It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
digitalricket

digitalricket is meh
Heroman

Anybody been watching Heroman? The anime just started up a few weeks ago in Japan, but it can be caught on Crunchyroll.

For those unaware, the original story was written by none other than Stan Lee, and the manga was adapted into this anime. And as always, you'll find a cameo in the anime by Stan himself.

Wikipedia details:

Orphaned American boy Joey lives with his grandmother, working at a restaurant in the West Coast city of Center City, while going to school. Upon hearing of a new toy robot called the Heybo, Joey believes that getting one will make his life better, turning him into a hero to protect his friends and family. However, he cannot afford to buy it on his meager salary. His luck changes when he picks up a broken down Heybo abandoned by a school bully. He tries to fix it, naming it Heroman, but does not have any luck in getting it to work. However, when it gets struck by a bolt of lightning, it transforms into a giant robot, just in time to save his friend Lina from impending danger. Now, Joey and Heroman are Earth's only defense against the evil insectoid Skrugg aliens, unknowingly summoned to Earth by Joey's science teacher.

I'm really digging the look and feel of the show, and I love how even the smallest details of American life are realized; and it truly does mimic California life. The story is simple yet charming, and the art is top notch.

Last edited by Kibs; 04-16-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: added an image
digitalricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road
Re: Heroman

Joey is so moe<3<3
So far I love the main character, he's a bit weak minded but he knows when to step his game up. I'm enjoying it so far.

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

OP edited, no matter how friendly they are, we don't visit fansubbing sites, we agree that anime is something that ought to be enjoyed ASAP and in the original Japanese audio if one wishes, but their talents would be better spent working for companies such as funimation or crunchyroll, which support the industry that keeps anime coming fom japan, rather than promoting piracy, which kills it.

Aside from that I do intend to give this a watch.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
toyNN
Fan

toyNN is on a distinguished road

I've watched eps 1-3 so far over on CR and I'm farily picky when it comes to shows... Heroman was definitely giving my BS meter a workout but I wanted to read what the rest of the CR community was thinking too. As I read the eps rolling comments area boy I was shocked at how negative most were. CR community is nearly always very positive about each show and to see so many negative comments (mix with some positive) was really surprising. Might be a combination of high-hopes for this show. Though Llian indirectly says it, the main character Joey might have been more interesting if he was a girl,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llian View Post
Joey is so moe<3<3
I'm probably still watching this but not rushing to catch the eps when they get released.

toyNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
digitalricket

digitalricket is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
OP edited, no matter how friendly they are, we don't visit fansubbing sites, we agree that anime is something that ought to be enjoyed ASAP and in the original Japanese audio if one wishes, but their talents would be better spent working for companies such as funimation or crunchyroll, which support the industry that keeps anime coming fom japan, rather than promoting piracy, which kills it.
Sorry about that :redface:

Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not the only who's kept an eye on this show. I didn't read the manga, so I'm not sure where it's headed, but it's kept my attention with how well done the animation is. Though, Joey gets on my nerves since he acts the equivalent of Yui from K-On. Y'know, just a lifeless being who smiles and is happy at everything.

digitalricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
Llian

Type 1 Go

Llian is on a distinguished road

But Joey's self esteem is in the pits..

Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I actually didn't know it was made by Stan Lee until I saw his cameo in the first episode XD, I then looked it up afterward

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
ZshadowX
Fan

ZshadowX is meh

I've watched eps 1-3, so far its really good :P

ZshadowX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Most of the feedback I've seen on sites like MAL and other unmentionables isn't good.

They're saying such things as "A lifeless Digimon wannabe", so on and so forth.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!

Lite is on a distinguished road

I got a free trial on Crunchyroll just to watch episode 4 of this - I'm really enjoying it! While it initially seemed like it would be a Power Rangers-style anime with a monster of the week, the fact that stuff goes so horribly in episode 4 suggests otherwise, and that does maintain my interest.

You've also got to remember it's Stan Lee, introducing a new series. I expect it's gonna get awesome soon.

How many episodes are predicted?

Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Ronlink

Ronlink is meh

Heroman is an amazing series. It's just very unfortunate that there's only one episode left until it's over. TT,..,TT
Ronlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!

Lite is on a distinguished road

I know, I'm so glad I stuck with it! There's been some amazing stuff over the course of the series, and I can't wait to see how it comes to an end. Heroman.... ATTACK!

Lite is offline   Reply With Quote