Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Free! Episode 003 Discussion

Best episode thus far. It's extremely hilarious and Rei is challenging Makoto as my bias. He's got the glasses, he's got the blush, and he's got the shy. He is slightly a little too tsun-tsun for my tastes, but he's a great character.

There was so much to enjoy here though. From Rei not being able to swim, to Nagisa's derp, to Haru's dread of swimming, etc. The jokes keep going which is what makes it so enjoyable.

On a fan-service level, can we just have more speedo, all the time? Just sayin'

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh
Re: Free! Episode 003 Discussion

I particularly like the speedos.

Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

From the next ep preview it seems like Rei will be in speedo all the time.

Makoto was super motherly in this episode, I lold. Funniest episode yet. Best part about Rei not swimming was the instant replay.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
I particularly like the speedos.
Are you even watching? Or just getting my Tumblr images?

Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh

I particularly like the swim

Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
I particularly like the swim
If anything, the series is hilarious regardless of fanservice. So if you want to watch something new I'd recommend it. Pretty sure Elk would, too.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh

I particularly like the ab.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Of course he can't swim, he's only a calculating athlete xD

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

I had my apprehensions when I decided to take a look at this series. Not so much because of the men as much as it being a sports anime...not a fan at all.

But after seeing several people give it praise beyond the fan-service in it, I decided to take a look and deal with the swimming aspect.

At first I was thrown off by the gender bending names, which even the characters make fun of themselves. The particular names they use for the guys felt like a parody.

Was surprised to find myself laughing quite a bit, especially in this episode.

Ama-chan senpai cracked me up with her reactions to the boys devising ways to have her be used to get more members in the club.

Poor Gou, no Kou, Gou, no Kou! I like her too, only because of how pathetically obvious she is with her man-love

I admit it that Free is entertaining. There's nothing about it that seems like anything special. But it has been funny at times and hasn't been the typical sports anime that I thought it would be, so far.

Now that the club is established, I'm half expecting it to become more sports anime with fan service. Hopefully I'm wrong, as I'll probably drop it to the bottom of my queue if that happens lol

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote