Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
Anime Boston 2012

Scholar, Zero and myself are all planning to hit up Anime Boston this year. Anyone in the New England area coming on down?

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
NobouMansu

NobouMansu is meh
Anime Boston 2012

I know it's a bit early for this as it's not happening till April, but is anyone else planning to go to AB? It's the only con I make sure to hit every year.

Also, if there's anything you'd like to know about the con, I can probably help you out. I've been going since the first year in 2003.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ~`~`~`Everything is Ruined Forever~`~`~`~ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

NobouMansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road
Re: Anime Boston 2012

Well then I'm sure you meet over very own Christmas at the last Anime Boston! You'll also have the chance to meet Eternal Scholar! Shouldn't you consider yourself lucky?
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
NobouMansu

NobouMansu is meh

I'm going again this year! Hopefully I'll have some absurd MLP:FiM cosplay lined up too.

...I also made a second thread in "Conventions" before I saw this one. Oops!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ~`~`~`Everything is Ruined Forever~`~`~`~ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

NobouMansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Well the first day of the con is over

So how did it go for those that are right there now

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Busy, busy, busy. I'm not there, but our schedule was pretty packed on Friday though Saturday is worse. There's a lot more live blogs today and Sunday will be the chill day thankfully. I'm already editing pictures and what not.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Christmas, Eternal and I have returned from the Boston that was full of Anime.
First off, let me say that if you own a 3DS and use Street Pass, JACKPOT! If your like me, and you carry your 3DS with the hopes of finding people to help continue your quests in "Find Me" or finish those panels in "Puzzle Quest" only to find that maybe only 1 person has a Nintendo 3DS, then your in luck, YOU CANNOT GO 10 FT, without running into 10 Miis at your gate (which is the maximum), you also re-meet Miis you meet with increased levels to continue "Find Me", over the weekend I gathers over 300 Miis and even have a lv 7 Christmas and Lv 6 Eternal (who is useless against shield enemies) who break through 2-3 early dungeons.

Aside from the 3DS benefits, there is the hotel that everyone, obviously, would be cornered in. There are 25 floors and 5 additional floors (for VIPs). These elevators shoot up and down faster like it's no one's business, as we where housed on the 19th floor we could reach Floor 2 (the main floor for the convention) in less than 20-30 seconds, what a time saver! However BEWARE Sundays, since Sundays are the last days, it's commonplace to have to pass up 2-3 elevators, as the ones that reach your floor are over crowded. the service is incredible and it's very hard to find a hotel that prides itself into taking responsibility for EVERYTHING that happens (whether it be you had an item stolen from you, or where generally unhappy with the service)

Now lets talk about the con itself. THE PEOPLE, oooooh so many people. you'll find yourself surrounded by several cosplayers, wearing the same outfits, I counted roughly...4 different Grells, 3 Rangikus, a dozen human-ized Ponies, Narutos, Ichigos, and so on. The only conventions I've ever hit up was ConnectiCon (and an unnameable one that was just... awful. I'm under the impression the amount of people attending where about 30,000. Getting through the crowds, in or out, at the Hynes building took a bit of effort, if you don't like appearing on films, it's next to impossible to avoid a camera.

The Dealer's hall, everyone's favorite part, is vast, and well spread out. There's an unbelievable amount of room (it consists of 2 rooms) for people to walk, and an incredible amount of tables for people to buy things. If your like me and just hate how unorganized stands in the dealer's room are then you'll feel at ease. Fair warning though, this applies to the dealer's room as well as just about to every door, they have Staff and Police checking badges when walking into the Dealer's room and or into the convention, your badge being visible is a MUST!

The Kanato Itou concert was incredible, as press, Eternal and I where privileged to sit in the center front row of the concert, seeing as this was my first every concert, you can imagine I was overjoyed being there, you can thank the power of "Final Boss Kana" for that experience.

All in all, I had an incredible weekend, I enjoyed the various options, the countless cosplayers/attendees, the professionals among the staff/volunteers at Anime Boston and the Sheraton Boston Hotel, and 91.8 The Fan for giving me the opportunity to share this wonderful experience with you all.

My only regrets? I have 2:

1) I wasn't able to locate a High School of the Dead Saeko Wall Scroll

2) I didn't get to play ninja

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
What in goodness is ninja? I've heard the term in convention context before, but what in the world does it entail?

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post

My only regrets? I have 2:

1) I wasn't able to locate a High School of the Dead Saeko Wall Scroll

Well for the poster I just got to say good luck in your next con and I have a poster of Kei that is life size and I got say every dollar of those twohundred dollars I spend to buy it where worth it but I still need to find myself one of saeko

And second did you not cosplay in this con?

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollybibbles View Post
What in goodness is ninja? I've heard the term in convention context before, but what in the world does it entail?
I, in all honesty, have no idea, I was making a joke at Bobby's expense. I think it's hide-and-seek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheflelouch View Post
Well for the poster I just got to say good luck in your next con and I have a poster of Kei that is life size and I got say every dollar of those twohundred dollars I spend to buy it where worth it but I still need to find myself one of saeko

And second did you not cosplay in this con?
I don't cosplay, I'm not particularly fond of putting on make-up, or marker on myself. I also just think I'm too large for a decent cosplay.
If I did one however, I would be a giant bean bag snorlax so I can take naps in the manga reading room while other people relax on me and read Manga xD

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
OtakuManiac

OtakuManiac is meh

Awwww... I want to go to a convention T.T

OtakuManiac is offline   Reply With Quote