Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...manga-revealed

All thats known about the series is the title, there no images yet, but I can update as more information is released. It's gonna be the 4th series (5th if you wanna include YuGiOh R, and 6th if you wanna count YuGiOh and YuGiOh Duelist as two different series).
It will be directed by the original creator of the YuGiOh franchise.

Any hopes or ideas to what might happen in the new series?

Synopsis (thanks to YuGiOh Wikia) :
The series is set in the near future. Yuma Tsukumo is number one bad boy at his school. Something unexpected happens as Ryoga challenges him to a Duel. When the mysterious entity Astral appears before them a new legend begins

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 12-13-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

But are there motorcycles?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Rhetorical Gamer
Fan

Rhetorical Gamer is meh

Card games on giant robots????

Rhetorical Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

DUELIST WITH BAD HAIRS!

Our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Perhaps this series would be a lot less about the cardgame, like more games other than the CG like the original....Please I hope it doesn't end up anything like Beadaman(Sp?) or Dinosaur King.

Osaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka View Post
Please I hope it doesn't end up anything like Beadaman(Sp?) or Dinosaur King.
Battle B-Daman? I saw something like that. I saw one episode when Toon Disney existed with Jetix. I didn't liked it. Too childish.

I sensing that this will go back to the younger audience as it probably focuses back to the school setting (like the first Yu-Gi-Oh and the GX series) and add something I hadn't seem to grasp like the entity of that thing it described. Well, 4Kids will have little to no problem with this one (not sure if they can acquire this as they have went bankrupted from what I can remember).
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

they introducing a new type of summoning called "Excess Summon", not exactly sure what it is or how it works

Old 12-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon133 View Post
Battle B-Daman? I saw something like that. I saw one episode when Toon Disney existed with Jetix. I didn't liked it. Too childish.

I sensing that this will go back to the younger audience as it probably focuses back to the school setting (like the first Yu-Gi-Oh and the GX series) and add something I hadn't seem to grasp like the entity of that thing it described. Well, 4Kids will have little to no problem with this one (not sure if they can acquire this as they have went bankrupted from what I can remember).
They have been bought and they are still in control...or its like Cartoon Network right now, its going to take a while to finalize. I'm not sure.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
ClearMetalVoltar
Fan

ClearMetalVoltar is meh

im sort of glad that 5ds is coming to an end. the series was lackluster and predictable, and ruka was totally screwed over with that deck.

looks like this series takes place again in high school/duel academy, so that means no cardgames on moterbikes, just bikes and scateboards lol. that screenshot reminds me of beyblade. i hope that its not based on that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka View Post
Perhaps this series would be a lot less about the cardgame, like more games other than the CG like the original....Please I hope it doesn't end up anything like Beadaman(Sp?) or Dinosaur King.
what is the former ur talking about? i never heard of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
they introducing a new type of summoning called "Excess Summon", not exactly sure what it is or how it works
sounds as if u summon mutiple monsters in the same turn.
ClearMetalVoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #10
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I'm I the only person who believed that misses Dungeon Dice Monsters. I know its kinda off of topic, but I enjoyed playing that more than playing yu-gi-oh. XD and I aslo feel that the franchise is being a bit give and take from other series... this new one looks like Card Game on Beyblades.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I'm I the only person who believed that misses Dungeon Dice Monsters. I know its kinda off of topic, but I enjoyed playing that more than playing yu-gi-oh. XD and I aslo feel that the franchise is being a bit give and take from other series... this new one looks like Card Game on Beyblades.
Your not the only one, I also loved Dungeon Dice Monsters

Old 12-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
ClearMetalVoltar
Fan

ClearMetalVoltar is meh

Quote:
Your not the only one, I also loved Dungeon Dice Monsters
what happened to that game? ive never played it but it did look cool. it does deserve its own spin off starring duke since the anime made him such a loser after yugi beats him
Old 12-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

It just never really took off, problem is, Card Game people are all about fast paced games and like things done in less then 5 minutes.

Dungeon Dice Monsters took luck and patience, it didn't help that flying types where utterly broken. Although they needed 2 movements crests to move one spot, they 95% immune to regular monsters. So it was easy to take (for example) Baby Dragon (Flying, 1/1 Power and a 5/6 chance of successful summon) and completely protect your Dungeon Master. of course you could combat that with Flying Monsters but Movement crests where scarce and someone difficult to roll, so it made moving Flying Monsters a MISERABLE pain. It was obnoxious and was unpopular for that reason. First game of Dungeon Dice monsters I played lasted almost an hour.
On the plus side, they made my favorite monster (Buster Blader) a figurine before they cancelled the game.

You can still play the GBA game, it's still kinda fun.

But enough DDM, more Zexal.... Zexal is having a different studio do the animation, that's why it looks different compared to Duelist, GX and 5Ds

Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Jrockergirl
Fan

Jrockergirl is meh

I am a yugioh player have been since my friends got be back in last year, and I still think 5D's was a horrible idea on motorcycles just cause I can imagine people imitating it.

This new series looks like it was designed by the same team who worked on the Mega Man ZX game series but the main character looks like he would be better suited for Bakugan, but ill still watch this series and see how it goes from there. Excess summon is random after reading the rulings on it
Jrockergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
ClearMetalVoltar
Fan

ClearMetalVoltar is meh

Quote:
I

But enough DDM, more Zexal.... Zexal is having a different studio do the animation, that's why it looks different compared to Duelist, GX and 5Ds
hmmm it does look like its a diff. style of art. guess theyre trying to appeal to more ppl and to break away from the old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrockergirl View Post
I am a yugioh player have been since my friends got be back in last year, and I still think 5D's was a horrible idea on motorcycles just cause I can imagine people imitating it.

This new series looks like it was designed by the same team who worked on the Mega Man ZX game series but the main character looks like he would be better suited for Bakugan, but ill still watch this series and see how it goes from there. Excess summon is random after reading the rulings on it
lol i style remember the countless bashings on utube and yg forums of the byke concept. most came around after finding out that u didnt have to ride them every episode.

lol art is similaer isnt it? and akugan was the very 1st thing i thought of after seeing the leading dude! i wouldnt be surprised if a cross over are in the works lol

and what rulings on the e. summons?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Season Zero or Series 1 to be more accurate, which is more of season one in Japan. It was based on the original first volumes of the manga. 4Kids' lies, they say the "first" Yu-Gi-OH but they did not even bring the original into the U.S.

Personally thats why a lot of us want Funimation or Viz to aquire the rights to the anime. So fans who have not seen the whole first series can see it and the rest of GX(Which was messed up more than Series 2 by 4Kids', the Yu-Gi-OH we all love) or better yet redo the all series.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #17
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

Since the birth of GX there has been a lull in crazy hair. But, lo and behold, a new star is born and he's got black and pink (or purple) follicles. Sound familiar? I look forward to see what Zexal holds in store for us.
Instead of the distant future, I say we rewind a good twenty years and look at DM's humble beginnings. What of the very first duel when the cards were first released by Industrial Illusions?

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #18
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Maybe, but it may not be that....The new character might idolize Yugi or a magical alternate universe where the puzzle or Yugi didn't exist?

Old 01-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
sasukeuzi

sasukeuzi is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
But are there motorcycles?
wait wait wait....
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?!

sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #20