You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
Snapplemonkey
Fan

Snapplemonkey is meh
Re: Fall 2010 anime and your thoughts

Hmm... I think I'll have to go by the ones I have watched one by one.

Didn't actually watch the first season until a couple of weeks ago. But disregarding the cliched echi gags I found this anime to be quite original in some ways and it really got me hooked. Most of the characters were interesting and it's a first in a long time that there's an actual male protagonist who's not afraid to punch a girl in the face. I'm glad too see the second season is following the same pattern, a bit more gags though, but nothing that will put me off from watching it. I have no complaints here at least.

This one was also quite original in the start, the protagonist is an actual normal guy. No quirks, not weird fetishes, just a normal guy who has a normal "sister" relationship. They fight, they don't let each other go into their rooms and so on... Now the thing about his sister being a secret otaku was funny, and still is. But I honestly don't like the direction the anime is going with the incest insinuation. Even if it doesn't happen and there's a twist, it feels like the creators are just trying to play on that gimmick and shove it down the viewers throat. (Not to mention I hate it when normal characters solves situation with completely irrational and out of character solutions)

I honestly still don't know what to think of this anime. Is it original... not really... It's fun and cheesy. Echi jokes are a bit overused but somewhat effective. I do like the art style though, pretty original, and the action is pretty cool as well.

I honestly didn't know this was the second season of something so when I started watching it I was utterly confused. When I realized I went back to the original season (still watching it), so no comments on this for now.

I like it, it's cute, charming has a decent story and some interesting hooks and plot direction. It's still at the start and not much plot development has happened since they're still introducing the individual characters.

Too cute... the whole scenario, protagonist and story just melts my heart for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm a geek as well, but all I know is I'm in love (lame I know xD). And the intro... so good.

Watched the first 3 episodes, couldn't watch anymore. This is just my opinion but it's bad... Nothing about this is funny, original or heartwarming. It's just forcing girl on boy violence gags to the max.

My first impression of this was: "What the hell is this crap". But then I thought about it for a while and continued to watch it. I then realized it was the perfect parody, cutesy childish animation/art style with extremely adult themes. And lately there has been some really good action (Episode 6 to be specific). It's fast paced and some of the stories are extremely funny and interesting. Downside is, it's a parody so it's bound to have some bad or unfunny jokes or episodes. But all in all I would have to say this is borderline genius.

Again I'd like to point out these are all my opinions and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
And if there is an anime lacking here it's just because I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

[EDIT:] This doesn't necessarily contain spoilers, I did it to be safe.

Last edited by Snapplemonkey; 11-19-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Snapplemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #22
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey View Post
[EDIT:] Almost forgot... This post may contain SPOILERS!
Just a note, you can make a spoiler tag by typing [*spoiler*=Spoiler]. Just remove the brackets in my example and close the tag with [*/spoiler*]

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #23
Snapplemonkey
Fan

Snapplemonkey is meh

Thanks for the tip Kanashimi!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #24
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Too cute... the whole scenario, protagonist and story just melts my heart for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm a geek as well, but all I know is I'm in love (lame I know xD). And the intro... so good.
YES! <3

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
Snapplemonkey
Fan

Snapplemonkey is meh

New episode today so I'm excited!

Old 11-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #26
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Taoru Majutsu no Index II

...and it's a first in a long time that there's an actual male protagonist who's not afraid to punch a girl in the face...
I know, rite?

Touma ftw.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
Snapplemonkey
Fan

Snapplemonkey is meh

Touma vs Nuns

TOUMA WINS!!!

Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #28
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

Oreimo (simii-cast at animenewsnetwork) has been pretty funny so far. The stories centered around the *otaku* characters and such have been good.

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #29
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

I'm mainly following Star Driver, Ika Musume, and Soredemo Machiwa Mawatteiru.

I catch up on Bakuman and Otome Yokai Zakuro when I have the time, though Bakuman has this kind of pretentiousness that I find annoying. I think its cause the artist (in the story, not the actual artist) is kind of know-it-all despite being inexperienced.

Also following Index II but I watch it less regularly than all the above shows. The entire first season I was extremely bugged by was the fact that it was a show with opposing Science and Magic factions, yet they never fight each other.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #30
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

First half of ep 5 P&S w/GB absolutely made me gag...almost. If I ever watch that part again it will occur after I get a lobotomy. Then ep 6 came out. This show, tasteless as it pretends, is hilarious! I like it so much I even opted for premium membership on Crunchyroll so I could watch commercial-free. TWOGK seems like an OK show. It had a good premise but like PSGB some eps seem hit/miss.
TMnoI part2 is a good show. Watched it a year or so ago on Anilinkz.
Tried to watch LetterBee but lost interest 6 eps in. Same for Sora No Otoshimono...1st season seemed worthy of moderate interest but Season 2 is too pointless, too much fanservice. Dropped it after 4 eps.
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #31
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_Bohemian View Post
...Same for Sora No Otoshimono...1st season seemed worthy of moderate interest but Season 2 is too pointless, too much fanservice. Dropped it after 4 eps.
I tried watching that Samurai Girls anime. Ugh. Honestly couldn't stand it because of the fan service. I suppose if I kept watching it, I'd understand the reason why the dude could kiss a woman and turn her into a crazy samurai master, but it was all too much skin and no substance.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote