You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh
sup fellow anime fans

My real name is Ben, but the name I use for most forums is Guru. I guess I'll start out with some things about me.

Right now I'm 22, but I'm still a kid at heart. My main interests/hobbies are Anime/Manga, Music, Video Games, and the Yu-gi-oh Trading Card Game.

For info on all the anime I like and dislike, watching and plan to watch, head over to my anime list profile and list and drop me a comment. I also make cards for the "My Favorite Anime Club" and "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" clubs so hit those up and make sure to join!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/AnimeGURU475

My YouTube channel consists of some AMV's I've made over the years as well as some other random vids. With the start of the new year I'll be doing duel vids and deck of the month vids for yu-gi-oh. If you're into the game then make sure to subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeGURU475

I play Super Smash Bros Melee professionally (well as best I can, I can't travel as much as I'd like) and I also enjoy lots of other game series like Final Fantasy, the old school Megamans, Armored Core, The Legend of Zelda, Halo, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, etc.

I like almost any kind of music but some of my favorites consist of 3OH!3, Coheed and Cambria, Cinematic Sunrise, Aya Hirano, Mizuki Nano, Every Avenue, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Underoath, Owl City, Bedlight for Blue Eyes, Mae, All That Remains, LoveHateHero, Back-On, Saosin, Escape the Fate, Emarosa, The Maine, Within Temptation, Boys Like Girls, Eyes Set to Kill, My Chemical Romance, The Offspring, Acceptance, Greenday, MiCHi, FLOW, Forever the Sickest Kids, Blink-182, High and Mighty Color, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Anberlin, Yellowcard, Rise Against, A Skylit Drive, Ten Second Epic, Shinedown, Saosin, Oasis, Metro Station, The Almost, Dead Poetic, A Day to Remember and All Time Low to name a few.

Well I hope that gives you good idea of me and I'd just like to say that 91.8 The Fan is the greatest radio station EVAR!!!

G U R U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: sup fellow anime fans

Greetings and welcome to the wonderful world of 918. Enjoy your time, ask questions and have fun.

Greetings ^^
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your stay. Oh yeah, I also have a MAL account. I'll add you, or something.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Onibokusu

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

Well, Hello and welcome Guru
Yu-Gi-Oh FTW!!! lol :D

ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Chris

asdf

Chris is on a distinguished road

Wazzzerrpp.

Welcome Ben. Very cool intro.

All Time Low = Epic.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Much love for the radio support~ <3 Thanks for joining and if you have any questions then just ask.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wazzzerrpp.

Welcome Ben. Very cool intro.

All Time Low = Epic.
I actually live about an hour away from you ^_^ and I might be moving to London in the near future. I'm from the Chatham-Kent area. It's south of London.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
Chris

asdf

Are you serious? I've been looking for Anime fans from my area.. we're a rare breed.

Drop me a line and we can chat, You plan on going to the TorontoCon?

Chris-baker@live.ca if you have MSN.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U R U View Post
My real name is Ben, but the name I use for most forums is Guru. I guess I'll start out with some things about me.

Right now I'm 22, but I'm still a kid at heart. My main interests/hobbies are Anime/Manga, Music, Video Games, and the Yu-gi-oh Trading Card Game.

For info on all the anime I like and dislike, watching and plan to watch, head over to my anime list profile and list and drop me a comment. I also make cards for the "My Favorite Anime Club" and "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" clubs so hit those up and make sure to join!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/AnimeGURU475

My YouTube channel consists of some AMV's I've made over the years as well as some other random vids. With the start of the new year I'll be doing duel vids and deck of the month vids for yu-gi-oh. If you're into the game then make sure to subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeGURU475

I play Super Smash Bros Melee professionally (well as best I can, I can't travel as much as I'd like) and I also enjoy lots of other game series like Final Fantasy, the old school Megamans, Armored Core, The Legend of Zelda, Halo, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, etc.

I like almost any kind of music but some of my favorites consist of 3OH!3, Coheed and Cambria, Cinematic Sunrise, Aya Hirano, Mizuki Nano, Every Avenue, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Underoath, Owl City, Bedlight for Blue Eyes, Mae, All That Remains, LoveHateHero, Back-On, Saosin, Escape the Fate, Emarosa, The Maine, Within Temptation, Boys Like Girls, Eyes Set to Kill, My Chemical Romance, The Offspring, Acceptance, Greenday, MiCHi, FLOW, Forever the Sickest Kids, Blink-182, High and Mighty Color, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Anberlin, Yellowcard, Rise Against, A Skylit Drive, Ten Second Epic, Shinedown, Saosin, Oasis, Metro Station, The Almost, Dead Poetic, A Day to Remember and All Time Low to name a few.

Well I hope that gives you good idea of me and I'd just like to say that 91.8 The Fan is the greatest radio station EVAR!!!
Love that Air Gear AMV btw.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Are you serious? I've been looking for Anime fans from my area.. we're a rare breed.

Drop me a line and we can chat, You plan on going to the TorontoCon?

Chris-baker@live.ca if you have MSN.
You mean MTAC? Nah I never go to those. Usually just Anime North. However the new convention in Guelph is looking interesting.

http://www.con-g.com/

I'll add you to MSN too.

and thanks EagleEyes

Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
Chris

asdf

I saw Con-G earlier, looked good. I already put in a good word about The Fan to Anime North so hopefully we get to see one of our favorite Fan Personalities make an appearence. The Toronto Anime Convention is at the Toronto Convention Centre and the lineup is pretty exciting. Kyle Hebert and Eric Vale at the same Con is getting me all fan boy giddy.

Anyways, Welcome, We'll continue our conversation elsewhere before we get nailed by da (wo)man.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #12
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Alright man. I'll be on MSN tomorrow most likely. Off to sleep now.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #13
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

Not Brawl? Just Melee? Rats.. Well, I tried.

Welcome to the site! (love your Hayate no Gotoku! signature)

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Ya I quit Brawl a while back. It's just not as good of game as Melee imo. I still play every now and then tho with friends. I'm pretty good at all smash games really it's just I prefer Melee the most.

Thanks I love my sig too but I can't take credit for it. Yink from Smashboards made it for me.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty good myself. If I ever find my game, we could have a match someday.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

I never play Brawl online. Tried it when it first came out. It lags too much.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Would it be appropriate to state that I have a medal for coming second in some small time Brawl tournament?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO5XJ3vBSww

I actually feel kinda pathetic for admitting that.

Last edited by Oni; 01-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #18
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Not to make you feel bad or anything but that looked like a pretty bad tournament to me. 3 players and what is that lightning mode? lol you might as well play with items on.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U R U View Post
Not to make you feel bad or anything but that looked like a pretty bad tournament to me. 3 players and what is that lightning mode? lol you might as well play with items on.
Final match, video was sped up at x2. It'll be the end of the world before people read annotations.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #20
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

welcome im sure youll find it fun here. Your Nagi sig is win but it would be better if it was Hinagiku <3

victorious0702 is offline   Reply With Quote