You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
ScrumYummy

ScrumYummy is meh
Scott Pilgrim movie

So, who has seen it? What are your opinions/reviews?

I saw it last night; I have to say, I was really apprehensive about Michael Cera playing Scott Pilgrim because Michael Cera doesn't really act that often, but he pulled it off a lot better than I was expecting!

The movie overall is good; the comedic timing is really good, the added jokes were funny. But (and I know it's unfair to compair them to the books, because they made the movie before the last book was out--although IMHO, that was a mistake) the ending was very different from the books. I'm sure it made sense to people that hadn't read them, but to me it was one gaping plot hole after another (because they introduced some things related to the ending earlier in the movie, but then didn't explain it at the end, when they should have). I am also a little butthurt that characters that redeemed themselves in the book series had to have Scott's help to do so in the movie. So instead of characters figuring out their own problems, Scott would say something that would suddenly change their lives, thus making him to be more of a hero. A little annoying, but forgivable since they had an hour and 45 minutes to tell the whole story.

Anyway, I think I have rambled enough XD I can go more into depth about my points for anyone that doesn't mind spoilers.

ScrumYummy is offline   Reply With Quote