It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #21
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road
Re: Why the jerks/bad dudes always get the best women and more: My philosophy + rant

Okay guys, I know we're all listening to this station whenever we're awake, but has anyone ever heard of "love line with Dr. Drew"? (yes the same Dr.Drew from vh1 celebrity rehab)

The reason people go for who they go for has nothing to do with their personality. I'm pretty sure there's a general consensus among researchers that the sort of person you go after is based on and basically what type of person your mother/father is depending on which gender you actively seek out. I'm sure there may be cases where this can be questioned, but this general rule, unless I'm horribly mistaken, is true.

So really, the "good" girl goes after the "bad" guy and not the "nice" guy because she sees in that other man traits which she identifies with her father, not exactly because she feels that she isn't good enough to go with the other guy.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes a little too hard.

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh
Re: Why the jerks/bad dudes always get the best women and more: My philosophy + rant

Actually, I'm going to have to go with Leviathan Mist on this one.

In the hall I see these really sweet girls who work, have school and everything else while their boyfriend sits and watches TV in HER room while eating HER food. I see it all the time. Then on the flip side, I see guys carrying girls purses and bags, buying stuff for them, doing everything the girls ask them to do. It's kinda sicking, although when two mean girls fight over a nice guy, gotta admit I'll grab popcorn.

I think nice guys/girls have to learn then can't be so desperate. Nice guys/girls are shy, patience is a virtue. Of course sometimes when a guy falls in love with a nice girl, he's going to think her boyfriend is a total jerk. And if a girl falls in love with a guys, she's going to think his girlfriend is mean, etc. It's also jealously/lust taking over their brains at times, since is the nowadays we live in.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #23
TheDrunkenShadow

The Man Without a Plan

TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of TheDrunkenShadow has much to be proud of

Good traits and bad traits are all a matter of your point of view. Classifying people as 'good' or 'bad' is a ridiculous concept. I mean, really, do you have some sort of a numerical scoring chart for this? I prefer to think of people like puzzle pieces. Their traits shape the piece and every piece fits somewhere. However, at the same time, it's not impossible to put two pieces that don't fit perfectly together. Yes, it leaves empty gaps that throw off the entirety of the 'puzzle', but hey, how many people are lucky enough to find their perfect other half? (or quarters/eighths/etc if they have many spouses or whatever.)

Excuse me in advance if my examples are confusing. At least this one isn't using food.

TheDrunkenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
Rynn

Rynn is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow View Post
... at the same time, it's not impossible to put two pieces that don't fit perfectly together. Yes, it leaves empty gaps that throw off the entirety of the 'puzzle', but hey, how many people are lucky enough to find their perfect other half? (or quarters/eighths/etc if they have many spouses or whatever.)
This.

I think that if two people want something to work between them, they'll find a way to make it work. There really isn't a way to tell if someone is indeed your "perfect" other half. I mean, what is true perfection? It's not a lack of fighting. Fighting means you're willing to exert the effort to care and therefore (in most cases) to fix any existing problems standing in the way of all that fairy tale crap that Disney's shoved down our throats :P

But seriously. Yeah, there's someone out there for everyone, but there could be more than one someone.

Anyway, I still don't understand dating. Maybe I'm just terrible at it. :S

[v][o][i][c][e] [a][c][t][o][r][s] : my (anti-)drug.

Rynn is offline   Reply With Quote