enough

I use gimp, and its easy to use. Though you are somewhat limited in what you you can do. I say download gimp and try it out. If its not to your liking try to get photoshop.

deadlymustach50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlymustach50 View Post
I use gimp, and its easy to use. Though you are somewhat limited in what you you can do. I say download gimp and try it out. If its not to your liking try to get photoshop.
I used to use Gimp. It was alright, but there were quite a few things about it that aggravated me. Still lovin' my photoshop~

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Padfootlet

Padfootlet is meh

I say Photoshop. It's what I use. If you need any help I'm sure people on here would be willing to give you pointers and such.
Padfootlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
cubbychambers

cubbychambers is meh

I use SAI and find my art has better quality than in GIMP (opinion). And i dont remember if GIMP has pressure sensitivity.

[EDIT: Please don't suggest illegal content here, thank you :D-Amui]

Last edited by Amui; 09-10-2010 at 07:47 PM.
cubbychambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road

Isn't that an illegal? Don't think you want to be suggesting that around here.

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Photoshop is the way to go, I hear corel painter is nice as well, but PS has more uses.

Student copy of photoshop is your best bet, you can also buy an older version off of ebay for cheap and then upgrade, which will save you a lot of money. I wouldn't suggest flat out buying a copy brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow View Post
Photoshop is king. After trying many different ones, I'd have to say it's the best one and completely worth the time to learn.

PS: Do not confuse Photoshop with Paintshop. >.>
I was forced to use paint shop recently, it's a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Though it's a lot less fun when you're trying to figure out how to do something that's done a completely different way, and the entire time you've got someone saying "it's really simple" over your shoulder every time you're confused about the 3 menus you have to go through to make a simple gradient.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
Though it's a lot less fun when you're trying to figure out how to do something that's done a completely different way, and the entire time you've got someone saying "it's really simple" over your shoulder every time you're confused about the 3 menus you have to go through to make a simple gradient.
And here I thought the master would pick it up.
I prefer Paint Shop Pro in general since I don't edit anything having to do with real images. If you're editing images that makes ugly people pretty then go for Photoshop. If you're making banners, it's easy regardless. The majority likes Photoshop no matter what, but I prefer PSP personally. It really just depends on what you're comfortable with.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
And here I thought the master would pick it up.
There are like four things wrong with that.

You're an expert typist, pick up a dvorak keyboard and see how easily you adjust, oh master of typing.

Point is, Photoshop is what the majority prefer, because it's a little more intuitive, and widely used by many, so tutorials and whatnot are a lot easier to find.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editing , programs