You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road
Broken Ps3

Does anyone know what it'll cost to fix a blown PS3? Mines has been down and my bro said he'd fix it but I kinda want an estimation for myself.

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Broken Ps3

Have you tried through Sony? Usually it's only about $120.00 or cheaper for a 60GB.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

What exactly is wrong with it? Won't read/play games or just won't turn on?

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
digitalricket

digitalricket is meh

Like Zero said, what's wrong with it? Because there are tons of videos on Youtube to help you fix pretty much just about any situation a console can go through nowadays.

About two years ago I replaced my 360's hard drive following a couple of those tutorial videos on there.

digitalricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #5
Llian

Type 1 Go

It's not turning on, my dad and brothers said that it's probably overheated. I heard about repairing it on your own but my brother said not to touch it or sony won't fix it for us if we screw it up. D:

Old 04-16-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

did you try the switch on the back?

seriously, though, sucks, we need to start a fund, because I swear fate does not want me to play RE5 with anyone

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
did you try the switch on the back?

seriously, though, sucks, we need to start a fund, because I swear fate does not want me to play RE5 with anyone
It's either fate or your system realizes that death is better then RE5 XD

Old 04-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Llian

Type 1 Go

DONATIONS NEEDED LOLOL.

But yeah srsly, I intend to buy my own as soon as I find something that can support the funds. Don't worry Zac, we'll play RE5 soon enough. ;_;

Also, anyone else had any problems with their PS3 since they got it? Another problem I had was that, even though my account "Llian13" is up on the ps3 website I can't really access it. Which is lame. So I made another account hoping I could link the two up but now since I used the same email it seems when I try to reclaim my data through the net (on another ps3, cause I was on a friend's ps3 at the time) it reclaims the data from the new account instead. HALP.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #9
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

I've never had a PS3 problem, if anything I don't have enough games for it, THATS a problem

Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
MaxDagger

MaxDagger is meh

No problem with the PS3, but you can send it to Sony to get it fix for over 100-140$, but I would rather buy a new one for 250$-300$ (new psp slim.)

Also I'd be glad to donate. :3

MaxDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
Llian

Type 1 Go

We were just kidding with the donates but you're awesome for that.

And thanks for the estimate, I wouldn't mind getting one of the new models but I heard they don't have the backdrop capability that allows you to play ps2 games so.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #12
MaxDagger

MaxDagger is meh

You're welcome, but also the new Fat PS3's you buy now and days don't have the backwards compatibility either. (Although I heard rumors around the Playstation forums and from the HQ, note that is only a rumor. That they might release PS2 titles to the PSN network. Just rumors ok. *wink* )

Quote:
Also, anyone else had any problems with their PS3 since they got it? Another problem I had was that, even though my account "Llian13" is up on the ps3 website I can't really access it. Which is lame. So I made another account hoping I could link the two up but now since I used the same email it seems when I try to reclaim my data through the net (on another ps3, cause I was on a friend's ps3 at the time) it reclaims the data from the new account instead. HALP.
Well the reason it won't let you access the data from your old account from another ps3 is because you still have an existing one at another console (your old ps3) and it seems that it won't let you get the data till your get rid of your account from your previous system... question: Can you log in on your old account through the Internet using your PC? If so, perhaps that could help if you look around the Playstation help forums or you could try and solve something through there. *nerd face*

Last edited by MaxDagger; 04-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.
MaxDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDagger View Post
Well the reason it won't let you access the data from your old account from another ps3 is because you still have an existing one at another console (your old ps3) and it seems that it won't let you get the data till your get rid of your account from your previous system.
My account is currently on 2 PS3's (mine and Kana's) and I can access it from both.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
Llian

Type 1 Go

Like I said I could never get into my previous account from the psn site, I even emailed them about it and they gave me all this crap I already tried (even though I already TOLD them I tried it -__-).