Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #41
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: What grinds your gears?

You know what grinds my gears?

Old boyfriends who try to message you randomly with "Oh, what beautiful soul through grasping eyes of magical rainbows---" romancy crap.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #42
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post

Old boyfriends who try to message you randomly with "Oh, what beautiful soul through grasping eyes of magical rainbows---" romancy crap.
Coincidental with what I wanted to grind about?

When old girlfriends or flings message you stating they still "just wanna be friends" only to try and find condolence in you once something in their life goes to hell

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #43
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

Grinding the gears??

Cable TV & Internet: charge way too much for the service you get (or don't get)
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

Un-needed projects. What teacher wants you to out 30+ hours into a project worth 10% of your final grade when it has nothing to do with teaching? When I become a teacher I'm so doing pokemon projects.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

Grinding o' the gears:

People who speak English. This means I have to decide in an instant whether he/she/they are intelligent or 1 of those strange anomalies of Fate Happenstance if I choose to converse and/or return socially deferential behaviour feigning approval.

When they speak a native tongue (Japanese, Chinese, et al) it's so much easier on my psyche since I can't understand a darn word much less the sentence structure. Just do the bobbing head routine and go with the flow. Look agreeable. Once they leave, head for the hills, turn on the console...ah, anime, sweet anime. Let art imitate life.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road

You know what grinds my gears:

Internet Petitions

They have never worked nor will they ever work. You are not going to reach that magical number of signatures to get a company or TV executive to give a crap about your cause. If you truely want something to change, you have to change it with your wallet or actual support.

If you want a TV show to be on, don't whine about it getting it a second season and then the first episode of the second season gets worse ratings than the first season finale *ie. Dollhouse* You gotta support the offical release and if you want something to continue, buy the DVDs. That is the proven method of getting something changed.

I would also like to include in there these Internet Boycotts.

Don't say you are mad about a game not having some functionality, sign a thing that says you are not going to play it, then when it comes out you are one of the first people to be playing. "Come on man, what was I supposed to do? Not play it and actually stand up for my cause?" Yeah, I think you should probably do that if you are going to complain about it and start a boycott for the product.

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #47
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Know what grinds my gears?

People who hand in formal reports for english class yet fail to use the simple spell check tool. For goodness sakes, IT PUTS A RED LINE UNDER MISSPELLED WORDS! ... and all one must do is right click it to get it spelled right. I've had too peer edit dozens of papers with misspelled words...it's just rediculous. Improper grammer and such are fine, as those are common mistakes that occur in every writer's paper, however misspelled words or typos are something that can be fixed as soon as the problem arises. Just click...and fix....and let me have one less thing to grind my gears in a day. :biggrin:

...The price of popcorn at movie theaters was a close 2nd...
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #48
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_Bohemian View Post
Grinding o' the gears:

People who speak English. This means I have to decide in an instant whether he/she/they are intelligent or 1 of those strange anomalies of Fate Happenstance if I choose to converse and/or return socially deferential behaviour feigning approval.

When they speak a native tongue (Japanese, Chinese, et al) it's so much easier on my psyche since I can't understand a darn word much less the sentence structure. Just do the bobbing head routine and go with the flow. Look agreeable. Once they leave, head for the hills, turn on the console...ah, anime, sweet anime. Let art imitate life.
umm... if you didnt know, English is a trade language, its essential for the fact its widely used, even if its not the native tongue of most countries.

speaking of English... one thing that grinds my gears...
Most foreign english text books...i was in Beijing and took a look at college level "Advanced English" textbooks... written by people with doctorates in English... the grammar was worse than what a 3rd grader can do in the US... chunky sentences everywhere with only a few words in them, true its somewhat understandable... just... you have to read it... then read it a couple more times to understand what in the world they wrote.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #49
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Autotune. If you can't f*cking sing you shouldn't be making music.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #50
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

Aging: the older you get, the fewer alternatives you have (ruling out death by.....).
Old 05-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #51
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road

When people stop the microwave before the timer runs out and LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!! I cannot stand that. I also hate when the power goes out and I have to reset all the clocks...it's only after power outages when you realize just how many clocks you have in your home. -_-

-twillÿ.

twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #52
Catilena1890

Catilena1890 is meh

Know what grinds my gears? Teachers who act like students. My math teacher is so obnoxious. She has casual conversation with my classmates, she acts like a spoiled brat, and she has a very unpleasent attitude. The other day, I saw some page numbers on the board, and I asked her if that was our homework. She gave me a dirty look and sneered, saying "does your book LOOK like it's got 625 pages?" As she left the room, I muttered "you don't have to be snippy about it, you're not a student." I have half a mind to treat her like a student I don't like.
In a world that has enslaved dragonkind and their riders, the Dragons of Pern face holders whom harvest them and their young for food. Some riders and dragons have fought back, and have fled the cruelty of the North. They hid away in the Southern continent where they founded the weyr of Vulnera. It's a man eats dragon world out there, will YOU join the fight to protect the dragons?

Catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #53
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catilena1890 View Post
Know what grinds my gears? Teachers who act like students. My math teacher is so obnoxious. She has casual conversation with my classmates, she acts like a spoiled brat, and she has a very unpleasent attitude. The other day, I saw some page numbers on the board, and I asked her if that was our homework. She gave me a dirty look and sneered, saying "does your book LOOK like it's got 625 pages?" As she left the room, I muttered "you don't have to be snippy about it, you're not a student." I have half a mind to treat her like a student I don't like.
well what grinds my gears are professors that dont know what they are doing. you go to class... and you dont do anything productive... feels like you wasted a couple hours of your life for nothing. the thought in my head is usually "i could be sleeping right now... but im stuck in a useless class"

and i doubt that teacher is really acting like a student, just being incompetent, ive had teachers and professors that were like students, and they were perfectly chill. i actually prefer it if they can do that so they can actually relate to their students.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #54
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

People who try to get a refund on a scratched lottery ticket. I mean come on, not my fault you lost, your the one that bought it.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #55
Capensis

Capensis is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
When people leave the TV / Radio / anything vollume on an UNEVEN NUMBER!
I have to agree with this one.

people who complain about trivial things....wait a tick. Just joking I get really annoyed when I hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you or even acknowledge me. that is sooo annoying.
Capensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #56
zaburai

zaburai is on a distinguished road

You want to know what grinds my gears? Do you REALLY want to know?

I know I will get hated for this but anime in general atm. They are full of high schoolers, they are all moe now, 90% is slice of lifeand the fanservice. MY GOD the fanservice, every show now his someone with massive jubblies which bounce repulsivly when they move one step, and there is always a minimum of 5 pantyshots per episode. Japan THIS IS NOT SEXY, this does NOT cover up for bad storytelling (wow I just summed up Chu-bra >_<) and I am fed up with it. I know this goes with the whole sex sells principal, but enough is enough.

Now for loli. Why is there a loli character in every series now? What do they do to further or enhance the plot? Oh wait NOTHING! I can understand fanservice a bit but loli? It makes no since why loli characters are so big. They really are just a waste of space. There is nothing good that has come from lolis.

Now for my final one and oh boy I will be hated for this. K-ON. Yes K-ON. The show that everyone loves yet it contains sterotypical characters, in a sterotypical setting yet it is the "new haruhi." The jokes were bland 4 years ago and it takes 20 episodes for a series about a band to sing a full song!!! Even in Angel Beats where the band is a side story they get THREE SONGS!!!

Mabye this is enough ya?

zaburai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #57
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaburai View Post
Now for my final one and oh boy I will be hated for this. K-ON. Yes K-ON. The show that everyone loves yet it contains sterotypical characters, in a sterotypical setting yet it is the "new haruhi." The jokes were bland 4 years ago and it takes 20 episodes for a series about a band to sing a full song!!! Even in Angel Beats where the band is a side story they get THREE SONGS!!!

Mabye this is enough ya?
I love this man.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #58
Tyto

Doesn't give a hoot

Tyto is meh

When people say "I could care less" when what they're trying to say is "I couldn't care less".
Tyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #59
Uchiha_kensei

Uchiha_kensei is meh

^agrees

Uchiha_kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #60
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonediddly View Post
I love this man.
i agree with that particular idea, i dont like the Moe-overload thats happening in anime these days... the shear amount of moe made me want to smash my head against my desk throughout the entire first episode i forced myself to watch...

you know what grinds my gears? People who hate on other societies without a proper cause, saying that other people are "backwards" when they dont realize how "backwards" their own society is...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows