Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Hakouki: Demon Of The Fleeting Blossom

I've been playing this on Vita for the past week. I wanted to get it for quite awhile since visual novels in general are so rare in the US, but the plus is that it's also an otome game. For most anime watchers you already know that this means reverse harem. You're a female, you take different paths, get with guy of your choice.

The thing I liked about Hakouki is the fact that there's a lot of interesting history in it. I didn't learn a lot of Japanese history in school besides World War II, which I think is pretty standard in the US. I think that when it comes down to it ancient Japan is interesting in a lot of ways and Hakouki has that same touch that Sengoku Basara does. It also has an encyclopedia to help with terms and what not.

There is a lack of romance overall because the main story is the war happening. There's also some fanfiction like elements when there's some supernatural things that are introduced (that obviously didn't happen in the textbooks, but these men probably didn't look so bishounen either in real life). There's one implied sex scene and you get a kiss pretty much each route, so if you just want to read some interesting war stuff there's not a lot of romance to deter you. I know some guys are just like ugh at the thought of these things, but there's little to really make any guy react here.

My favorite route for the guy was Okita, but god it had some horrible... like Twilight garbage thrown in there. Harada was also a strong contender, but many of the men are stone cold in their resolve, so don't expect roses. Heisuke was a disappointment, Saito had some sweet moments yet it makes you feel horribly detached from the Shinsengumi, and Hijikata is what I expected.

If you want to avoid feeling sad I strongly recommend getting the bad Okita, normal, and Kazama endings out of the way. None of the others are really that bad, but if you're like me then you dislike when happy endings just don't happen. I try to get the endings I thought might be sad out of the way first so I don't leave the game going, "Ugh, now I'm depressed."

Last edited by Kanashimi; 04-24-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote