Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan




Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Stone
Fan
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 57

Rep Power: 0
Stone is meh
Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

First impression and discussion.

My expectance from this movie was really high. the last book was by far teh best one and so the movie had to be too. But what happens when I go see it? It is boring.

True, many action scenes, but badly made and only few seconds long, where is my real duell, why doesn´t the battle inside malfoys house seem the least bit action-y? I have to say that I deeply regretted watching it, also because of how many things they left out. If I hadn´t read the books I would have been so confused by so many things.

My Points: of 10
______________________

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
Jubilee

Très Bien!
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sasnak
Posts: 633

Rep Power: 119
Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
If I hadn´t read the books I would have been so confused by so many things.
That is the exact reason I didn't hate it...I felt it actually followed along with the books rather well, (or at least better than any of the other movies since Chamber of Secrets). Sure, it was slightly uneventful, but so is the first half of the book, (i.e. Oh let's move camp! Oh hey...we should move our camp. Ya know, I'm just not feeling this forest, let's move camp!). I thought they did a decent job with what they had this time around...(or, again, at least better than all the others since Chamber of Secrets).

...Sad Malfoy Manor scene is Sad...
______________________

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 157
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Better than the last one, which they decided to make a romantic comedy.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
twillÿ
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Starfishtopia
Posts: 295

Rep Power: 0
twillÿ is on a distinguished road
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
That is the exact reason I didn't hate it...I felt it actually followed along with the books rather well, (or at least better than any of the other movies since Chamber of Secrets). Sure, it was slightly uneventful, but so is the first half of the book, (i.e. Oh let's move camp! Oh hey...we should move our camp. Ya know, I'm just not feeling this forest, let's move camp!). I thought they did a decent job with what they had this time around...(or, again, at least better than all the others since Chamber of Secrets).

...Sad Malfoy Manor scene is Sad...
This.
______________________


twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
grimdefeat

Fan
 
grimdefeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In the age of pirates.
Posts: 346

Rep Power: 113
grimdefeat is on a distinguished road
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

I havent seen it yet so I dont know what to expect from it luckily I have read the book so I wont be to lost when I do see it
______________________

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
Kusari
Fan
 
Kusari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Your Speakers via New England
Posts: 88

Rep Power: 106
Kusari is meh
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Never read the books but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
______________________


Kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan
 
Zero Gravity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,234

Rep Power: 129
Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

I thought it was pretty good a nice change of pace from the last 6 films, you get a somewhat better look on Wizards in the real world and not surrounded by a castle
______________________


Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
jessileo127
Fan
 
jessileo127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: U.K., Near London but not too near it. ^.^
Posts: 245

Rep Power: 0
jessileo127 is meh
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

after being moved around due to over booking THREE different times I got to see it and my reaction was...
WTF They missed out the Best parts, The Background storys the Epic-ness of Harry potter!!!
Albiet it was a good movie and there was great acting... I just dont understand why they miss out on some of the most important stuff from the books... Sure the first half is uneventfull but it has some major plotlines and back stories to it... Though I did like the Little "Shadow" puppets when telling the story of the Deathly Hallows...
My vote is:
6/10
I cant wait till I see what their gonna do with the dragon...
______________________

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 157
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessileo127 View Post
after being moved around due to over booking THREE different times I got to see it and my reaction was...
WTF They missed out the Best parts, The Background storys the Epic-ness of Harry potter!!!
Albiet it was a good movie and there was great acting... I just dont understand why they miss out on some of the most important stuff from the books... Sure the first half is uneventfull but it has some major plotlines and back stories to it... Though I did like the Little "Shadow" puppets when telling the story of the Deathly Hallows...
My vote is:
6/10
I cant wait till I see what their gonna do with the dragon...
I thought they followed the book very closely, minus the radio parts.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
Jubilee

Très Bien!
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sasnak
Posts: 633

Rep Power: 119
Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
I thought they followed the book very closely, minus the radio parts.
I agree...I can't think of anything major that they left out in this movie...


Although...The Death Eaters already new where the Burrow was due to that last little "incident" the film makers decided to conjure up and throw in the 6th movie...So why did they wait so long to attack it after Harry fled the Dursley's? Where the heck else is he gonna go?! ... OH movie makers...
______________________

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.