It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #21
Esperitous

Esperitous is meh
Re: Favorite Anime Con Events

Not really sure, mostly hang out with friends, but attending press conferences were pretty cool (especially X-Japan at Otakon this year). Some of the panels that involve the audience are awesome to go to.
Esperitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
ScrumYummy

ScrumYummy is meh

I try to be a regular at the following:

-Kumoricon
I have a tendency to volunteer there. XD It is also local for me.

-Anime Weekend Atlanta
I have a LOT of friends that go to this one, from all over the country (and from several other countries). I haven't been able to go in a couple of years, and that makes me sad, mostly because I miss my friends.

-Anime Expo
I have another group of friends that go here (people from MAL). I like the convention itself, it's very organized.

-Otakon
I don't really have any friends that are regulars at this one, which is why I haven't been back, but I did really like the convention itself and highly recommend it. I volunteered for them several years ago, and they were a pleasure to work for.

-MEWcon
I'm thinking of making this a regular thing. It's another local con, but I haven't been to it yet; the lady that runs the Creation Station at Kumoricon is thinking of taking it there, so I am thinking of going and helping her out.

-Orycon
It's a scifi/fantasy writing and art con. I run panels here every year, although I don't really do anything else at the con. It's local.

ScrumYummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
mitamaking

mitamaking is meh

I love trivia like Anime Jeopardy and I really love Anime Name that Tune.

mitamaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #24
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Too be onest i have gone to 4 cons and dose were nice but i wasent to much into event...
most of it was buing things and be with friend, but the only two wents i have bean are so far the very best
and those were the concest of Aural Vampire at Acen and a panel of ouran host club were my bro live a the best experience been hug by tamaki( it surely bring memories)

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #25
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh

the convention i go to and staff at every year is Sugoicon. ok please don't kill me as much as i talk about this convention.

since i don't attend alot of panels, but do want to go to conventions, volunteering on staff works best for me. I usually volunteer in the dealers room though this year i doubt i'll be able to spend any money. It's still fun though. hopefully i'll at least have enough money to buy some snacks.
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #26
Nirvash_Redemption
Fan

Nirvash_Redemption is meh

Only one i can go to is Anime Expo, because it's so close to me. I like how it's organized, how they have interactive events like singing, AMV competitions, cosplay skits and competitions, as well as their exhibit halls. They have lots of booths set up, and the panels they have are interesting to go to, as they usually have special guests every year. They used to be in Anaheim, but moved to LA after a few years, due to growth. They held it in Long Beach for a year while they were finalizing the deal with the convention center, and that one sold out. It's a nice convention, and if you can bring even a little money, it's worth going to. Even if you can't buy a lot, you can still hang out with friends and fellow cosplayers, and kill time watching anime and panels. Plus, they have a maid cafe in the convention. The tickets are a little pricey, but worth it since you go to everything the days you pay for.
[Knows all this from being a AX veteran(kinda) for 8 years straight. Family is animation buffs]

"Don't ask for it; go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed."
"When you think of music or movies, instead of remembering what they are about you're more likely to be reminded of the memories you have of that time and the people you knew then."

Nirvash_Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote