It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
zetsuboukami

zetsuboukami is meh
New guy!

Hello 918thefan community, my name's Richard. I should have introduced myself a long time ago, however certain circumstances permitted me from doing so. As stated before my name is Richard but on the forums and IRC I go by the name zetsuboukami. I first found out about this site a year or two ago and immediately thought it was the greatest thing in the world. A 24/7 online radio program that plays Japanese music, I never would have thought this was possible.

A little about myself:

To be completely honest I only really started to get into anime back in 2010, prior to this my only experiences with anime was watching pokemon on TV when i was young and catching a couple episodes of full metal alchemist and gundam here and there. Unfortunately I missed the golden age of anime that was the 80's and 90's which means no Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin and other awesome series of that time period.I did make up for it though, as I have caught up with most of the series that I've missed. As it stands I can say that my anime library has indeed grown since 2010, some of my favorite series and movies include all of the studio Ghibli movies minus one or two, Eyeshield 21, FLCL, Black Lagoon and Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan.

Although my experience with anime is fairly small and still growing, my experience with Japanese music is quite lengthy. I'm happy to admit that it's been around 6 years since I first started listening to Japanese music and I won't be stopping anytime soon. The first Japanese song I ever heard was Rewrite by Asian kung-fu generation, I thought it was amazing. Ever since then I've always listened to Japanese music it's been a part of me for so long. I'm really happy to have found this site, now my library of music can grow even more.

Besides listening to music and watching anime I also read a lot of manga. Most of the series I've read are some of the older ones from the the 90's and mid 80's, I find them to be the best. The newer stuff is ok but I find the older series more to my tastes, a couple of my favorite series are Fist of the north star, City Hunter, Great teacher Onizuka and Battle Angel Alita. I'm currently reading a lot of other series but it would take a while to list it all down. In short I love reading manga.

Well that's all I really have to say, I hope to have fun on this site!

Thanks for reading!
zetsuboukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: New guy!

Welcome to the site or should I say welcome to the forums? Glad that you've been supporting us by listening in your own way for so long! We're really thankful to have long-time fans, so thank you once again.

Make sure to read the rules and have fun. Also, you get a gold star for your anime choices. :)

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Ahh, so much nostalgia with those classic anime you mentioned! =)

Welcome aboard!

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

To a listener and fan of Japanese music, this place must seem like a dream...

Welcome to The Fan!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Well met and welcome.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

Welcome! It seems you will find yourself at home here. Enjoy!

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Welcome to this Site we hope that you come to like it like the rest of us do

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote