Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
-Trumpet Fanfare- I have arrived!

Well, hello all you people out there on the net, I am Oni. I really don't expect anyone to have seen me around anyway, so I really should formulate some kind of introduction, shouldn't I?

I was introduced to the internet when I was 6, and then created (I used 'created' loosely) the handle Oni at the age of 11. At that stage I didn't do much except for going to school, watching anime and eating unhealthy food while in Canada (at the time).

Currently I am 17, in my final year of High School while reviewing anime and posting in forums and the such.

Over the past 11 years I have been collecting quite a collection of DVDs and manga, owning around $5000 worth of anime DVDs and $1000 of manga. What kind of anime and manga do I own? Well, I'm more into Slice of Life and Space type anime, so stuff like ARIA and Planetes and all that.

Yeah, that's basically me.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Rocco
Fan

Rocco is a splendid one to behold Rocco is a splendid one to behold
Re: -Trumpet Fanfare- I have arrived!

Welcome Oni, the fanfare was quite impressive.
Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
DJ M.O.T.D
Fan

DJ M.O.T.D is on a distinguished road

you sound awesome :D
Can't wait to do some stuff together!

DJ M.O.T.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

GREETINGS ^^
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Thanks for the welcome guys, now if I could only edit my profile...damn security tokens.

But yeah, in case anyone was wondering I am no longer in Canada. I am living back in Australia now (just like EagleEyes).

Old 01-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys, now if I could only edit my profile...damn security tokens.

But yeah, in case anyone was wondering I am no longer in Canada. I am living back in Australia now (just like EagleEyes).
Australia FTW! :rolleyes:

Where bouts? I am NSW myself.

Any forum problems, send them to Kibs, so he can use his forum witchcraft to fix them.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
Oni
Banhammer'd

I'm also in NSW, in the Shoalhaven.

I shall do so, I tried to send a feedback form but it didn't go through.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
EagleEyes

Fanatic

Quote:
I'm also in NSW, in the Shoalhaven.

I shall do so, I tried to send a feedback form but it didn't go through.
Don't worry I will tell him.

Shoalhaven :o

Thats like 1 - 2 hours away from me.......... I think. I am at Belmont myself (near Newcastle)
Old 01-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
Oni
Banhammer'd

Really, so you're south of Sydney yourself? That's pretty cool right there. Normally no one lives near my location, or even knows it exists. I'm actually in Nowra, which is the largest "city" in the Shoalhaven.

Yes, telling him would be a great help.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
DJ M.O.T.D
Fan

DJ M.O.T.D is on a distinguished road

I'm off guys.. see ya.

DJ M.O.T.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
EagleEyes

Fanatic

Quote:
Really, so you're south of Sydney yourself? That's pretty cool right there. Normally no one lives near my location, or even knows it exists. I'm actually in Nowra, which is the largest "city" in the Shoalhaven.

Yes, telling him would be a great help.
He says it should be fixed shortly.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
He says it should be fixed shortly.
Yep, it's fixed now. All is right with the world.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Our anime tastes probly widly vary.

I'm kinda a big Shonen Fan when it comes to Manga. Mostly, Bleach, Fairy tail, One Piece, and Law of Ueki+

I also have soft parts in my heart for Beck, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and Fruits Basket Mangas.

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
Oni
Banhammer'd

Beck is a great anime (I've already reviewed it, after all), but I'd have to say that to me NANA trumps it.

I don't really have set genres I like, but it is a fact that I am a huge Slice of Life fan. To me it's more about the content, not the genre. I can say the same about my taste in music.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
EagleEyes

Fanatic

Im looking forward to a Black Lagoon Review, Muchly!

Dont forget to mention my favorite character:

Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #16
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ M.O.T.D View Post
Can't wait to do some stuff together!
That's what she said.

Welcome, oni, good to see you're not afraid of forums like some of our other staff :P

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
Oni
Banhammer'd

Well, I have quite a bit of forum experience (on both the side of being a regular member and the side of administrating), starting out in 2005 with GaiaOnline (I have about 10,000+ posts there, despite me no longer going there).

I'd like to make comments on the main page too, but the login area up the top isn't accepting my forum ID and pass. Oh well.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #18
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Welcome Oni! As for the site, you're trying to log in to the Wordpress section. The Wordpress and forums are completely separate. As such, for now they require separate log-ins. We've experimented with combining these in the past, and will probably do as such one day, but as of now there are other priorities at hand.

Also, I love your avatar, it's very stylish. I'll bug Kibs to make you a staff bar so people know that you're awesome and powerful and what not.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #19
Oni
Banhammer'd

Ah, I see. Sites I've been on in the past that have utilized WordPress have combined their forums accounts with WordPress accounts. I guess they've just been more knowledgeable about that particular side to things. I guess I'll get a seperate log in for that later on.

Thanks, although it's just quick work. Tron Bonne is awesome. Yeah, Kibs has offered to make me one, he also added me on WLM/MSN as well. I've told him my preference when it comes to the character in the staff bar, but I'll just PM him with a reminder just in case.

Oh yeah, you wondered about my PSN ID before. It's Onibokusu.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #20
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Ah, I see. Sites I've been on in the past that have utilized WordPress have combined their forums accounts with WordPress accounts. I guess they've just been more knowledgeable about that particular side to things. I guess I'll get a seperate log in for that later on.
It's solely because our site started as a Wordpress, with no forums. When we attempted to combined them, the vBulletin took over users. As such, assigning everything as well as sorting how to comment on the site became... impossible in a matter of moments. They were connected BUT the site was made pretty much useless in a sense. As such, for now, they're separate until we find an alternative.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote