Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Brie
91.8 The Fan

Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute Brie has a reputation beyond repute
iStalk – 236 - 01-13-2010 11:51 AM

Today Anime Expo loses 80% of its workforce; Adult Swim loses and gains some anime titles, and Macross and Gundam 00 face palm at China.

Trouble With Blip? Check Out Our Screwattack!

Story 1

Story 2

Story 3

Share/Bookmark

[url=http://918thefan.com/2010/istalk-236/]Original Post[/url]

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road
Re: iStalk – 236 - 01-13-2010 11:51 AM

Hmmm....what new anime could be coming to AS?

I would really love to see another Gundam Series and having FMA:B is just awesome. I've seen Death Note plenty of times so that will not be so bad, though I need to watch Blood + more often. I honestly have no clue as to what else they would bring to the station.

That really sucks for Anime Expo. I most of all feel sorry for the many people that lost their jobs but I also feel sorry that I have not been to Anime Expo yet and must now try to enjoy it under some new tyranical executive...sigh*

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
dbull620
Demon Slayer

dbull620 is meh

I could see AS picking up Inuyasha The Final Act. Makes sense enough since they've aired the first 167 Inuyasha episodes several times.

dbull620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
Daikun

Daikun is meh

As has been stated everywhere else, [i]Brotherhood[/i] and [i]Final Act[/i] seem like the obvious choices for two of the shows.

As for the third...

I don't see Adult Swim--or Cartoon Network for that matter--picking up any Gundam shows anytime soon. Syfy seems to be the new home for the franchise now.

I'd personally be interested to see if they could pick up any shows that were rescued from the big companies that went under. (ADV, Geneon, etc.) FUNimation has been picking up a lot of them recently; maybe they can snag one, since they've had a strong relationship for years.
Daikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh

Regarding the AX story, the article states that 80% are "ready" to resign" and that such a mass resignation "could" amount to as much as 400 staff members. So I'm taking this to mean that this mass resignation hasn't really happened, and hopefully it doesn't. After seeing AX '09, I was really looking forward to going with all of my friends this year. So I really hope this drama is resolved in time for this years con to be just as good as the last.

Also, I'm all for change and growth, but this new CEO probably won't accomplish anything if he keeps rubbing people the wrong way.

PSN: mark_as_RED

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Yeah, they're ready to resign. It's sort of a glorified rumor at the moment, but I can say that I personally believe people are going to leave. There's a lot of hustle and bustle being thrown around the anime circles about it.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Daikun

Daikun is meh

Update on the Adult Swim story:

[url=http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html][u]New anime is premiering[/u][/url] February 13 at midnight.
Daikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

Actually, it would be the 14th, but whatever. xD

I can't wait! FLCL is coming back too! I just hope the anime is something really good.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I have money on Soul Eater and GMA Brotherhood, MAYBE D. Grayman...

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote